• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Thread "The Flash" TV Show SPOILER-FILLED
4 4

2,573 posts in this topic

I have to say, as sad as the ending was, it was somewhat ruined for my by the entire episode of foreshadowing. "Barry, you aren't invulnerable you know"... "Barry, you can't be overconfident, bad things can still happen"... "Barry, don't you know if you keep acting this happy someone you love is 100 percent going to be killed right after the last commercial"...

Ok, maybe that last one was the only one that wasn't explicitly said. But it might as well have been.

I guess if they wanted to make it hubris on Barry's part, they could have done it with a much MUCH more deft hand.

Kind of a rare miss of an episode for me. I felt like this all led to the big moment not landing emotionally as it otherwise might have.

Here's hoping they really crush the season finale.

Edited by fmaz

Well, if anything can change things up here at the old CW...

Supergirl, Arrow, The Flash, and Legends Crossover Planned

There are plans for DC's Legends of Tomorrow and Supergirl to cross over with The Flash and Arrow next season, CW chief Mark Pedowitz told reporters during a conference call this morning ahead of The CW's upfront presentation in New York.

Saying that he has faith The CW's annual superhero crossover event will be “the biggest one ever,” Pedowitz declined to provide any specific details.

Fans have been wondering whether Supergirl's move to The CW might mean the show would interact not only with The Flash (who came to her CBS series last season) and even Arrow star Stephen Amell got into the game last week, speculating that one would materialize.

Since The Flash and Arrow were used as a launch pad for DC's Legends of Tomorrow this year, there has been no official crossover between the three shows, although minor elements of Arrow and The Flash have leaked into one another, and into Legends.

It seems likely, based on past history, that the planned crossover will take place in December, prior to the shows' mid-season finales.

:whee:

One weakness all of these shows have with being interconnected is that it leads to some fairly stupid and minor plot holes. Like Zoom brings every meta-villain on Earth 2 to Central City and Barry is forced to take them down by himself (and the sonic Fat Man)? We know he has access to Green Arrow, Supergirl, Speedy, Hawkman, Hawkgirl and Supergirl. Why didn't/couldn't Barry call them for help? I would take an ersatz Justice League episode over the Earth-2 Legion of Doom being taken down by something that can be countered with Bose headphones.

Kevin Smith needs to head over to Arrow and save that show.

Does anyone else think the choreographed fight scenes on Arrow are: 1) Really fake looking. 2) Really repetitive.?

Yes and yes. They are the worse parts of the show.

While I have enjoyed the show, it's exasperating that Barry is such an insufficiently_thoughtful_person.

He's supposed to be CSI, and should be pretty smart and somewhat

experienced with criminals. The whole "let's give Zoom who is a superpowered

serial killer all my powers" is lunatic. I hope they upgrade the writers. On the

other hand, some of the lighthearted soapish elements do seem to fit.

Didn't realize captain cold bought it.

He and heatwave are going to the revived Prison Break on Fox. If that gets cancelled I'm sure they bring him back.

looks like Heatwave is riding along with Legends next season...at least that's how the finale looked.