The Official Thread "The Flash" TV Show SPOILER-FILLED
6 6

2,770 posts in this topic

81,647 posts

Turns out the episode villain came right from the comics.

'The Flash': Who Is Hazard?

the-flash-who-is-hazard-dc-comics-104052

Tonight's episode saw Team Flash facing off against Becky Sharpe, better known as the DC Comics villain Hazard. In the show, Becky is bestowed with her metahuman abilities, after dealing with essentially a lifetime of bad luck. As can be seen in tonight's episode, Becky's main goal is basically personally benefiting herself, as opposed to being a more standard, revenge-centric villain.

“I wanted to play her, almost that she really does believe that it’s just her time,” Beard explained to ComicBook.com. “Seeing people around her having bad luck, she’s like ‘Well, I’ve been going through that my whole life. I think she’s so hung up on the fact that she has finally gotten her good luck streak that she is kind of oblivious to everything else. I think her empathy is forced out the window when she’s in this situation because she’s never been here before and she’s just trying to hold onto that luck with all she can.”

Becky first debuted in 1987's Infinity Inc. #34, as a member of the Wizard's new Injustice Society. Becky, using a pair of magic dice and adopting the name Hazard, was motivated to avenge the death of her grandfather, former villain Steven Sharpe III/The Gambler. But, much like The Flash's Becky, Hazard had an optimistic view on her luck-based powers, refusing to cause anyone's death with her abilities.

81,647 posts

And next week - ELONGATED MAN!

81,647 posts

Danny Trejo as Gypsy's father made for a fun engagement with Cisco.

It will be interesting how they develop Ralph Dibny's character. The actor had a Jim Carrey vibe to him, but it actually fit the role.

27,466 posts

I thought he was terrific (Gypsy's father), Dibny was OK, but the Elongated man was never my favorite character, so I might be biased

81,647 posts

KATEE SACKHOFF!

:whee:

5,233 posts

I thought this garbage couldn't get much worse.

Could they inject anymore of their ill conceived political statements into this show? Unbelievable. 

27,466 posts
47 minutes ago, Bill C said:

I thought this garbage couldn't get much worse.

Could they inject anymore of their ill conceived political statements into this show? Unbelievable. 

I don't think I noticed anything particularly political. "Strong women" which seemed to be the theme, crosses the lines of all parties.  Maybe different people just see different things in the program?  I liked the fact that Caitlyn seems to be evolving.

5,233 posts
34 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

I don't think I noticed anything particularly political. "Strong women" which seemed to be the theme, crosses the lines of all parties.  Maybe different people just see different things in the program?  I liked the fact that Caitlyn seems to be evolving.

It was a lot more than "strong women'- and their logic behind it. Of course I can't get into more detail here due to the nature of the topic.

88,896 posts

Like all the DC shows I have this on in the background while I'm doing something else but the Elongated Man is fun so far.

I knew the 'feminism' episode would upset a few blokes:roflmao:

5,233 posts
21 hours ago, Comicopolis said:

Like all the DC shows I have this on in the background while I'm doing something else but the Elongated Man is fun so far.

I knew the 'feminism' episode would upset a few blokes:roflmao:

I didn't like the episode but I didn't intend to insult any of you ladies- I just don't like seeing them push political agendas so much in these shows 

88,896 posts
26 minutes ago, Bill C said:

I didn't like the episode but I didn't intend to insult any of you ladies- I just don't like seeing them push political agendas so much in these shows 

I'm sorry you were so upset by a TV show.

I mean it was a pretty bad episode. They should have set it at Christmas for more added snowflakes.

81,647 posts

:roflmao:

You two should take this act on the road. HUGE!

88,896 posts
35 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

:roflmao:

You two should take this act on the road. HUGE!

I guarantee it's more entertaining than the JLA movie. :whistle:

81,647 posts
2 minutes ago, Comicopolis said:

lol

Wait a minute. You guarantee it. You saw the movie!

:sumo:

5,233 posts
46 minutes ago, Comicopolis said:

I'm sorry you were so upset by a TV show.

I mean it was a pretty bad episode. They should have set it at Christmas for more added snowflakes.

I wasn't upset at all, although I sense you are triggered? I certainly didn't mean to do so.

If you like Christmas so much (and who doesn't?)- maybe I'll send you some adult coloring books for the holidays. I hear they can help relieve stress, when one doesn't have a safe space handy.

27,466 posts
1 hour ago, Bill C said:

This isn't just for you, Bill, it happens a lot. I don't care about the politics of the show, I ignore that stuff and it was kind of silly/dumb .. but ...and I'm not sure how to say this...

The use of the term "ladies" as a derogatory term is something I see here way too often. Can't we use something non sexual, like Bananas? or Jailbirds? Bozos? Clowns? Giraffes? Comics? Pick a word...any Word that does not relate to a female.

I'm not trying to be politically correct, it's just that there are very few women here, maybe it would be nice to have more? 

I'm pretty thick skinned when it comes to this kind of stuff but I do notice it. I have never been somewhere where a woman who is not pleased or impressed by another woman, says..."You men" to her;)

@greggy is my idol, he's a great example of someone who handles this stuff well:)  everyone male, female or neutral is a "dork"

27,466 posts
7 minutes ago, Comicopolis said:

Oh, please don't tell me it was bad...I've been so hopeful

27,466 posts

Does anyone else think "the thinker" is pretty dumb looking? and so is Ralphe's suit.

I love Dr. Wells, my favorite character, but 4 of him was 3 too many.