• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Would You Have Bought It?

11 posts in this topic

A 9.0 Captain Marvel Adventures #13

This would have gone great in my collection and the opening bid price was $799. Looking on ComicPriceGuide.com a graded 9.0 is $1575 so that's a heck of a bargain yet I didn't even bid on it. In fact no one bid on it. Why? At least for me it's because the comic appears to have severely slipped in the case and I don't know what kind of damage it might have caused. Should I have gone for it? I could have broken it out of the case and had it regraded but I just let that one go. Was I crazy? Obviously I could have gotten it for about 1/2 guide so maybe I missed a huge opportunity. I just know I would have never gotten around to regrading it and seeing it all askew would have bothered me to no end.

15469.JPG

See more journals by David Swan

If you look closely, you will see that the comic itself it not really that askew in the casing. You can see where the spine is bent over at the top left.

That looks like bad manufacturing or possibly a half baked pressing job.

I wouldn't have gone for it either, looking like that

Dude that I store stamp just kills it for me. I know some people don't mind them or date stamps at all but I can't get past them. Good job not bidding...love the comment that we collect comics not serial numbers (points).

Always dilemma. Always tough decision. Always hard to find it in a high grade like this one. Hopefully you won't regret it for a long time.

If it is still on the auction, I would call CGC if they can do about it. That will give you the better decision.

That is my 2c

It's 9.0 and fits in your collection. I would email the seller and make an offer based on what you would pay for it raw plus some upgrade to reflect the initial high grade.