• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Thread "The Flash" TV Show SPOILER-FILLED
4 4

2,573 posts in this topic

ARROW's Katie Cassidy Set To Guest Star As 'Black Siren' On An Upcoming Episode Of THE FLASH

According to EW, Arrow actress Katie Cassidy will guest star in the second-to-last season 2 episode of The Flash as an alternate version of Laurel Lance/Black Canary. The news was confirmed today by Arrow EP Marc Guggenheim during a press screening.

Apparently this Earth-2 incarnation of Lance will be named Black Siren, who is actually a character from the Justice League animated series that was based on the golden age version of Black Canary. Cassidy will also voice Earth-1 Laurel on a season 2 episode of the Vixen animated series.

:whee:

tonights a repeat? any idea when the next new one is on?

The next episode of The Flash is called "Versus Zoom" and it airs on April 19th.

Here's the official synopsis:

Equipped with the tachyon device, Barry (Grant Gustin) believes he is fast enough to stop Zoom (guest star Teddy Sears) and wants to open the breaches to catch him. Harry (Tom Cavanagh) strongly advises against that plan but after Barry convinces him, Harry reveals that Cisco (Carlos Valdes) has the power to re-open the breach. Meanwhile, Hunter Zoloman’s (Teddy Sears) painful story on Earth-2 is revealed. Stefan Pleszcynski directed the episode written by Joe Peracchio & David Kob.

The Visual Effects of The Flash: Part 5.

It's funny that they made a reference to The Frighteners in that ep, because that's the first thing I thought of when I saw that villain lol

Frighteners "soul collector"

frightenersreaper.jpg

Jay Mewes Plays A Metahuman On Kevin Smith's The Flash Episode

"So we have a scene with him where he interacts with the villain of the show, of that episode, and it was fun, but then we had another opportunity, because the episode ends with a tag that sets up the next episode, which is one of my favorite things about that show The Flash."

That ending tag would allow Mewes to not just be in the show, but also play a metahuman villain, something that was already on his bucket list.

"when I looked at my -script, which was written by Zack Stence, he wrote Thor and he wrote X-Men First Class. So the tag at the end of this episode has a bunch of people in it, a bunch of people, big wide shot, it ends with a big wide shot. So it allowed for me to put Jason into the crowd as a metahuman, in a mask. So I told him, I was like look, I know we shot your other scene, I said but we've got this scene here man, where I could put you into the scene in the background, and we'll see you but we won't see your face, you'll be wearing a mask and you've got this armor and you'll hold a weapon. And I said do you want to do that? And he was like more than I wanted to do the other thing! And I was like really? Because you had dialogue with the other thing, and he was like who f****** cares man. He was like my whole life I always wanted to be a superhero or a supervillain in the DC Universe, and I'm like narrow it down motherf*****, those are like two different sides, and he's like this is amazing."

Uh-ohhhh.

fla218b-0049b2-178205.jpg

fla218b-0101b2-178204.jpg

BARRY IS READY TO FACE ZOOM; HUNTER ZOLOMAN’S STORY IS REVEALED – Equipped with the tachyon device, Barry (Grant Gustin) believes he is fast enough to stop Zoom (guest star Teddy Sears) and wants to open the breaches to catch him. Harry (Tom Cavanagh) strongly advises against that plan but after Barry convinces him, Harry reveals that Cisco (Carlos Valdes) has the power to re-open the breach. Meanwhile, Hunter Zoloman’s (Teddy Sears) painful story on Earth-2 is revealed.

:ohnoez:

fla218b-0090b-176671.jpg

I never thought of Jay being the one until he started disappearing often. But even then...

:(

well, I guess it's actually Hunter Zoloman and not Jay...i'm guessing the real Jay is in the cage. Will be interested to see which Jay was killed when he put his hand through him.

Edited by krighton

The Flash's Teddy Sears Says The Man In the Iron Mask Reveal Is Satisfying

While he declined to give any hints as to who might be slumped in a cell in Zoom's dungeon, The Flash baddie Teddy Sears told EW this week that the identity of the "man in the iron mask" will be revealed during the Season Two finale.

"We reveal it in the finale — I had no clue last week," said Sears, who recently told ComicBook.com that he's known the whole time he was going to be Zoom...but tried to hope against hope that it wouldn't happen since he liked playing Jay Garrick so much. "I didn’t know who the guy was. I didn’t even have a clue. Well, of course, now I know because we’re shooting the finale and we’ll get to that stuff next week. All has been revealed to me. I don’t even know what to say because it’s such a fun thing to me being nice and vague and untouched. I can promise that it will be revealed and it will be quite satisfying."

:whee:

Rupture Comes to The Flash Bent on Revenge

The CW has released the official synopsis for "Rupture," the May 3 episode of The Flash. The episode features the first appearance of Rupture, the brother of Reverb, who makes his way from Earth-2 bent on revenge.

Zoom (guest star Teddy Sears) arrives back on Earth-1 intent on taking over Central City. Barry (Grant Gustin) and Wells (Tom Cavanagh) come up with a plan to stop Zoom once and for all but it’s extremely dangerous. Unsure if he should take the risk, Barry reaches out to both fathers for advice. Henry (guest star John Wesley Shipp) is adamantly opposed to Barry risking his life again but Joe (Jesse L. Martin) thinks he can handle it which puts the two men at odds with each other. Meanwhile, Cisco (Carlos Valdes) is shocked when he vibes the Earth-2 villain Rupture, who happens to be his brother Dante’s (guest star Nicholas Gonzalez) doppelganger. Rupture came to this Earth seeking justice for Reverb’s death. Iris (Candice Patton) decides she’s finally ready to open up to Barry about her feelings for him.

Rupture Comes to The Flash Bent on Revenge

The CW has released the official synopsis for "Rupture," the May 3 episode of The Flash. The episode features the first appearance of Rupture, the brother of Reverb, who makes his way from Earth-2 bent on revenge.

Zoom (guest star Teddy Sears) arrives back on Earth-1 intent on taking over Central City. Barry (Grant Gustin) and Wells (Tom Cavanagh) come up with a plan to stop Zoom once and for all but it’s extremely dangerous. Unsure if he should take the risk, Barry reaches out to both fathers for advice. Henry (guest star John Wesley Shipp) is adamantly opposed to Barry risking his life again but Joe (Jesse L. Martin) thinks he can handle it which puts the two men at odds with each other. Meanwhile, Cisco (Carlos Valdes) is shocked when he vibes the Earth-2 villain Rupture, who happens to be his brother Dante’s (guest star Nicholas Gonzalez) doppelganger. Rupture came to this Earth seeking justice for Reverb’s death. Iris (Candice Patton) decides she’s finally ready to open up to Barry about her feelings for him.

This sounds like an awesome episode! :applause:

Teddy Sears On What Makes The Flash Great, The Zoom Twist, and This Week's Big Episode

ComicBook.com had the opportunity to talk to Sears about the rest of the season.

Now, this is kind of a shallow question that I had never thought to ask it before. Were you in the Zoom suit, because obviously, we've had Tony Todd doing the voice, but have you been in the suit the whole time?

No, no! That's a very good question. No, for the most part, actually no, it's been Ryan Handley. He is a stunt guy, but he would do all the lines, he basically did all the heavy lifting, that's sort of the best way I could put it. He did all the heavy lifting. Tony did all the vocalization. Every time the mask has come off, that's when I stepped on stage.

From this episode forward we see a lot more of that. We're going to see a lot more with his cowl down, but up to now, yeah, that's been a different guy. Same virtual height, same virtual weight, but a different guy.

The thing that made me curious, is this is the kind of show that there's been fans speculation on Reddit. You got all these people trying to do diagrams to show, "Oh no, this is definitely John Wesley Shipp because look at his chin."

Right, right. Right, I've seen that and I saw there was actually...I believe it was a press picture that shouldn't have been released. It was Ryan in the suit, but basically it was Zoom with his eyes not blacked out yet, and Zoom's always seen with eyes blacked out when he's in the cowl.

Well, based on the eye color, of course, you had everyone speculating, "Look at the eye color! It's got to be..." Then they went and started going through actors and matching eye colors. Which is too funny.

That's what makes the show really fun is there are these mysteries to unravel, there are these threads to pull, and it's really great. We have a very excited, very engaged fan base who are really into doing that in their downtime. That's just awesome to have a group that engaged. That makes going to work fun.

So looking at the original Zoom photo for hints was a bust. It wasn't even Teddy Sears in the suit.

lol

Mewes probably shows up late and that is why.

(:

Tonight's Episode of The Flash is Thirty Seconds Longer Than Usual

You'd think that not a lot can happen in thirty seconds, but that's how much extra time was tacked onto the end of tonight's episode of The Flash at the last minute late last week.

Historically, when this has happened, it's been something like an extended coda at the end of the episode or a longer-than-usual teaser for next week's episode. If it's one of those, our money would be on the latter, since this week marks the series' return from its final hiatus of the year.