• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Thread "The Flash" TV Show SPOILER-FILLED
4 4

2,573 posts in this topic

Good episode tonight....eventually Barry will make a correct decision.

Do not understand how . . .

Zoom is restrained and seemingly helpless and poof his eyes turn black and he's free. WTF?

I liked the story until that

So now we go through another episode with a powerless Barry Allen?

Maybe Wally will get speed powers and save the day . . .

Well this episode had a lot of meat, finally something to chew on. Agree with the ending. One of two moments in the episode my wife and I were yelling at the screen.

I think the next episode is in May and will be the Kevin Smith directed ep.

I kept thinking there was some trap set by Barry, but in the end it was just really bad writing.

Also maybe I missed something but how did Zoom go back to earth 2 and why is Zoom still alive if he killed his younger self.

Edited by Rip

Also maybe I missed something but how did Zoom go back to earth 2 and why is Zoom still alive if he killed his younger self.

Until someone closes the breach that Cisco opened, anyone who knows where it is should be able to come and go between Earths 1 and 2 at will.

His other self was referred to as a "time remnant". As I understand it, I think that means he's the version of Zoom from an alternate timeline? Meaning, Zoom went back in time, creating a separate timeline, and then used the version of himself from that timeline as his double. The temporal mechanics and paradoxes involved in some of this writing is "creative" at best... :P

I kept thinking there was some trap set by Barry, but in the end it was just really bad writing.

if there was we won't find out for a while...I don't see Wells being that stupid not to have a trick up his sleeve.

if there was we won't find out for a while...I don't see Wells being that stupid not to have a trick up his sleeve.

+1

I think Wells definitely has something up his sleeve.

The Flash Boss Greg Berlanti: We Would Never Make Jay Garrick Evil

Last night's episode of The Flash gave fans some insight into the backstory of Zoom, and seemingly implied that Jay Garrick wasn't a real person, but a creation of Zoom, who was never a real hero at all.

Needless to say, a great many classic Flash comics fans weren't happy -- including veteran comics scribe Mark Waid, who tore into the show on social media.

The outcry didn't go unnoticed, and today we have a new wrinkle in the mystery as showrunner Greg Berlanti promised fans "we love Jay Garrick and would never make him a baddie."

pMkc8AI.png

Seems a lot of people are heavily invested, emotionally, in the series and the Flash mythos...that can only be a good thing. Waid needs to relax and unbunch his panties.

Edited by krighton

The Flash Boss Greg Berlanti: We Would Never Make Jay Garrick Evil

Last night's episode of The Flash gave fans some insight into the backstory of Zoom, and seemingly implied that Jay Garrick wasn't a real person, but a creation of Zoom, who was never a real hero at all.

Needless to say, a great many classic Flash comics fans weren't happy -- including veteran comics scribe Mark Waid, who tore into the show on social media.

The outcry didn't go unnoticed, and today we have a new wrinkle in the mystery as showrunner Greg Berlanti promised fans "we love Jay Garrick and would never make him a baddie."

pMkc8AI.png

Doesn't this make it seem obvious that the real Jay Garrick is the man in the iron mask, and when the dust settles and Zoom is defeated, he'll take up the mantle of the fake hero that Zoom had been portraying and become the Earth-2 Flash?

BTW I do hope "giving" his speed to Zoom was part of some elaborate trap. Otherwise it was way too many smart people suddenly acting stupidly.

Seems a lot of people are heavily invested, emotionally, in the series and the Flash mythos...that can only be a good thing. Waid needs to relax and unbunch his panties.

lol

lol

He was the one that posted his reaction to Man of Steel that could have gotten himself tackled or shot in a movie theater.

“Some crazy guy in front of us was muttering ‘Don’t do it…don’t do it…DON’T DO IT…’ and then Superman snapped Zod’s neck and that guy stood up and said in a very loud voice, ‘THAT’S IT, YOU LOST ME, I’M OUT,’ and his girlfriend had to literally pull him back into his seat and keep him from walking out and that crazy guy was me. That crazy guy was me, and I barely even remember doing that, I had to be told afterward that I’d done that, that’s how caught up in betrayal I felt. And after the neck-snapping, even though I stuck it out, I didn’t give a damn about the rest of the movie.”

- Mark Waid, Jun 14, 2013

You can't say he doesn't love his comic heroes.