• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Reasonable Price for ASM 361

489 posts in this topic

So at C2E2 I saw prices I consider redonk for raw ASM 361s, I'm talking 50 to 75 for comics that were not flawless. So in much the same vein as the NM 98 thread, what all do you think is a fair price for the first carnage, both raw and 9.8 slabbed?

If GPA represents "reasonable", then the 58 copies of CGC 9.8 sold in the last 90 days average $150.

People can ask whatever price they want for raw or slabbed... but until it sells, it isn't "market price". :grin:

At the Calgary show this weekend I was selling copies that were 8.5/9.0 for $50 raw, and had my 9.6 go at $150 fairly fast.

My 9.4 copy of #362 sold for $50 as well......

Edited by kimik

I watched a raw sell at C2E2 for $90... I was in shock.

Jim

:o Wow that's crazy!

I went from booth to booth looking to pick up copies and a few of the dealers threw out $90 at me. I haggled and got about 4-5 copies in VF-VF+ for about $35/40 ea. Watch out for the copies with the "printer defect" small tears at the bottom. And yes, the book continues to rise even as the weeks go by.

With a print run over 750k I wouldn't pay more than 6 bucks for a nice raw copy.

That day has long sailed.

On eBay sure, but not at local shops. Its like MoS 18, due to its release date there is a perceived overabundance of the book which leads to a long list of shop owners failing to recognize the prices it currently commands.

Not to mention that again due to when it was released this is the type of book that routinely finds itself tossed in back issue bins at places like Half Price Books and other used book stores.

With a print run over 750k I wouldn't pay more than 6 bucks for a nice raw copy.

That day has long sailed.

On eBay sure, but not at local shops. Its like MoS 18, due to its release date there is a perceived overabundance of the book which leads to a long list of shop owners failing to recognize the prices it currently commands.

Not to mention that again due to when it was released this is the type of book that routinely finds itself tossed in back issue bins at places like Half Price Books and other used book stores.

I don't find MOS 17-18 or ASM 361 regularly at shops. I do find one here and there, but it's about 1 in 6 shops/ stands. Last ASM 361 I paid $8 for, but they also had a Thor 337 and Uncanny 221 for $5 each, so they weren't picked through.