• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Thread "The Flash" TV Show SPOILER-FILLED
4 4

2,573 posts in this topic

the-flashpoint-paradox-177145.jpg

During an appearance at MegaCon this weekend, The Flash's Carlos Valdes was asked about the notion of exploring the world of Flashpoint in the upcoming season.

"I think there's every chance of a Flashpoint paradox," Valdes said. "Some people expressed reservation about that -- why are we going there? -- but then some people were all about it. I think I can say this without a doubt - wherever we go from here - it's going to be unique and it's going to be different and it's going to honor the original chronology and the original lore while at the same time, writing a new spin on it. I think it's that spirit that's allowed our shows to do as well as they do, so I ask the fandom to have faith."

Thomas Wayne Batman?

:ohnoez:

What is with WB anyways? Why would they not want Batman or Superman to appear in this show?

Maybe they don't want to undermine the movies any more than they already have? I mean Superman has sort of appeared on Supergirl, so Flash has been in the same universe with him already.

What is with WB anyways? Why would they not want Batman or Superman to appear in this show?

They really should be paying more attention to S.H.I.E.L.D. and all those Iron Man, Thor and Captain America appearances. It's become the norm now to distract from lesser-known characters.

(:

was thinking....in the Supergirl crossover, Barry had to have stolen those ice cream cones...he wouldn't have had time to pay for them and get back so quick. Plus, where does he keep his wallet in the Flash suit. I don't see a zipper pocket for change. Seems to be starting up an inter dimensional crime spree.

Edited by krighton

was thinking....in the Supergirl crossover, Barry had to have stolen those ice cream cones...he wouldn't have had time to pay for them and get back so quick. Plus, where does he keep his wallet in the Flash suit. I don't see a zipper pocket for change. A new Zoom in the making.

:o

Orrrrr...he rapidly shot through the line - left money on the counter mysteriously - and arrived back with the ice creams.

You posted faster than I would have thought on sunday morning...I edited it....where's he keep his money. :ohnoez:

The Speed Force comes with its own cross-Multiverse credit card program, which factors in differing currencies and values.

Kind of like why when Barry saves someone while going super-fast it doesn't kill the person he saves.

Speed Force wiki

• The Flash's body is surrounded by what he calls his "speed force aura". This aura protects him and anyone who is running with him or carried by him, from the effects of using his speed.
  • This includes friction and airborne particulate matter. It also protects him from injury from high speed impacts such as punches he delivers and receives from his opponents.
  • With this aura, he is able to absorb kinetic energy. He possesses a level of superhuman resistance to injury which at times does extend far past normal physical interactions, as received from normal combat.

was thinking....in the Supergirl crossover, Barry had to have stolen those ice cream cones...he wouldn't have had time to pay for them and get back so quick. Plus, where does he keep his wallet in the Flash suit. I don't see a zipper pocket for change. A new Zoom in the making.

Orrrrr...he rapidly shot through the line - left money on the counter mysteriously - and arrived back with the ice creams.

Kind of how he pays for his Coffee at Jitters

Ok, so I just finished watching the last three episodes of the Flash light night.

1 - I loved JWS as the GA Flash, that was awesome in so many ways.

2 - Ok, so does this mean that at the start of season 3 or soon there after Barry Allen will be without powers? I mean he saved his mom in the past so he had no reason to become a police scientist to help his dad get out of jail (and along with influence of his adoptive dad being a cop), which means he wouldn't be around all the chemicals and get hit by lighting when the accelerator went off.

3 - I hate time travel.

What timing!

THE FLASH Season 3 Adding Major Recurring Character

We know that Tom Cavanagh will be returning for season 3, though it’s unclear if he’ll be the Earth-2 version of Harrison Wells from the second season or the Reverse Flash in disguise version of Wells from the first season. Additionally at a MegaCon panel, Carlos Valdez teased that fans can expect a “way different… in a really exciting way” season 3. However, there will also be a new face when The Flash returns.

TV Line notes that casting has begun for a new, major character. The recurring role is expected to be an inquisitive contemporary to Barry who is “as smart as he is intuitive.” The problem with curiosity, however, is that this character doesn’t take anything at face value.

It’s also implied that he’s hiding a secret of his own while he takes it upon himself to discover what makes Barry tick. Scientists like Edwin Gauss (The Folded Man) and Curt Engstrom (The Alchemist), or even criminologist Alexander Petrov (Mister Element) could all be contenders for the upcoming season given this character description.

hm

Grant Gustin Reveals The Flash Season 3 Premiere Title

The third season premiere of The Flash will be titled “Flashpoint,” according to series star Grant Gustin. Gustin revealed the title today via Twitter. Gustin first revealed that he had read the episode’s -script but was coy about the title, only revealing it after receiving permission from producer Greg Berlanti.

Z5qFtom.png

“Flashpoint” will kick off the third season of The Flash on Tuesday, Oct. 4.

:whee:

Jeffrey Dean Morgan Would Love To Play Flashpoint Batman

Comic book fans know that in the Flashpoint storyline, Thomas Wayne steps into the role of Batman as Bruce has died. Over the weekend, one young fan asked Morgan if that role is one he would be interested in if the DC Extended Universe should head in the direction of Flashpoint. "Man, I would love to play that Batman... It would be very cool," Jeffrey Dean Morgan said before adding, "Flashpoint would be very cool."

In fact, the actor has been text messaging Zack Snyder bugging him to get a larger role and possibly the Thomas Wayne Batman part in the Justice League movie universe. "Man, I would love it. I would definitely love it," the actor adds.

When he was initially approached about the role, he was only told it would be a Batman story. Morgan recounts Snyder asking if he would be interested and he quickly told him, "Man, are you f'n insane?" He was immediately on board.

OH MY!!!!!!

HARRY POTTER Star Tom Felton Joins THE FLASH Season 3 As A Series Regular

TV Line is reporting that Tom Felton has joined the cast of The Flash season three as Julian Dorn, a fellow CSI at the Central City Police Department who suspects that there's more to Barry Allen than meets the eye. Whether he turns out to be friend or foe in the newly created Flashpoint timeline is yet-to-be seen, but a recent casting breakdown described him as "Barry’s slightly older, slightly geekier contemporary, a guy who is as smart as he is intuitive. As such, this newcomer doesn’t buy Barry’s nice guy routine and sets out to learn what he’s hiding — all while concealing some secrets of his own." Felton will make his series debut in one of the season's early episodes.

Felton is of course best known for his role as Draco Malfoy in the blockbuster Harry Potter film franchise. His other major credits include Rise of the Planet of the Apes, Get Him To The Greek, In Secret, and Risen. He can be seen next in Stratton: First Into Action, Megan Leavey, and A United Kingdom.

Jeffrey Dean Morgan Would Love To Play Flashpoint Batman

Comic book fans know that in the Flashpoint storyline, Thomas Wayne steps into the role of Batman as Bruce has died. Over the weekend, one young fan asked Morgan if that role is one he would be interested in if the DC Extended Universe should head in the direction of Flashpoint. "Man, I would love to play that Batman... It would be very cool," Jeffrey Dean Morgan said before adding, "Flashpoint would be very cool."

In fact, the actor has been text messaging Zack Snyder bugging him to get a larger role and possibly the Thomas Wayne Batman part in the Justice League movie universe. "Man, I would love it. I would definitely love it," the actor adds.

When he was initially approached about the role, he was only told it would be a Batman story. Morgan recounts Snyder asking if he would be interested and he quickly told him, "Man, are you f'n insane?" He was immediately on board.

OH MY!!!!!!

That would be awesome, but they will never have Batman on the show.... Never.

That would be awesome, but they will never have Batman on the show.... Never.

I agree. But then I remember folks saying in the Supergirl thread 'They will never show Superman in the Supergirl TV show. Never!'

:ohnoez:

How Could Flashpoint Impact Arrow, Supergirl, And Legends of Tomorrow?

flashpoint-1024-188709.jpg

Earlier today, Arrow star Stephen Amell suggested that The Flash altering time in the season two finale might have significant repercussions for Arrow going forward. Given the history of the Flashpoint storyline in the comics, we kind of wondered what that might mean for the rest of the CW/DC Universe.

ARROW

It's been theorized by a number of fans that the comparisons between Arrow's Oliver Queen and Batman might mean that rather than exploring the weapons-manufacturer Oliver, they might have Oliver be gone entirely in the Flashpoint timeline and replace Stephen Amell with Jamey Sheridan, who played Robert Queen in the Arrow pilot.

SUPERGIRL

Everybody's favorite theory is that the Flashpoint event could be used to bring Kara's world into sync with that of the other shows. The first is that National City and Supergirl are brought to Earth-1, but their Earth remains otherwise intact. This leaves their world defended by Superman and provides cover for any actors who need to leave the show or reduce their role following the move from CBS to The CW and, as a result, Los Angeles to Vancouver. The second is that, as in the comics, the histories of the two worlds could be blended and Superman and Supergirl could just always have BEEN THERE, with the memories of the heroes being modified accordingly.

LEGENDS OF TOMORROW

What happens to a Time Master when time changes all around him? That would be the question posed by Rip Hunter and the crew of the Waverider in the event that they were impacted by the Flashpoint.

THE 'BERLANTIVERSE'

So, what will Flashpoint -- or whatever version of it The Flash elects to do -- impact the larger DC TV Universe? Don't be too surprised if elements of Earth-2 or Earth-3 end up playing big roles in The Flash. Maybe Jay Garrick could even fold into Legends of Tomorrow's Justice Society storyline, which seems likely to take place in the past, not on another Earth. And, yes, it's possible (though not likely) that Supergirl could be realigned onto Earth-1 as part of this.

:whee::ohnoez::whee: