• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Thread "The Flash" TV Show SPOILER-FILLED
4 4

2,573 posts in this topic

Finally we learn about the origin of The Thinker/ Clifford DeVoe. It's a little sad to watch.

I can't believe they had the robot Samurai head sitting there the entire time, and nobody figured to check it out to see if it could go live.

WWE Superstar Goldberg To Appear On 'The Flash'

the-flash-wwe-goldberg-guest-star-106124

Former Universal Champion Bill Goldberg recently confirmed that he'll be appearing in two episodes of The Flash Season Four. The producers for CW's The Flash have yet to verify the news, but considering it's coming straight from Goldberg's verified Twitter account it's probably a safe bet.

It's not exactly clear who the former football player and wrestler will be playing yet, though given the events of Season Four there is one major possibility.

When Team Flash helped retrieve Barry Allen from the Speed Force, they accidentally mixed up the location where they retrieved him which caused a public bus to be hit with the same radiation that gave Barry his powers.

Now people who were on the bus have become Metahumans and granted superpowers. The show could retcon Goldberg's presence on the bus, making it an easy excuse to introduce new powered heroes and villains to Central City.

On 11/22/2017 at 11:54 AM, Bosco685 said:

Finally we learn about the origin of The Thinker/ Clifford DeVoe. It's a little sad to watch.

I can't believe they had the robot Samurai head sitting there the entire time, and nobody figured to check it out to see if it could go live.

If the man is so smart and knows the answer to everything why cant he find the cure to his problem.

Of did  I misunderstand how his powers work.

4 hours ago, Ares said:

If the man is so smart and knows the answer to everything why cant he find the cure to his problem.

Of did  I misunderstand how his powers work.

Fair question. Here is how one article sums it up.

What Does Clifford DeVoe Want On 'The Flash'? The Thinker Revealed Himself To Barry, But His Plans Remain A Mystery

"Therefore I Am" gives fans a little bit of insight into the complicated and genius mind of Clifford DeVoe. Four years ago, he was just your average brilliant professor, with a doting, equally brilliant wife. He moved from Oxford to teach at Central City University, where he and his wife (aka The Mechanic) were focused on one mission: to expand their minds. DeVoe wanted a way to know everything in the world, and so the Mechanic created a "thinking cap" that would help expand his brain power. The only problem was that for the thinking cap to work, they would need an unlimited supply of energy. And, wouldn't you know it, that's exactly what they got when Wells/Reverse Flash turned on the Particle Accelerator. While Barry was off being hit by Dark Matter lightning, becoming the Flash, DeVoe was standing outside STAR Labs, waiting for the Accelerator to explode and unleash energy to fire up his "thinking cap." And the lightening that struck him hit directly on the cap.

Needless to say, after the night of the Particle Accelerator explosion, DeVoe was never the same. In flashbacks, "Therefore I Am" shows how he recovered from the night and suddenly has all the brain power in the world. He is solving the hardest mathematical problems in history and recalling every fact ever recorded. There is just one problem: his big brain was using up too much energy, causing his body to deteriorate at a quick pace. This is why the Thinker sits in that creepy floating chair and has his creepy thinking cap (which, it turns out, is actually a bunch of wires that connect directly into his brain) — the Mechanic designed the tech as a way to keep his body alive. While all of this explains how DeVoe became the Thinker, it still doesn't explain what he wants with Barry.

The Thinker is going to let Barry and Iris get married before he unleashes the rest of his evil plan, so we won't know what exactly his endgame is for a while. Here's what we do know: The Thinker is evil, and he wants to outthink Barry. The question is why. My guess is that he needs Barry or a speedster for some kind of energy source so that he can stay alive and remain the most powerful mind on the planet. He also seems to have a desire to be the smartest man alive, and to have other people acknowledge that fact, so I wouldn't cross world domination off the list just yet.

So although he may be the brightest man alive, even he can't stop the deterioration taking place to his body the more he exerts his mind.

I watch it, but I'm not crazy about the Devoe story line either.  I still love Harry and Cisco, and I find Iris more palatable. 

Not crazy about Ralph Digby, I don't remember him being such a turkey in the comics...but he was married and his wife was pretty normal...or maybe I was 10 years old when I read them or something;)

Still watching it. But I cannot wait for them to move on from the Devoe storyline. It could have ended four episodes back.

I like Ralph. He is finally coming around. And the scene of him watching that girl die was sad. You can tell it is going to have an impact on his hero-making.

John Wesley Shipp On What Excites Him About Returning to 'The Flash'

jay-garrick-flash-1-183725-640x320.jpg

When John Wesley Shipp brings Jay Garrick back to the world of The Flash on tonight's episode, titled "Enter Flashtime," he will be fighting side by side with Grant Gustin's Barry Allen for the first time in a while -- and the two will get to spend some quality time together onscreen for the first time since Shipp played Henry Allen, Barry's dad.

Shipp, who played Barry himself in the 1990 series, was revealed at the end of season 2 as the face behind an iron mask that had lingered as a mystery all season long. With Barry's Earth-1 father dead, Jay Garrick turned out to be his Earth-3 doppelganger, and gave Shipp not only a new way to interface with Gustin/Barry and with the story itself, but also another chance -- to fans' delight -- to suit up as a speedster again.

"The thing that I loved about this episode, I had so many close scenes with Grant as Henry Allen," Shipp told ComicBook.com. "There was such a camaraderie, and there was such a connection. Once I became Jay Garrick, it was much cooler in temperature and we had to go through a process of warming up to each other. Because I had started my Jay being skeptical of Barry, and if he was gonna change the timeline every time he got upset. Well by this time we're working together. And it's a restoration of a camaraderie not only between Jay and Barry, but between John and Grant that I had been missing. So I have to tell you, I'm very excited about people seeing this episode. I think it's gonna blow some minds. It's also very Grant-centric. We get to see him operating all over the place as a hero. And anytime he gets to shine like that, you know it's gonna be brilliant."

'The Flash' Renewed for Season 5

Barry Allen may be facing his most challenging villain yet this season on The Flash, but it looks like the Scarlet Speedster somehow manage to find a way to keep running. The CW has renewed The Flash for its fifth season.

The announcement that the DC superhero series will return was hinted at when network president Mark Pedowtiz told reporters during the Television Critics Association winter press tour that he expected The CW's current superhero lineup (the so-called Arrowverse that includes Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, and Legends of Tomorrow) to be renewed for the 2018-2019 television season.

"At the moment, it's a little too soon," Pedowitz said. "We're noted for announcing at winter TCA that we're picking up shows, we just weren't ready to do that yet. A couple more weeks [and] we'll probably get around to it. I'm pretty confident we'll see them all back"

I still watch it but I agree with everyone these whole Devoe storyline is dragging on like a bad movie hell I'm interested in the girl that has appeared in a couple of scenes.

I really liked the show before the mid season finale. The race to defuse the nuke. One of my favorite shows of the entire run. I agree with the others about how Ralph is portrayed and this dragging on of the Devoe plot. For a die hard Flash fan like me, even I was turned off. Still ist kinda cool to have Flash on TV! I will keep watching and hope for a better writing in the episodes to come.

10 hours ago, flashlites said:

I really liked the show before the mid season finale. The race to defuse the nuke. One of my favorite shows of the entire run. I agree with the others about how Ralph is portrayed and this dragging on of the Devoe plot. For a die hard Flash fan like me, even I was turned off. Still ist kinda cool to have Flash on TV! I will keep watching and hope for a better writing in the episodes to come.

The show-runners really need to have a few Big Bads lined up for a season, and only give them a few episodes to lay out the storyline between each against Team Flash.