• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Thread "The Flash" TV Show SPOILER-FILLED
4 4

2,573 posts in this topic

The Thinker Will Be The Flash's Season 4 Big Bad

clifford-devoe-the-thinker-987179-998587

Earlier this season, producers revealed that The Flash's season 4 big bad won't be a speedster, but gave very little in the way of possibilities as to who it might be -- but the season finale may have provided an important clue when Savitar mentioned a "cerebral inhibitor" that was going to play a big role in defeating a foe they hadn't met yet.

When Abra Kadabra was talking to The Flash about his most dangerous foes, he rattled off a number of familiar names, including Zoom and Eobard Thawne...and one less-familiar one (at least to the TV audience): "DeVoe."

Longtime comic book readers would recognize that name: Clifford DeVoe is a longtime Flash and Titans villain better known as The Thinker.

Created in 1943, The Thinker is one of The Flash's earliest villains. Originally a foe to Jay Garrick, DeVoe battled three generations of Flashes before his death in The Flash #134 in 1998. After his death, though, his brain patterns were used to create an AI that went on to become an antihero.

Just finished catching up last night and it really was not that good an ending.  Unless it picks up next season I'll drop it from the list .  Just too many good shows to keep watching this boring show.

1 hour ago, 1Cool said:

Just finished catching up last night and it really was not that good an ending.  Unless it picks up next season I'll drop it from the list .  Just too many good shows to keep watching this boring show.

Fortunately or unfortunately (depending on someone's show opinion), this is so true! I am overwhelmed now with great shows. It gets to the point you just have to pick your small screen battle which show you will stick to.

The Flash Will Have A Time Jump When It Returns This Fall

They also released Jay Garrick from his prison within the Speed Force. But Flash fans know that someone must occupy that spot. Barry ended up sacrificing his own future, taking the Flash of Earth-3’s place. It was a heroic gesture and the opposite of his actions that lead to the creation of the Flashpoint, showing how much the main character of the series has grown over the course of three seasons. Now we know that series lead Grant Gustin isn’t leaving the show and the Flash will be back, but when? And how?

A new report from TV Line indicates that the Flash will use a time jump six months into the future when it returns to The CW this fall for Season 4. We’ll probably get to see all of the different ways Team Flash and Central City has changed in the time since the Scarlet Speedster’s disappearance, with characters like Iris and Wally West likely taking a bigger role.

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

Brace yourself. This may last as long as Flashpoint.

hm

Wait. That was one episode.

:banana:

17 hours ago, pjray55 said:

It is being reported that Elongated Man will be seen throughout Season 4 - I am looking forward to this!

I had read a few articles that called this out as well. Should be interesting.

THE FLASH Season 4 Will Reportedly See The Introduction Of The Elongated Man, The Thinker, And More

CLIFFORD DEVOE AKA THE THINKER – Male, 40s-50, Open Ethnicity. After being struck with dark matter from the particle accelerator explosion, Clifford Devoe became a meta-human with a mega-mind. A Stephen Hawking-esque genius who’s devised an intricate plan to fix all that he deems wrong with humanity. “The Thinker” will embark upon a season long battle with The Flash that pins the “fastest man alive” against the “fastest mind alive.” FRACTIONAL (7/13) ONE SEASON SERIES REGULAR

THE MECHANIC – Female, 30s-40, Diverse. A highly intelligent engineer who designs and assembles a plethora of devices for the ailing Clifford Devoe. Devoe’s right hand, she’s the truest of true-believers who’ll stop at nothing to implement his plan to fix all that’s wrong with humanity-even if she loses who she is in the process. MAJOR RECURRING GUEST STAR

RALPH DIBNY AKA ELONGATED MAN - Male, Mid to late 30s, Open Ethnicity. Think Ryan Reynolds or Chris Pratt, Ralph has the ability to stretch his body to super-human lengths and sizes…however, while re-sculpting his old body is easy to do, Dibny finds losing the old misguided sense of truth and slobbery, even after joining the team at S.T.A.R. Labs, is a far more difficult task to accomplish. MAJOR RECURRING GUEST STAR WITH A SERIES REGULAR OPTION FOR NEXT SEASON

One of the show-runners calls out they went too dark last season, which they want to avoid going forward.

Todd Helbing Says Season 4 Brings The Fun Back To The Flash

Things got pretty dire for the characters on The Flash in the show's recently-concluded third season -- but when they return in the fall, showrunner Todd Helbing promises there will be less dour, dire episodes and a bit more of the fun that helped separate the series from the prevailing aesthetic of superhero shows at the time of its launch.

“Last year, once we showed Iris die in the future, to keep up that doom and gloom, it becomes a burden, and not just on us writing-wise, on the show and it just sort of had this pall over the season that I think we didn’t expect to be so heavy,” Helbing told ComicBook.com. “I’m not trying to say anything bad about season 3. I love season 3, and I love Savitar, and I love the story we told, but I think that’s about as dark as I ever want to go with the show. So yeah, I think that was a conscious effort of ours to really go back to everybody enjoyed being on this team and with each other, and make The Flash have fun again. I’m really excited about the scripts so far; they’re really, really funny.”

“It’s almost like a fresh start for me as an actor this year,” Grant Gustin added in a separate interview at Comic Con. “The first episode is called ‘Reborn,’ and it’s our take on Rebirth. It gives me an opportunity to let go of all the weight that we’ve kind of built up for the first three seasons and have held onto. There’s even some lines that reflect that for Barry — that he’s been able to cope and move on in a way that he never was able to in the past. So it gives me an opportunity to let go and have more of that fun that we had initially in season one.”

:wishluck:

A tougher Barry Allen.

THE FLASH: Expect To See A Very Different Barry Allen When Season 4 Kicks Off

while the episode's title may be "Flash Reborn," it sounds like the Barry who returns is a lot different to the one that left. 

What that's going to entail is hard to say but based on comments from star Grant Gustin in a recent interview with Entertainment Weekly, it appears as if the trauma of being in there will hit Barry hard. 

"The way I see it is, time is non-linear and everything is happening at once in the Speed Force. In someways he’s had an awakening and he’s had a rebirth. Our first episode is called ‘Reborn,’ and it is a rebirth for Barry, but he’s kind of scrambled, too, because he’s experienced so much so quick over the course of six months, even though for him it was an eternity. He’s not Barry when we see him for the first time."

The Flash: Crisis on Infinite Earths Storyline is a ‘Goal’

The-Flash-CW-Future-Newspaper.jpg?auto=f

The Flash actor Grant Gustin recently revealed that getting to Crisis on Infinite Earths is still their goal. The first time that the event was teased was during the series premiere in 2014, in which audiences glimpsed the titular headline, “Flash Missing Vanishes In Crisis,” written by Iris West-Allen for The Central City Citizen. Aside from the obvious references to other DC superheroes throughout the rest of the newspaper’s front page, the headline gave audiences two important pieces of information. One, Iris West eventually marries Barry Allen, and two, the Flash vanishes during the fight against the Anti-Monitor.

“We don’t really talk about on a yearly basis but it was mentioned early on and that’s a goal. Obviously, we’d have to go I think ten years to reach that. So there’s a possibility for sure. It’ll be fun to get there.”

THE FLASH Season 4 Adds SAVING THE HUMAN RACE Actor Hartley Sawyer As The Elongated Man

152967.jpg

On the heels of a recent report that season 4 of The Flash would introduce The Elongated Man, EW has just confirmed that the super-stretchy hero will be played by Hartley Sawyer (Saving the Human Race, SPiN) as a new recurring character. 

It seems this small-screen take on Ralph Dibny will be private investigator, with "skills that rival those of Batman. Upon discovering he has the power to stretch his body to any shape or form, Dibny uses his new abilities to help Team Flash solve one of Central City’s greatest mysteries."

:whee: