• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Thread "The Flash" TV Show SPOILER-FILLED
4 4

2,573 posts in this topic

Doesn't this make it seem obvious that the real Jay Garrick is the man in the iron mask, and when the dust settles and Zoom is defeated, he'll take up the mantle of the fake hero that Zoom had been portraying and become the Earth-2 Flash?

BTW I do hope "giving" his speed to Zoom was part of some elaborate trap. Otherwise it was way too many smart people suddenly acting stupidly.

That would be a shame if it is like they turned into the most timid of characters, defeated by Zoom just because he had Wally. Which he then gave up right before 'forcing' them all to turn over Barry's speed force.

:popcorn:

So Zoom steals Barry's speed force......isn't he still dying at a cellular level? How is that a permafix? Seems like he's just junking out....getting a temporary fix.

Having said that....they knew Zoom was sick.....why not leave the breaches closed for awhile....let Zoom stew and get weaker?

You think Barry would have mustered up some common sense by now but I guess that would be less dramatic.

Seems a lot of people are heavily invested, emotionally, in the series and the Flash mythos...that can only be a good thing. Waid needs to relax and unbunch his panties.

lol

He was the one that posted his reaction to Man of Steel that could have gotten himself tackled or shot in a movie theater.

“Some crazy guy in front of us was muttering ‘Don’t do it…don’t do it…DON’T DO IT…’ and then Superman snapped Zod’s neck and that guy stood up and said in a very loud voice, ‘THAT’S IT, YOU LOST ME, I’M OUT,’ and his girlfriend had to literally pull him back into his seat and keep him from walking out and that crazy guy was me. That crazy guy was me, and I barely even remember doing that, I had to be told afterward that I’d done that, that’s how caught up in betrayal I felt. And after the neck-snapping, even though I stuck it out, I didn’t give a damn about the rest of the movie.”

- Mark Waid, Jun 14, 2013

You can't say he doesn't love his comic heroes.

My buddy did something similar during Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. During the vine swinging scene he jumped up and yelled "THERE GOES MY F*****G CHILDHOOD!!!" and marched out of the theater! lol

Just watched this week's episode. Hmmm...so Zoom gave a big speech about planning the use of and killing of the other Jay, saying he convinced him to let himself be killed...was that a lie?

I ask because when Zoom killed Jay, the show later (end episode 15) showed Zoom's reaction, which included him taking off his mask and saying, woebegone, "This… is a complication." Seemingly the intent of the scene was to indicate it was a mistake that he killed Jay, though it was a big who-is-Zoom reveal at the same time obviously.

Plot hole...or???

In the latest "Fat Man on Batman" podcast, filmmaker Kevin Smith (Clerks, Mallrats) talks about his upcoming episode of The Flash.

"It is wonderful, dude," Smith told his co-host, Marc Bernardin. "First cut was 55-minutes, of my episode of The Flash that I directed. We got it down to the running time, it's 42-minutes. It may be my favorite thing I've ever directed. Now that doesn't mean like I suddenly don't like the movies that I directed. I wrote and directed those things. But this, just as a directing exercise — removing scripts and sh*t like that and about how I personally feel about material, whether or not it generated from me — I think this is hands down my best directing job I've ever done. Just directing. I feel good, and I've gotten some nice praise from upstairs. Sounds like I will be able to go back, unless they catch me with a dead girl or a live boy. I think I will be able to go back."

Man in the iron mask is likely the real Jay Garrick, I think it's just a matter of what actor is playing him.

I agree. I've thought that since the first time we saw him. He was tapping "J-A-Y" on the glass....

Yeah. Tapping Jay on the glass, nodding his head when Barry asked him if he was tapping Jay Garrick, and I think the creators of the show mentioned after Jay/Hunter was exposed that they weren't gonna mess with Jay Garrick/comic history by making the GA Flash a psycho.

My first thought (hope!) is that it would be JWS- we never saw his earth-2 counterpart yet- but I remember when he was offered a part on the show he didn't want to do it if he was gonna play the obvious role- Jay Garrick. Will likely be an actor we haven't seen yet.

I've been so set on Teddy Sears being Jay Garrick, I disregarded Jay being someone completely different.

hm