The Official Thread "The Flash" TV Show SPOILER-FILLED
6 6

2,786 posts in this topic

8,269 posts

Yeah the writing lately on most of the DC TV shows has been pretty dismal. Arrow is about the best of the bunch, IMHO. Flash started out great the first season, but really has lost it's way. I find Grant Gustin's version of the character to be ridiculously selfish and totally clueless. That and he can't fight for shirt.

Edited by Boba

29,959 posts

@Boba  Yes, but he can sing;) and dance! Wait till next week!

The only thing I could do without is the new version of Wells, I like the earth 2 or 3 version, the rest is just entertainment, same as the SA comics were. 

I don't think I'd be heartbroken if Savitar gets Iris though...that doesn't sound nice, but she's kind of a waste. She doesn't seem to be reporting anymore, just filling up space.

8,269 posts

I can't stand the new version of Wells. He's a total doofus. I wonder how the actor could play this after the great job he did with the 1st seasons Wells.

9,662 posts
Just now, Boba said:

I can't stand the new version of Wells. He's a total doofus. I wonder how the actor could play this after the great job he did with the 1st seasons Wells.

It's a pay check!

8,269 posts

True. That's worthwhile :cry:

Edited by Boba

89,880 posts

All the DC shows have gotten worse with each episode.

8,269 posts

Arrow is back to form this season. The original showing the rookies how it's done.

5,340 posts

I agree the writing on the Flash continues to get worse. The enthusiasm I had for the show in the first season was very high. It dropped a lot in the second season (although I liked Tom C.'s version of Wells, among other things). This third season the show is barely on my radar. Whether it's the stupid reasons Barry and Iris keep breaking up, or the fact that people constantly refer to themselves or each other as heroes (do they listen to themselves?), or whether you have a guy so fast that he can travel through time yet he gets punched by an ape that is physically no faster than your average ape, this stuff is getting hard to overlook. By all the time travel/changing time lines they basically took characters that were OK in season 1 and then threw a lot of that history/investment out the window. I watch mainly for the ties to the silver age Flash comics but those basically don't exist much at this point. Another reason I eventually watch each episode is that I do enjoy the fact that they make reference to the 1990 series by using those actors. But then again, what keeps me coming back in that sense are fond memories of the first series- not so much interest in this new one. That said, this season may end on a good note as Reverse Flash started this season's developments, so he will likely end it. I haven't forgotten him. So hopefully he comes back and they have an epic confrontation.

Edited by Bill C

8,269 posts

You pretty much summed up how I feel. I'm very disappointed in how they continue to make Flash seem like a bufoon who can't fight. Forget about the total lack of continuity in the scripts.

298 posts

im still entertained for the most part hopefully Iris is gone for awhile and character develop Barry further....still want Reverse Flaah to return and maybe see Abra Kadabra 

28,549 posts

A lot of fluff and not much actual story telling has been going on all season.  How many times are they going to keep going back to the same old plot twists and brief character reintroductions.  I usually watch the episode but its after watching all the other better shows on my list.

89,880 posts

Savitar is

Spoiler

HR

14,898 posts

I have not watched the Flash in awhile, and since I can no longer see Supergirl thanks to the move to a station I do not get I decided to tune in for the latest episode of the Flash titled "Duet".

I liked the beginning, wow did Melissa Benoist sing well and she brightened up the tube I have got to say.

Then as the show went on I very quickly realized what I was about to watch, some kind of dream episode with songs and dance numbers.

UGH!

29,959 posts
18 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

I have not watched the Flash in awhile, and since I can no longer see Supergirl thanks to the move to a station I do not get I decided to tune in for the latest episode of the Flash titled "Duet".

I liked the beginning, wow did Melissa Benoist sing well and she brightened up the tube I have got to say.

Then as the show went on I very quickly realized what I was about to watch, some kind of dream episode with songs and dance numbers.

UGH!

I'm sorry, lol...I LOVED it, I've watched Jesse Martin on Broadway in Rent, Barry and Kara in Glee, Win on Smash, Victor Garber in Damn Yankees,  John Barrowman in Phantom of the Opera...and I think the Music Maistro was also from Glee, I have to look him up. The real surprise was Cisco, he was great.

I wish it had been longer, I wanted more songs. I've been dying to hear these people sing, they are really talented.

14,898 posts
Just now, skypinkblu said:

I'm sorry, lol...I LOVED it, I've watched Jesse Martin on Broadway in Rent, Barry and Kara in Glee, Win on Smash, Victor Garber in Damn Yankees,  John Barrowman in Phantom of the Opera...and I think the Music Maistro was also from Glee, I have to look him up. The real surprise was Cisco, he was great.

I wish it had been longer, I wanted more songs. I've been dying to hear these people sing, they are really talented.

Yes they are, they really did do a great job, but please see it from my perspective: I have not watched the Flash in months and that was the episode I watched:  I got a Glee rather than a Flash.

29,959 posts
5 minutes ago, Artboy99 said:

Yes they are, they really did do a great job, but please see it from my perspective: I have not watched the Flash in months and that was the episode I watched:  I got a Glee rather than a Flash.

I understand, but I actually think you saw the best episode in months. It was so DIFFERENT;)  Looks like I'm not the only one, and the Music guy was from Glee, I just checked.   http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/03/the-flash-musical-recap-duet-best-musical-tv-episode

16,408 posts

Love the show...love the new take on HR...i must be very easy to please but since there was a 20 year gap between Flash tv shows ill just tread carefully lest this one vanishes and im dead before another comes around and just say that yes the story drags at times but it is without a doubt the best Super Hero show on TV.  And i LOVE musicals........at the last song, no matter how much you may hate Iris, if you didn't tear up just a little bit.....there's no hope.

Edited by krighton

29,959 posts

Edited by skypinkblu
Couldn't remove video so I added one

29,959 posts

This version of the next  song is better, you see them singing 

163 posts

I have lost interest in the show and it was becoming one of my favorites. Too much relationship junk and not enough action. Barry is annoying and can't seem to fight his way out a wet paper bag, HR is a dork, Wally is an insufficiently_thoughtful_person doing the whole I just got my powers and want to make a difference cliche and the whole him and Jesse thing is painful to watch with the sappy dialog. The only good character seems to be Cisco. Other than the obvious political agenda Supergirl is a much better show right now action wise, even if it still has all the sappy .