• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Thread "The Flash" TV Show SPOILER-FILLED
4 4

2,574 posts in this topic

Anyone care to speculate on Season 2?

N---E---W---S-------F--L---A---S---H

This is gonna be GREAT

They're clearly moving in a direction that incorporates the JSA, other Flashes (I remember reading that they had already cast Wally West awhile back), and possibly other A-level heroes like GL (as per the continued use of Ferris and other GL mentionables).

I'm sure things are going to get downright strange because they're playing with time and there's already a trillion paradoxes including the one that should have wiped out Barry as the Flash (simply because RF was erased from existence potentially and because RF created the Flash and the accelerator...etc. ad infinitum).

You've got Ramon's character transitioning officially to the character VIBE as per RF's statements about him being impacted by the accelerator as well (with his memories of other timelines being evidence of his power)

Although I didn't catch it in the show last night, someone already mentioned that Barry "saw" Killer Frost while travelling with the Speed Force thru time....so Caitlin is due to become a villain sooner or later.

All in all, I fully expect this show to keep delivering into the forseeable future. They did an amazing job of keeping my interest as well as fueling my speculation about what's to come.

I love the show, and even in the "slow" spots it's better than almost 100% of everything else out there. Many other comic shows could take a page from this one.

Although I didn't catch it in the show last night, someone already mentioned that Barry "saw" Killer Frost while travelling with the Speed Force thru time....so Caitlin is due to become a villain sooner or later.

7Yx6IdR.gif

I too love the show obviously, but sometimes they go a little far. I mean Barry closes the door and his eyes as RF murders his mom on the other side of it - that had me cringing. But I agree the Easter eggs were out of this world!

Predictions - Wells is back as himself Flash is created same way, as are others, Eddie was sucked into black hole comes back as evil RF.

I can't wait!!!!

7Yx6IdR.gif

:thumbsup:

Awesome bro!!! thx a bundle!

I too love the show obviously, but sometimes they go a little far. I mean Barry closes the door and his eyes as RF murders his mom on the other side of it - that had me cringing.

Yeah, not digging that either. HOWEVER, having said that....there are MUCH worse repercussions that result from saving his mother as per the Flashpoint storyline....so in the end it's not a bad decision.

BUT, the kicker is that his future self saw him and gave him the stiff arm.

What do you do when your FUTURE self tells you something is an epic fail?

You do what Barry did, cringe behind the door and wait it out because maybe your future self knows something you don't.

This is a situation with no good choices.

7Yx6IdR.gif

I loved that Flash gets video highlights of his life when he's breaking the time barrier.

Like comic books the plots are unapologetically goofy at times. It reminds me of the Batman TV show of the sixties. I hope this ushers in the kind of popularity that show brought for the comic character. But there weren't a dozen other shows about superheroes then like there is today, so the field is much more crowded. But the Flash is the only show that went full-Monty on the comic book angle, right out of the gate.

7Yx6IdR.gif

I too love the show obviously, but sometimes they go a little far. I mean Barry closes the door and his eyes as RF murders his mom on the other side of it - that had me cringing.

Yeah, not digging that either. HOWEVER, having said that....there are MUCH worse repercussions that result from saving his mother as per the Flashpoint storyline....so in the end it's not a bad decision.

BUT, the kicker is that his future self saw him and gave him the stiff arm.

What do you do when your FUTURE self tells you something is an epic fail?

You do what Barry did, cringe behind the door and wait it out because maybe your future self knows something you don't.

This is a situation with no good choices.

Agree, but he should not have gone in the first place. I think they could have done the story without this. I would think it'd be hard to live with that kind of guilt. Especially how Grant portrays Barry as wearing his emotions on his sleeves.

That said, the changes open it up for all kinds of cool stuff as you eluded. I love that Wells could return and that Kate will get mean . . .

and what about the GA Flash! Could Barry's dad be him with the changes in the time line???

:whee:

Anyone catch when RF said "Rip Hunter would be proud of your time machine!"

It did kind of look like the Rip Hunter time machine. Maybe a Rip Hunter episode in the future?

I thinking Barry is going to end up on Earth-A or B or one of those other dimension Earths. That's why they show the golden-age Flash hat.

Some how all this is going to tie into that 2016 DC's Legends Of Tomorrow show that's coming.

Wells comes back as Wells, there will be something missing without him there. He'll still be brooding because his fiance was killed. That means there will have to be some kind of Reverse Flash (Professor Zoom) around to kill her.

Cisco is going to remember all the changes and rescue Eddie somehow which will keep Eobard Thorne in the picture, but with his original face.

I am not sure about Caitlin, she seems like the last person to become evil, maybe they will modify her character.

I think this has become my favorite show.

With regards to Barry and crew creating an extinction level event to save is mom...

Forget the fact that there's a huge singularity eating up the Earth for the moment. The entire idea of going back in time and changing anything has always been associated with problems. Stein already warned Barry about that. Cisco warned Barry about that. RV straight up warned Barry earlier in the season about not messing with time.

There's just no way to go about exploring the time travel aspect of the Flash mythology without some incentive to do so considering the apparent risks. So them not caring about a Black Hole eating up everyone doesn't really surprise me. The fact that they're all complicit in his travel implies that they know that history will be rewritten in the process.

As far as speculation about next season:

Bertilani's own comments about finding an interesting way to introduce new villains into the next season coupled with the depiction of Hawkgirl, Killer Frost, Garrick's helmet, mention of Rip Hunter by RF, and finally Barry running into the singularity at the finale leads me to believe the following:

Barry isn't going to be returning to his primary timeline or earth-1 anytime soon.

He's going to get sucked through that thing into an alternate timeline/earth-2 or somewhere occupied by alternative versions of the same characters. One of those is probably going to be Killer Frost. RF said that Barry was seeing his "past, present and future" while travelling through the speed force. There were corresponding pictures of his childhood, Killer Frost and then finally the Flash Museum. Maybe Barry's present includes Killer Frost in some new timeline. It possibly also incorporates Cisco's character officially as Vibe since his powers enable him to interact with the vibrational frequencies of the multiverse.

I betcha we're going to see alot of 'what if' scenarios play out, and I certainly expect the first few episodes to hint at if not directly utilize characters from that Legends spinoff show. I can almost guarantee we'll see Rip show up to rectify all the mucking about with the timelines. Hawkgirl is more than likely going to show up on the scene since we just saw her....and strangely enough a quick shot of Captain Cold....two of the "Legends".

Rip Hunter will probably also be involved in getting Wells or the RF, and even Eddie back to restore any damage to the timeline.

My thoughts: I still love this show, but it appears much of the finale's plot holes and points of contention are most probably related to them promoting their new upcoming Legends show.

I can see Flash entering an alternate timeline with Caitlin and Cisco being Vibe and Killer Frost and never having worked at Star labs. Wells is Wells and Eddie Thawne is RF in that reality. And the only other person who knows what happened in the other reality is Cisco so it is him and Flash working to fix things when Rip Hunter shows up.

I can see Flash entering an alternate timeline with Caitlin and Cisco being Vibe and Killer Frost and never having worked at Star labs. Wells is Wells and Eddie Thawne is RF in that reality. And the only other person who knows what happened in the other reality is Cisco so it is him and Flash working to fix things when Rip Hunter shows up.

I think you and I think the same thing. It makes perfect sense that Vibe is going to play a pivotal role with the multiverse/alternative timeline themes since he can remember everything. The only thing I'm not sure is going to happen is any retooling of eddie to become RF.....but I'd never say never.

Anyone catch when RF said "Rip Hunter would be proud of your time machine!"

It did kind of look like the Rip Hunter time machine. Maybe a Rip Hunter episode in the future?

I thinking Barry is going to end up on Earth-A or B or one of those other dimension Earths. That's why they show the golden-age Flash hat.

Some how all this is going to tie into that 2016 DC's Legends Of Tomorrow show that's coming.

Rip Hunter is in the DC Legends tv show coming up...but I guess you know that since you mentioned the show...I'm sure there will be a lot of spillover to Arrow & Flash

Edited by krighton

No hamburgers in the future? Count me out.

I know. What the heck happened to all the cows?

Maybe that's the real reason Reverse-Flash came beck in time; he just wanted a real hamburger.

Maybe that's also the reason he hates the Flash so much; future Flash does something that gets rid of all the cows. Plot twist solved. Everything that happened was all over a hamburger.