• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Thread "The Flash" TV Show SPOILER-FILLED
4 4

2,573 posts in this topic

DC fans are ready for more Arrowverse, and now we have our first look at the anticipated season premiere of The Flash thanks to IGN Fan Fest. The clip is from the premiere, titled All's Well That Ends Wells, and that title does suggest that a certain Nash Wells will have some sort of part in it. The clip picks up where things left off in season 6 and focuses on Barry Allen (Grant Gustin), Joe (Jessie L. Martin), and Cecile (Danielle Nicolet). Things are getting worse for Barry and Iris (Candice Patton), and time is running out for both of them. You can check out the full clip in the video above.

The clip shows Barry, Joe, and Cecile talking about the search for Eva, aka Mirror Master. Despite searching all over the city Barry has come up empty, and the more he uses his powers the more he drains what's left of them.

The speed force is gone, and he will soon be powerless if he doesn't get the artificial speed force up and running, which we see him leave the meeting to go do in the clip. We also learn that Sue Dearbon and Ralph Dibny are in hiding after Sue was framed for murder in season 6, and we're not sure if Ralph will return recast in season 7.

Barry also refers to Iris being lost, and that's because she's stuck in the Mirrorverse, trapped there by Eva. The longer Iris stays in the Mirrorverse the bigger chance her mind is twisted, and as Barry attempts to track down Eva and the solution to getting her out, this is absolutely the worst time to be losing his powers.

The Flash won't ignore John Diggle's Green Lantern tease from the end of Arrow, as showrunner Eric Wallace hints it connects to his latest appearance.

When John Diggle returns to The Flash in season 7, his role will connect to Arrow's tantalizing Green Lantern tease. David Ramsey's Diggle has been a part of the Arrowverse since before it even was the Arrowverse, appearing as one of the main characters on the franchise's flagship show. As Oliver Queen's (Stephen Amell) bodyguard-turned-close friend, Diggle played a vital role throughout Arrow's eight-season run. The series finale featured a rather compelling tease for what could be ahead for Diggle, as he discovered a box that, when opened, let out a very familiar green light.

Ever since that scene, Arrowverse fans have been abuzz about the possibility of Diggle becoming the universe's Green Lantern. However, the powers that be have remained carefully vague about what the future holds for him and whether that includes a new hero persona. In December, news broke confirming Ramsey will return to the Arrowverse for a slew of new episodes. He will appear on five shows in total, including The Flash, Supergirl, Superman & Lois, and Batwoman. Additionally, his appearance on Legends of Tomorrow will see him taking on a new mystery character.

Little is known about Ramsey's various Arrowverse returns, but fans have a new tease about The Flash. Showrunner Eric Wallace recently spoke to TVLine about The Flash's upcoming season 7, and the conversation led to a brief check-in about Diggle's upcoming arrival. "Oh boy, that’s a spoiler," Wallace started with a laugh. He then went on to say, without outright saying so, that Arrow's Green Lantern moment will inform Diggle's role on The Flash. He said:

"When we last saw Diggle, he had a situation at the end of Arrow he needed to deal with, so he arrives to help Team Flash in the back half of the season carrying the weight of that “problem.” The question is, how can he help Team Flash when he has got something even bigger on his mind? And that’s what the story is."

41 minutes ago, chezmtghut said:

I like how the season starts with Chester hypothesizing the universe as a cosmic neural network.

I thought they made it a fun episode while continuing the story of Iris and Mirror Master. Especially that reveal in the end with the latter character.

3 minutes ago, piper said:

I didn't realize a new season had started!

It slid in behind the kickoff of Superman & Lois the next week, bumping that show's next episode back an hour. But I agree. I didn't see a lot of commercials pushing this news until the last three week.

3 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

It slid in behind the kickoff of Superman & Lois the next week, bumping that show's next episode back an hour. But I agree. I didn't see a lot of commercials pushing this news until the last three week.

I'm so out of the loop with new TV programming!  I blame it on COVID. :(

5 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

I thought they made it a fun episode while continuing the story of Iris and Mirror Master. Especially that reveal in the end with the latter character.

That was a great surprise. I bet she feels bad now!

On 3/27/2021 at 10:07 PM, skypinkblu said:

So

Hide contents

who was the monster

in the latest episode?

Spoiler

IMDB has Mitra Suri listed as the character Amélie. She's a stunt actress & possibly the first portrayal of a female Solomon Grundy. Potentially brought back to life by Abra Kadabra's concentrated energy beam's. Notice how Cisco Ramon / Vibe uses the word obelisk in reference to the crystals left behind?

It's another subtle mention of how Egyptian's understood the properties of resonance to manipulated forces like our modern tech does.

Now they're turning the speed force itself into a villain this season. I had a feeling that's where this was leading. They want to turn the demigods into antagonists & humanity as protagonists to make us believe humanity is earths saviors, when we're the ones destroying this planet in the first place. I have no doubt that this is why DC has been rittled with problems. Savitṛ or Savitar is another name of Surya the Sun God & 108 is a sacred Hindu number. Interestingly enough, DC just happen to create him as a villain for Flash comics vol. 2 #108 back in 1995.

2 hours ago, chezmtghut said:

Now they're turning the speed force itself into a villain this season. I had a feeling that's where this was leading. They want to turn the demigods into antagonists & humanity as protagonists to make us believe humanity is earths saviors, when we're the ones destroying this planet in the first place. I have no doubt that this is why DC has been rittled with problems. Savitṛ or Savitar is another name of Surya the Sun God & 108 is a sacred Hindu number. Interestingly enough, DC just happen to create him as a villain for Flash comics vol. 2 #108 back in 1995.

Now you've encouraged me to watch this. Which I had planned to anyway.

:popcorn:

EXCLUSIVE: BAFTA Award-winner Tony Curran (Your Honor, Ray Donovan) has joined the cast of the CW’s The Flash in the role of Despero. He is currently filming the upcoming eighth season of the series.

The character is described as a powerful and intelligent alien possessing incredible telepathic powers who left his homeworld—Kalanor—under mysterious circumstances. Now he’s facing a deadly mission on Earth, one whose outcome will decide the fate of humankind and put him on a collision course with Team Flash.

Despero is a supervillain created by Gardner Fox and Mike Sekowsky who made his first appearance in the 1960 DC comic Justice League of America #1.

Many Arrowverse characters have been confirmed as being a part of The Flash season 8 crossover event Armageddon. The five-part storyline seems poised to make up for the lack of interaction between the various superhero shows on the CW during the previous year, due to the Covid-19 pandemic. The roster of characters announced also suggests that some long-neglected subplots may soon be addressed, even as new heroes are officially inducted into the ranks of the World's Finest.

The production team behind The Flash season 8 has kept the details of its opening storyline largely under wraps, beyond the intention of trying to bring in a number of special guest stars from around the Arrowverse. A recent casting announcement confirmed the event's name as Armageddon, and said The Flash season 8 storyline would find Team Flash enlisting some old friends to stand against "a powerful alien threat that arrives on Earth under mysterious circumstances." It has been speculated that the story might be based upon Armageddon 2001, a DC Comics crossover event that pitted the heroes of Earth against a new supervillain from the future, the Monarch, who had conquered the Earth and was teased as being a corrupted hero.