• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Has MP 15 "REALLY" hit all time highs?

531 posts in this topic

So checking GPA for Marvel Premier 15 we see that in the last few days Marvel Premier 15 CGC 9.8 has not only hit all time highs but have shot through the roof (double the price). April 23rd saw a sale for $3,750( eBay Record Sale 1) and then on May 1st another record sale, this time for $3,995 (eBay Record Sale 2) both BIN on eBay. Neither sale shows a cert number. Now here is where it gets interesting. The most recent record sale (sale 2) was by Frankat18. Frankat18 is a boardie here, bigboytoys, as he freely admits here. Two days ago BBT started a thread selling a copy of MP #15, that he had recently bought from a boardie a few weeks ago right before the first record sale. BBT offered that book up citing those record sales, one of which he was the seller on. See here So either BBT lucked out, had two copies of a book (that has only 32 copies in the census) and sold one for a record sale and the other here via PM or something else...

I should also add, there is a striking similarity between the second record sale (frankat18's) and the book offered in BBT's thread. Note the lower left corner crunch and the way that the microchamber paper is sticking out starting right above the lower right corner.

Edited to add outcome:

As of Monday May 12th it has been determined that both eBay id's belong to Bigboytoys. As can be seen here chapao12 had received feedback from Jeffreykli on March 4 2013. Domo contacted JeffreyKLI as he is a board member and asked about the transaction. Jeff was able to check his records and found that he had what was shipped and noted that the shipment went to Canada along with an e-mail address. The name and address match bigboytoys identically. (Jeff provided me full name and address along with the e-mail address in PM) There is no question now that both accounts were run by bigboytoys, in an effort to gauge GPA.

The book in Ebay sale 2 and that forum thread link look to be IDENTICAL. Same corner printer's crease bottom of spine, same miswrap, same microchamber paper reveal.

They look to be the exact same book.

But they can't be the same book, because the book in Ebay sale two was a SALE....and thus sold to someone else, right?

I would be interested to hear how he was able to sell the first book on eBay for a record sale when there was only the one pic and it strategically had a flash shot over the cert number so there was no way to check it.

I'll gladly consult if you guys ever need me Frank :) I owe you guys for handling all the drunks every weekend (especially on Saint Paddy's Day)

(thumbs u Could miss your true calling bro. Could be riding around in style on St. Pats day . lol Clown Car anyone? :tonofbricks:

F709FF99-789B-428E-BD25-3C56120F82F8_zpselgj1qli.jpg[/img]

Or you could be with me in the housing area (They just transferred me down there a month ago. We have a nice lake view. It's called lake urine. lol:sick:

2AA72071-0063-43B7-84CB-2D59AACFC2DA_zpsds0yi1fx.jpg[/img]

If you look closely at the 1st auction (granted its a bad pic). The spine has the white stripe that tapers down like the second auction and the white sticking out on the right edge is very similar as well. I bet all 3 are the same book.