• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Thread "The Flash" TV Show SPOILER-FILLED
4 4

2,574 posts in this topic

You'd think they'd let the Flashpoint play out a bit longer......but we get an angry Iris for keeps I guess...lol.

Doubt it.....their love is timeless

I meant her dad freaked out when Barry mentioned her name......some kinda familial issue I gather.

You'd think they'd let the Flashpoint play out a bit longer......but we get an angry Iris for keeps I guess...lol.

Doubt it.....their love is timeless

I meant her dad freaked out when Barry mentioned her name......some kinda familial issue I gather.

It appears there was some historic family fallout that Barry was not aware of. I guess we will find out what those details are very soon. But it was enough that Joe felt like it was a mean-spirited joke on Barry's part bringing this up.

I think the flashpoint is still not finished. I think barry has to stop himself from knocking out reverse flash to make his timeline go back to the original.

The description for Next episode on my PVR says

(10/11) Barry realizes the effects from Flashpoint are much greater than he thought. Meanwhile, Barry meets new co-worker Julian Albert and is surprised by Julian's immediate disdain for Barry.

I think the flashpoint is still not finished. I think barry has to stop himself from knocking out reverse flash to make his timeline go back to the original.

The description for Next episode on my PVR says

(10/11) Barry realizes the effects from Flashpoint are much greater than he thought. Meanwhile, Barry meets new co-worker Julian Albert and is surprised by Julian's immediate disdain for Barry.

:ohnoez:

So I'm guessing Barry tried to go back , and now in a new alternate timeline .

I would say so. For all we know, Reverse-Flash purposely changed brief thing when freed to ensure there was a difference.

The new teaser definitely hints at yet more changes coming.

Hopefully showrunners will not allow Flashpoint to over-complicate the season. It needs to pick up fairly quick to get those numbers back up.

Has The Flash Already Hit Its Heyday? Here's What The Ratings Say

The Scarlet Speedster drew in record numbers for the relatively diminutive network over its first two seasons, and the Season 2 finale ended on such a cliffhanger that it was entirely feasible the Season 3 premiere would bring some of the best ratings to date. Unfortunately, the numbers for the premiere are in, and they're disappointing enough that the question is now whether The Flash has already hit peak viewership.

The Season 3 premiere attracted 3.1 million viewers and drew a 1.2 rating in the valuable 18-49 demographic, which is still quite impressive for a CW series. The CW's top performers after The Flash are Arrow and Legends of Tomorrow, both of which averaged less than 2.5 million viewers and a 1.0 rating per week in the 2015-2016 TV season. The Flash's Season 3 premiere numbers are still obviously fantastic for the network.

That said, the Season 3 premiere did significantly worse than the Season 2 premiere last October. The Flash kicked off its second season with 3.6 million viewers and a 1.4 rating, and its second season finale scored 3.4 million and a 1.4. Last night's episode drew the smallest audience since an episode back in April 2016, according to TVLine. The ratings were great by CW standards, but they just weren't quite as great by The Flash standards. It's possible that the slump is a sign that the show has already had its heyday.

A few variables should be taken into account before The Flash fans start trying to figure out a way to change the timeline and get more folks to watch. The October premiere aired after most of the networks returned their shows to the airwaves in September. Viewers may still be trying to set their TV schedules for the 2016-2017 season, and the Flash premiere may not have attracted all of its past viewers to its live broadcast. Who knows? Maybe people just assumed that none of the networks would be airing new episodes of anything on the night of a vice presidential debate. The Flash could well jump up in ratings for the next episode or two.

Though I am glad they noted some of the contributors here. It was a decent season premiere, though it leaved you yelling, "Come on, Barry! What were you thinking?"

He's back!

:whee:

Captain Cold Returns & Mirror Master Debuts In THE FLASH Season 3 Episode 4: "The New Rogues"

Collage.jpg

The CW has revealed the plot synopsis for episode four, titled "The New Rogues," and it sounds like it's going to be one jam-packed episode with Barry taking on multiple villains. We learn that Barry will have taken Jesse Quick under his wing after the last episode and will be mentoring her in Superhero 101. Elsewhere, Mirror Master, played by Grey Damon (Friday Night Lights), will make his long-awaited debut, along with Top, played by Ashley Rickards (Awkward), and he'll have his sights set on Wentworth Miller's newly resurrected Captain Cold. Check out the synopsis below:

“The New Rogues”— (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (TV-PG, LV) (HDTV)

WENTWORTH MILLER RETURNS AS CAPTAIN COLD; MIRROR MASTER AND THE TOP BATTLE WITH THE FLASH — Barry (Grant Gustin) continues to train Jesse (guest star Violett Beane) and when a new meta human, Mirror Master (guest star Grey Damon), appears on the scene he lets her tag along. Mirror Master has teamed up with his old partner, Top (guest star Ashley Rickards), and is looking for Snart (Wentworth Miller) to even a score. Jesse is quick to join the chase but defies one of Barry’s orders which results in disastrous consequences. Stefan Pleszczynski directed the episode written by Benjamin Raab & Deric A. Hughes (#304). Original airdate 10/25/2016.

Great season premiere. We all know from Flashpoint Paradox that even if Barry "corrects" his actions there are still some things that change permanently, it's impossible to go back 100% to pre-flashpoint timeline.

Also random probably unrelated fact, NFL tv numbers are down from this time last year, maybe people are just watching leas tv in general this year across the board.