• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Thread "The Flash" TV Show SPOILER-FILLED
4 4

2,573 posts in this topic

I finally finished my season two binge, now I can read this thread! :whee:

I saw all of season one "live", but I lost interest at the start of season two on tv. I enjoyed it way more on my second attempt, watching them all at once, with no commercials. But I'm hooked and can't wait for season three next month.

Kevin Smith's The Flash Season 3 Episode Title Revealed As Killer Frost

Aka60UJ.png

In July, we learned that Kevin Smith would be directing the seventh episode of The Flash Season 3. Now the episode’s title has been revealed, and it’s teasing a villain’s return.

The Flash Season 3 Episode 7 is titled “Killer Frost.” The episode title was revealed when Kevin Smith tweeted out a photograph of his -script’s title page. Then a fan blew up the image and determined from the inside page what the title was.

The Flash Season 3 premieres Tuesday, Oct. 4 at 8 p.m. ET on The CW.

Fargo's Joey King Comes to The Flash as Magenta

magenta-1-copy-195533.jpg

Joey King, best known for her roles in Fargo and Independence Day: Resurgence, will guest star on The Flash in October as Magenta.

A teen with a troubled past, Frances "Frankie” Kane is a meta-human with the ability to control metal... but her powers come with a dangerous side-effect, causing her villainous alter ego known as Magenta to emerge.

King, who also appeared in Wish I Was Here, will appear on the season's third episode.

Wow, that's a super unflattering budder face picture IMO.

meh, I've done worse...

The Flash Season 3 Premiere Review: Sprints Out of the Gate

As an adaptation of the comics, "Flashpoint" -- the season three premiere of The Flash -- is very, very dissimilar. So much so that it's entirely possible that calling it "Flashpoint" was a misstep: Fans who go in looking for seismic changes are going to be disappointed.

People with little knowledge of Flashpoint won't, though, as it's a solid hour of TV full of wonderful character beats.

It's not a perfect episode, but it certainly addresses a concern that plagued some of last season: a monolithic fixation with a single big bad and plodding pacing meant to keep that story moving along. In the season premiere, there are three speedsters, but it's really the story that you're running to keep up with.

Series stars Grant Gustin and Candice Patton are phenomenal this episode. Keiynan Lonsdale feels like he finally "fits" into the cast in a way that he never completely did in season two, and the Flashpoint versions of Cisco and Caitlin provide ample comic relief...but also play an important story role, so that their jokes and asides never feel wasted.

Ultimately, the episode is the story of Barry's slow realization that he needs to "fix" Flashpoint. As Gustin told us during an interview at Comic Con, the ever-indecisive Barry Allen, having finally made the biggest decision of his life, is going to turn it around and try to save the day again.

The Flash comes out of the gate fast, and this first episode looks great. The question is whether they can keep up a sprint or whether it might have been wiser to pace themselves. It's a question that won't be answered until we've seen at least a handful of episodes, though, so for now: look forward to October 4 and the very enjoyable "Flashpoint."

The Flash: Paradox Photos Bring Barry Allen and Jay Garrick Together

fla302a-0267b-202039.jpg

The CW has released their official preview photos from "Paradox," the second episode of The Flash's third season. Among other things, you can get the first look at Barry Allen and Jay Garrick, in costume together.

“All of that stuff is not at our disposal, which is fine with us, because we really wanted to do something personal to Barry,” executive producer Andrew Kreisberg recently said in an interview. “The stakes in the comic book inFlashpoint were global and the stakes in this episode are very much just about Barry, his existence, and the people that he loves.”

I've just finished watching S1 and I have to say this show is fantastic! Flashtastic even (ahem). Better than Arrow! Miller's going to find it hard to beat this, poor chap.

But if...

Eddie Thawne shoots himself to prevent his descendent Eobard "Reverse Flash" Thawne from being born (and we saw him disappear)...

Wouldn't that mean...

He would never have existed to create Flash in the first place!?!

Does this get explained (no spoliers please) or do we start S2 by finding Harrison Wells in the shower...?

Is Flashpoint season long or just an episode or two?

The description of episode two on my DVR seems to indicate Flashpoint is only an episode

From what I have read, it is only going to last a few episodes. Though how they are going to do this and keep it tense (if Barry can just change it back immediately, what's the issue then?), that will be tricky.

The description of episode two on my DVR seems to indicate Flashpoint is only an episode

From what I have read, it is only going to last a few episodes. Though how they are going to do this and keep it tense (if Barry can just change it back immediately, what's the issue then?), that will be tricky.

I'm thinking 4 episodes and then the next 4 would see the effects of the change again with the added of everyone from the Supergirl world into the mix.

I'm thinking 4 episodes and then the next 4 would see the effects of the change again with the added of everyone from the Supergirl world into the mix.

That does make a lot of sense.

Well. That was quick.

lol

Although now his original show history is altered yet again.

The Flash: 13 Things You Might Have Missed in Flashpoint

THE RIVAL

the-rival-150389.JPG

While Eobard Thawne is generally discussed as the first Reverse-Flash, that's because Earth-1's continuity has always taken priority since the Crisis on Infinite Earths. There was, in fact, a Golden Age Reverse-Flash in the pages of Jay Garrick's Flash comics as well. A blue-masked, self-obsessed doppelganger of Garrick, Edward Clariss is generally called The Rival, and for a while, we even thought he might have been the true identity of Zoom.

After his escape from the Speed Force, Clariss was able to possess other bodies, being that he was now a being of pure energy.

ALCHEMY

flashpoint-alchemy-203614.png

That name on the glass means something important is coming.

Doctor Alchemy is a longtime Flash villain, who uses a Philospher's Stone (the classic alchemical kind, not the Harry Potter stone) to transform elements into other elements. There have been multiple villains who have used the name Doctor Alchemy in DC continuity, including a chemist named Albert Desmond who suffers from a multiple personality disorder and a corrupt Keystone Police lab assistant named Alexander Petrov.

:ohnoez: