• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FF 3

2,686 posts in this topic

Does this book look like the copy that was sold in the february Heritage auction? The only thing is that book was qualified.

Look at the FF 3

Yes, 100% sure its the same book. Check out the very mild stain on top left edge just above the "F" . It can be seen on both books. What was the qualification?

Elvis

technically, Bob could have had the staples replaced with vintage staples and gotten a blue label for his troubles.

not saying he did. not implying he did. just a possibility. another possibility is me being elected President some day, for a point of reference

Boys boys boys

When will you learn?? This hobby is silly.

If you like the genre. And you want to capitalize on your love.

BUY Original Art.

Nothing nicer than owning a vintage page of OA from your favorite artist.

And you don't have to label chase.

OA RULES !!!

KK

technically, Bob could have had the staples replaced with vintage staples and gotten a blue label for his troubles.

not saying he did. not implying he did. just a possibility. another possibility is me being elected President some day, for a point of reference

I wasn't implying that Bob was up to no good -- far from it. I was really looking for his input on this. Shoot, he could have bought the thing already re-slabbed or it could be a consignment book.

Boys boys boys

BUY Original Art.

OA RULES !!!

KK

Krazy, enough already. We know. Really. We know. If this hobby is silly then why post here?

"Capitalize on your love". May I puke.

I suspect that this book has been slighty trimmed along the bottom edge. A blown up scan of Bob Storms copy would make it easier to detect.

Good call. If it's the same book, then the bottom edge has been trimmed. If you look at the small corner of the roof of the building directly below the top of the Torch's head, on the Qualified copy there is a little bit of a second box in the row of boxes that make up the roof. On the blue label book, that box is gone. 893whatthe.gif

I suspect that this book has been slighty trimmed along the bottom edge. A blown up scan of Bob Storms copy would make it easier to detect.

Good call. If it's the same book, then the bottom edge has been trimmed. If you look at the small corner of the roof of the building directly below the top of the Torch's head, on the Qualified copy there is a little bit of a second box in the row of boxes that make up the roof. On the blue label book, that box is gone. 893whatthe.gif

893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

Sad to say it...but I think he is right...the bottom edge appears different.

Boys boys boys

BUY Original Art.

OA RULES !!!

KK

If the original art 'hobby' is populated by individuals like you, I'd rather sell all my comics and invest in vintage tampons, thank you very much.

Boys boys boys

BUY Original Art.

OA RULES !!!

KK

If the original art 'hobby' is populated by individuals like you, I'd rather sell all my comics and invest in vintage tampons, thank you very much.

27_laughing.gif

Sometimes I think he's using reverse psychology on us so he can purchase original art without any major competition. I must say it's worked on me so far. I'm beginning to hate original art. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

It's definitely a tough call. I would definitely expect that the book had been pressed. If there was a touch of trimming, it was an unbelievably small amount (maybe 1/64 of an inch).

I could easily see CGC saying staples cleaned and then not saying that on a resubmit. Simply, a little of bit of wear applied to a clean staple might make the staple not appear clean anymore.

Amazingly enough, the grade actually DECREASES, so if there was a trim job, it didn't improve the grade.

I see what your talking about but I've pulled them both into PS and matched them up. It's inconclusive without a higer res scan of Bob's book. The part that doesn't really show up in his scan could just be pixelated out due to compression. We would need a 300dpi scan to be certain.