• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Thread "The Flash" TV Show SPOILER-FILLED
4 4

2,573 posts in this topic

yeah jws saying his moms maiden name is garrick gives me hope! also wondering why zoom called iris' dad "old friend"

The line about the maiden name made me yell "Oh mess!" so loud that my wife ran into the room thinking I had broken something lol . I missed the "old friend" line. I'll have to watch it again.

Barry didnt seem to think that his great grand fathers last name being Garrick meant much....no what the ???? moment

lol

That was odd. I finally caught up with the show last night, and wondered why that last name never dawned on Barry before now.

:ohnoez:

With regard to Barry not knowing his grandmother's maiden name... I do think we have to take into account that his mother was killed when he was 8 and his dad was in jail for it. It may not have come up in casual conversation on the jail phone with his dad.

Edited by rob_allan

Barry didnt seem to think that his great grand fathers last name being Garrick meant much....no what the ???? moment

lol

That was odd. I finally caught up with the show last night, and wondered why that last name never dawned on Barry before now.

:ohnoez:

My grandmother on my father's side died when I was 19. I'm 36 now and I still don't know her maiden name. I could ask my father I guess, but it's never come up in conversation. I see how it can happen.

My grandmother on my father's side died when I was 19. I'm 36 now and I still don't know her maiden name. I could ask my father I guess, but it's never come up in conversation. I see how it can happen.

Garrick?

(:

Garrick?

(:

lol

Kevin Smith Says His Episode of The Flash Is a "Spiritual Sequel" To Last Year's Finale

As a fan, was there any part of you that was like "Oh, sh-t" when the starting point of the episode was this huge spoiler that last week ended on?

[Laughs] There was a moment where I was like, "I'm gonna direct The Flash," but then I got my -script and then it was like, I got my -script and "He's dead, what do I do here?"

But rest assured, if you're doing a TV show called The Flash, sooner or later he's going to be in that suit, and it's no different in our episode here. So coming into it, I wasn't as current. I read my -script without having seen the episode or read the -script for the episode before mine, but it's pretty clear from the jump what's going on. But the good news is, by page four in my -script, we're with Barry, and the whole episode is kind of about his journey back to The Flash.

So it culminates with the costume, which is really kind of sweet. There's a moment in the show where he strikes a pose wearing that suit, and your knees go weak, man. I definitely got to play with the character; if you're going to do a show called The Flash, it's nice to get to do scenes where he's actually wearing The Flash costume, but the episode is so strong that even if we never got to see him in the costume, it still would have played. It might have been controversial inasmuch as people would have been like "Where the hell is The Flash?" but the character stuff is so rich, and it really is Grant's episode from top to bottom.

:whee:

With regard to Barry not knowing his grandmother's maiden name... I do think we have to take into account that his mother was killed when he was 8 and his dad was in jail for it. It may not have come up in casual conversation on the jail phone with his dad.

whether he previously knew the last name or not...hearing that it was Garrick should have still left him a bit flummoxed.....at least he could have said 'Whoa, weird"