• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Thread "The Flash" TV Show SPOILER-FILLED
4 4

2,573 posts in this topic

You pretty much summed up how I feel. I'm very disappointed in how they continue to make Flash seem like a bufoon who can't fight. Forget about the total lack of continuity in the scripts.

A lot of fluff and not much actual story telling has been going on all season.  How many times are they going to keep going back to the same old plot twists and brief character reintroductions.  I usually watch the episode but its after watching all the other better shows on my list.

I have not watched the Flash in awhile, and since I can no longer see Supergirl thanks to the move to a station I do not get I decided to tune in for the latest episode of the Flash titled "Duet".

I liked the beginning, wow did Melissa Benoist sing well and she brightened up the tube I have got to say.

Then as the show went on I very quickly realized what I was about to watch, some kind of dream episode with songs and dance numbers.

UGH!

18 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

I have not watched the Flash in awhile, and since I can no longer see Supergirl thanks to the move to a station I do not get I decided to tune in for the latest episode of the Flash titled "Duet".

I liked the beginning, wow did Melissa Benoist sing well and she brightened up the tube I have got to say.

Then as the show went on I very quickly realized what I was about to watch, some kind of dream episode with songs and dance numbers.

UGH!

I'm sorry, lol...I LOVED it, I've watched Jesse Martin on Broadway in Rent, Barry and Kara in Glee, Win on Smash, Victor Garber in Damn Yankees,  John Barrowman in Phantom of the Opera...and I think the Music Maistro was also from Glee, I have to look him up. The real surprise was Cisco, he was great.

I wish it had been longer, I wanted more songs. I've been dying to hear these people sing, they are really talented.

Just now, skypinkblu said:

I'm sorry, lol...I LOVED it, I've watched Jesse Martin on Broadway in Rent, Barry and Kara in Glee, Win on Smash, Victor Garber in Damn Yankees,  John Barrowman in Phantom of the Opera...and I think the Music Maistro was also from Glee, I have to look him up. The real surprise was Cisco, he was great.

I wish it had been longer, I wanted more songs. I've been dying to hear these people sing, they are really talented.

Yes they are, they really did do a great job, but please see it from my perspective: I have not watched the Flash in months and that was the episode I watched:  I got a Glee rather than a Flash.

5 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

Yes they are, they really did do a great job, but please see it from my perspective: I have not watched the Flash in months and that was the episode I watched:  I got a Glee rather than a Flash.

I understand, but I actually think you saw the best episode in months. It was so DIFFERENT;)  Looks like I'm not the only one, and the Music guy was from Glee, I just checked.   http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/03/the-flash-musical-recap-duet-best-musical-tv-episode

Love the show...love the new take on HR...i must be very easy to please but since there was a 20 year gap between Flash tv shows ill just tread carefully lest this one vanishes and im dead before another comes around and just say that yes the story drags at times but it is without a doubt the best Super Hero show on TV.  And i LOVE musicals........at the last song, no matter how much you may hate Iris, if you didn't tear up just a little bit.....there's no hope.

Edited by krighton

I have lost interest in the show and it was becoming one of my favorites. Too much relationship junk and not enough action. Barry is annoying and can't seem to fight his way out a wet paper bag, HR is a dork, Wally is an insufficiently_thoughtful_person doing the whole I just got my powers and want to make a difference cliche and the whole him and Jesse thing is painful to watch with the sappy dialog. The only good character seems to be Cisco. Other than the obvious political agenda Supergirl is a much better show right now action wise, even if it still has all the sappy . 

It was dreadful. Just dreadful. I wanted to see Flash, not whatever that was. They broke up last episode, then get back together again one episode later, to top off the awfulness. I just had to endure Grey's Anatomy's singing episode with my wife, so this was more punishment.

@NTHstars

LOL...sorry about that;) My husband just walked out of the room and did something else while it was on. He thinks that Heatwave in Legends of Tomorrow is funny, so he'll watch that with me and Supergirl, but he wouldn't even watch Gorilla Grodd on the Flash;) 

I started to say, he's been to lots of Broadway musicals with me, but thinking back, I think I've been lots of Broadway musicals with my daughter or friends and he seems to have been absent for more than  a few;) 

It works, lol. I try to let him see horror movies with his friends...unless he really wants me to go (I think that's so he can laugh at me).

It was kind of you to share Grey's Anatomy with her, I've never watched it at all.

Did you wife like the Flash?

SPOILERS: New THE FLASH Set Photos Tease A Major Character Death

Well, this is interesting. As shooting on The Flash continues, Just Jared Jr. has shared some new set photos from The CW series which appear to feature a funeral for a friend. Everyone has certainly dressed for such an occasion anyway and there seems to be only one person missing (despite not being shown in the image below, Jesse L. Martin's Joe West was apparently present during shooting).

Spoiler

That is Danielle Panabaker's Caitlin Snow, someone we know has now transformed into Killer Frost. Could her story end with death? It's certainly possible and one theory is that she sacrifices herself to help trap Savitar back in the Speed Force. After all, Jay Garrick is back with the team after taking Wally's place there and that could lead us to believe that the villain has ended up right back where he started!

Edited by Bosco685

It was an interesting reveal at the end of the last episode.  Whomever Caitlin/Killer Frost saw when Savitar stepped out of his armour must be someone she knew very well.  Her immediate reaction to follow him implicitly was very telling.

2c

It was an interesting reveal at the end of the last episode.  Whomever Caitlin/Killer Frost saw when Savitar stepped out of his armour must be someone she knew very well.  Her immediate reaction to follow him implicitly was very telling.

2c