• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gotham
3 3

1,832 posts in this topic

On 9/22/2017 at 6:09 AM, Bosco685 said:

Good season kickoff last night. But especially with the Scarecrow finally coming out.

Amazing.  This girl is slowly morphing into Michelle Pfeiffer as she gets older.  Wasn't sure at first, but I think they made a good choice casting her.

1 hour ago, skypinkblu said:

I think she and Alfred have always been my favorites.

I can't remember, was "Butch" killed off last season?

In the finale.

Then his real character name leaked, revealing he becomes Solomon Grundy.

Exclusive: Solomon Grundy Set to Make 'Gotham' Debut in Two Weeks

gotham-solomon-grundy-butch-gilzean-1017

The Batman prequel series revealed that Butch (Drew Powell) wasn't actually Butch, but a man by the name of Cyrus Gold, aka Batman villain Solomon Grundy.

Since that finale, everyone has been wondering when the zombified Grundy will appear on the show. Heading into the third episode of Season Four, Grundy has still yet to make his debut, but that's about to change very soon.

During an exclusive interview with ComicBook.com, Gotham co-executive producer Bryan Wynbrandt revealed that Grundy will arrive on October 19th, in the episode titled "A Dark Knight: The Blade's Path."

"He is two episodes away," Wynbrandt told us on Wednesday. "We're really banking a lot on the Grundy [this season]. He comes in episode five."

As the interview continued, Wynbrandt went on to explain the kind of role Grundy will play when he arrives.

"It's got that Frankenstein-esk story to it. We are different from the comics in which Grundy's appearances came of Cyrus Gold character," Wynbrandt explained. "We have Butch Gilzean who at the end of last season, we teased that his first name was Cyrus Gold which was obviously a nod to Grundy. Cyrus Gold has a cannon of its own that's different from Gilzean. We really were looking at this as Butch Gilzean becoming Grundy. What's great is now that Grundy's back in the world, there are people who know him as Butch Gilzean. There's a very interesting dynamic to play when he crosses with our core characters and they don't know that he's this new character, this new canonical villain."

So, I'm all caught up this season. Scarecrow looks good. Bat suit coming together. Characters are moving in good direction. Can't wait or Grundy! Oh, just a thought....       

Spoiler

is Babs going to be Thalia's mom?

On 10/7/2017 at 8:27 AM, kdoginohio said:

So, I'm all caught up this season. Scarecrow looks good. Bat suit coming together. Characters are moving in good direction. Can't wait or Grundy! Oh, just a thought....       

Reveal hidden contents

is Babs going to be Thalia's mom?

kdog - a follow up to your thought...

Spoiler

At this point it's unlikely that she becomes Barbara Gordon's mother, so you might be on to something with Thalia. 

4 hours ago, Jimbo749 said:

kdog - a follow up to your thought...

Reveal hidden contents

At this point it's unlikely that she becomes Barbara Gordon's mother, so you might be on to something with Thalia. 

I didn't consider that with last episode's relationship reveal. Now, I wonder.

On 10/5/2017 at 1:59 PM, Bosco685 said:

Exclusive: Solomon Grundy Set to Make 'Gotham' Debut in Two Weeks

gotham-solomon-grundy-butch-gilzean-1017

The Batman prequel series revealed that Butch (Drew Powell) wasn't actually Butch, but a man by the name of Cyrus Gold, aka Batman villain Solomon Grundy.

Since that finale, everyone has been wondering when the zombified Grundy will appear on the show. Heading into the third episode of Season Four, Grundy has still yet to make his debut, but that's about to change very soon.

During an exclusive interview with ComicBook.com, Gotham co-executive producer Bryan Wynbrandt revealed that Grundy will arrive on October 19th, in the episode titled "A Dark Knight: The Blade's Path."

"He is two episodes away," Wynbrandt told us on Wednesday. "We're really banking a lot on the Grundy [this season]. He comes in episode five."

As the interview continued, Wynbrandt went on to explain the kind of role Grundy will play when he arrives.

"It's got that Frankenstein-esk story to it. We are different from the comics in which Grundy's appearances came of Cyrus Gold character," Wynbrandt explained. "We have Butch Gilzean who at the end of last season, we teased that his first name was Cyrus Gold which was obviously a nod to Grundy. Cyrus Gold has a cannon of its own that's different from Gilzean. We really were looking at this as Butch Gilzean becoming Grundy. What's great is now that Grundy's back in the world, there are people who know him as Butch Gilzean. There's a very interesting dynamic to play when he crosses with our core characters and they don't know that he's this new character, this new canonical villain."

Does this mean that we should all be stockpiling up on our issues of All-American 61 then since it features Grundy's first appearance and origin, along with an all-time classic cover to boot?  :D 

Actually, the introduction of these comic book characters in movies and TV shows in most cases don't seem to have much of an impact on the GA books, unlike the BA and CA books which just seems to go ballistic.  Especially when it comes to the use of Marvel characters in the movies, which I find rather kind of surprising considering the huge quantities of copies out there and in grade also.  (shrug)

Edited by lou_fine

I'm wanting to like this interpretation of Ra's. But it seems too out-in-the-open and revealing. I would think he operates more in the shadows, using others to accomplish his goals. Although I guess with the reveal he was the one leading the Court of Owls the entire time, there is that.

It looks like Grundy comes next. :fear:

On 10/11/2017 at 7:33 PM, lou_fine said:

Does this mean that we should all be stockpiling up on our issues of All-American 61 then since it features Grundy's first appearance and origin, along with an all-time classic cover to boot?  :D 

Actually, the introduction of these comic book characters in movies and TV shows in most cases don't seem to have much of an impact on the GA books, unlike the BA and CA books which just seems to go ballistic.  Especially when it comes to the use of Marvel characters in the movies, which I find rather kind of surprising considering the huge quantities of copies out there and in grade also.  (shrug)

I right with ya!! Just watched last weeks episode!! AWESOME trailer for next week!! Gonna be a REAL tough book to stockpile though NO ONE wants to sell theirs...including me :cloud9: 

This season is definitely taking a turn for the darker, while maintaining the quirkiness and zaniness of all the characters and situations.

I'm looking forward to see how they pull off Solomon Grundy. And if they can keep him unique and interesting in this zombie-heavy culture where this is a common storyline now.

Okay, does anyone else want Victor to take care of Sofia? Might be worse character than Fish. Will we see Penguin's bookeeper have a puppet soon? Also, am I the only one that thinks of Dave Stevens' Vampirella when they show Lee Thompkins?

Poison Ivy just got that much more interesting!

'Gotham' Recasts Poison Ivy

poisonivy-1045350-640x320.jpg

espite the fact that Poison Ivy has already had a couple of different faces on Gotham, the popular villain is set to undergo another change. Warner Bros. has just announced that another actress has been cast as Ivy Pepper going into the second half of Season 4.

Peyton List (The Flash, Tomorrow People) will join Gotham as Ivy Pepper/Poison Ivy when the character returns to the show in early 2018. She replaces Maggie Geha, who had been portraying Ivy up until the second episode of this season, when she drank several vials of poison and began transforming into something more dangerous.

Originally, Ivy was played by Clare Foley, who brought a younger iteration of the character to life, until the character was rapidly aged, causing Geha to take on the role.

peyton-list-1045354.jpg