• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SIGNATURE SERIES: JOHN BYRNE
1 1

165 posts in this topic

On 1/19/2005 at 6:58 PM, AlexH said:

Disappointment?!? You realize this will most likely be the only time John Byrne will ever do signings for the Signatures Series, right? And here you are with 6 copies of X-Men #108.

I just discovered this old thread and enjoyed reading through it (even though none of the photo links worked).

There are apparently many high-grade X-Men CGC S/S Byrne tucked away in collections.  Anybody here have them?

Edited by CardiacKid1

2 hours ago, CardiacKid1 said:

I just discovered this old thread and enjoyed reading through it (even though none of the photo links worked).

There are apparently many high-gradeX-Men CGC S/S Byrne tucked away in collections.  Anybody here have them?

I know a guy who has a smokin' TIGHT copy of X-Men 134 8.5 s/s Byrne, Claremont  and later---AUSTIN!  

4 hours ago, CardiacKid1 said:

There are apparently many high-grade X-Men CGC S/S Byrne tucked away in collections.  Anybody here have them?

My understanding is that approximately 100 Byrnes got done on that fateful November day.  MANY of them were interior signature books. I have seen a lot of them, but not all. The Beyonders books and AlexHs books have been shown many times.

Almost had another about 5 years ago, but Byrne claimed he was allergic to the sharpie that was sent and backed out.  Not a sniff since :(