• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Reasonable Price for ASM 361

489 posts in this topic

Just won this beauty on eBay for $19.99. From an estate sale, looks clean as hell.

HGrAWIe.jpg

See to me, in that pic, the bottom staple looks rusted or popped. I'm hoping for the best for you.

Jim

I thought that, too but this picture gives a little bit better of a look. I don't know if it's rust or just poor lighting. Guess I'll find out in a couple of days.

7gBoCYP.jpg

Again not trying to burst the bubble...but are they even the same books???

Bottom book has a bad wrap, at the bottom of the book. Top one appears to be centred better.

Jim

Just won this beauty on eBay for $19.99. From an estate sale, looks clean as hell.

HGrAWIe.jpg

See to me, in that pic, the bottom staple looks rusted or popped. I'm hoping for the best for you.

Jim

I thought that, too but this picture gives a little bit better of a look. I don't know if it's rust or just poor lighting. Guess I'll find out in a couple of days.

7gBoCYP.jpg

Bottom book has a bad wrap, at the bottom of the book. Top one appears to be centred better.

Jim

That's why eBay has a return policy. :devil:

i have 24 sets of 361-363 pulled by store straight into bag and baords best $90 pops spent spent that week in 1992

Can't remember what the story is this week...is "pops" still with us or no? :foryou:

Jim

:roflmao: Maybe a cats sick sale.

Jim

Jim

I think that's just an illusion of the angle and reflection. Same with the staple.

I got the book today and the bottom is simply a mis-wrap. I was worried that it was a rusty staple as well, but it's the ad on the back of the book wrapping over onto the front cover. Production error. Whew.

I have had about 6 of these and at least half had a bad wrap on them. Seems common with this book.

I have a stack of them and half of them are wrapped badly, has to be a know issue. The silver 2nd prints and UPC seem to be the way to go as the wrap is perfect on these issues. Could explain the recent premium on these 2.

I have a stack of them and half of them are wrapped badly, has to be a know issue. The silver 2nd prints and UPC seem to be the way to go as the wrap is perfect on these issues. Could explain the recent premium on these 2.

I picture the wrap becoming a focal point on first printing 9.8's selling for a premium. More often then not, they biffed the wrapage.

I picture the wrap becoming a focal point on first printing 9.8's selling for a premium. More often then not, they biffed the wrapage. [/quote

Anyone have an example of a typically miswrapped 9.8 that they can post?

-J.

I picture the wrap becoming a focal point on first printing 9.8's selling for a premium. More often then not, they biffed the wrapage.

-J.

0F5C4947-6023-4BFD-9CA1-BECADF146DA1_zpszoszlfky.jpg

-J.

0F5C4947-6023-4BFD-9CA1-BECADF146DA1_zpszoszlfky.jpg

Thanks Awake. Yowzers. I didn't even realize that had become a "thing" with these books.

-J.

9.8's are up to $200 now. I'm not sure if there is a price difference yet realized for the mis-wrapped copies.

-J.

I believe there will be a premium as more and more people come to the same realization as the people on the boards already have.

9.8's are up to $200 now. I'm not sure if there is a price difference yet realized for the mis-wrapped copies.

-J.

I sold a second print 9.8 for 200+ within a couple of hours. Crazy hot.