The Official Thread "The Flash" TV Show SPOILER-FILLED
6 6

2,770 posts in this topic

27,466 posts

I watch it, but I'm not crazy about the Devoe story line either.  I still love Harry and Cisco, and I find Iris more palatable. 

Not crazy about Ralph Digby, I don't remember him being such a turkey in the comics...but he was married and his wife was pretty normal...or maybe I was 10 years old when I read them or something;)

81,647 posts

Still watching it. But I cannot wait for them to move on from the Devoe storyline. It could have ended four episodes back.

I like Ralph. He is finally coming around. And the scene of him watching that girl die was sad. You can tell it is going to have an impact on his hero-making.

81,647 posts

John Wesley Shipp On What Excites Him About Returning to 'The Flash'

jay-garrick-flash-1-183725-640x320.jpg

When John Wesley Shipp brings Jay Garrick back to the world of The Flash on tonight's episode, titled "Enter Flashtime," he will be fighting side by side with Grant Gustin's Barry Allen for the first time in a while -- and the two will get to spend some quality time together onscreen for the first time since Shipp played Henry Allen, Barry's dad.

Shipp, who played Barry himself in the 1990 series, was revealed at the end of season 2 as the face behind an iron mask that had lingered as a mystery all season long. With Barry's Earth-1 father dead, Jay Garrick turned out to be his Earth-3 doppelganger, and gave Shipp not only a new way to interface with Gustin/Barry and with the story itself, but also another chance -- to fans' delight -- to suit up as a speedster again.

"The thing that I loved about this episode, I had so many close scenes with Grant as Henry Allen," Shipp told ComicBook.com. "There was such a camaraderie, and there was such a connection. Once I became Jay Garrick, it was much cooler in temperature and we had to go through a process of warming up to each other. Because I had started my Jay being skeptical of Barry, and if he was gonna change the timeline every time he got upset. Well by this time we're working together. And it's a restoration of a camaraderie not only between Jay and Barry, but between John and Grant that I had been missing. So I have to tell you, I'm very excited about people seeing this episode. I think it's gonna blow some minds. It's also very Grant-centric. We get to see him operating all over the place as a hero. And anytime he gets to shine like that, you know it's gonna be brilliant."

81,647 posts

'The Flash' Renewed for Season 5

Barry Allen may be facing his most challenging villain yet this season on The Flash, but it looks like the Scarlet Speedster somehow manage to find a way to keep running. The CW has renewed The Flash for its fifth season.

The announcement that the DC superhero series will return was hinted at when network president Mark Pedowtiz told reporters during the Television Critics Association winter press tour that he expected The CW's current superhero lineup (the so-called Arrowverse that includes Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, and Legends of Tomorrow) to be renewed for the 2018-2019 television season.

"At the moment, it's a little too soon," Pedowitz said. "We're noted for announcing at winter TCA that we're picking up shows, we just weren't ready to do that yet. A couple more weeks [and] we'll probably get around to it. I'm pretty confident we'll see them all back"

3,439 posts

I still watch it but I agree with everyone these whole Devoe storyline is dragging on like a bad movie hell I'm interested in the girl that has appeared in a couple of scenes.

861 posts

I really liked the show before the mid season finale. The race to defuse the nuke. One of my favorite shows of the entire run. I agree with the others about how Ralph is portrayed and this dragging on of the Devoe plot. For a die hard Flash fan like me, even I was turned off. Still ist kinda cool to have Flash on TV! I will keep watching and hope for a better writing in the episodes to come.

81,647 posts
10 hours ago, flashlites said:

I really liked the show before the mid season finale. The race to defuse the nuke. One of my favorite shows of the entire run. I agree with the others about how Ralph is portrayed and this dragging on of the Devoe plot. For a die hard Flash fan like me, even I was turned off. Still ist kinda cool to have Flash on TV! I will keep watching and hope for a better writing in the episodes to come.

The show-runners really need to have a few Big Bads lined up for a season, and only give them a few episodes to lay out the storyline between each against Team Flash.

861 posts
13 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

The show-runners really need to have a few Big Bads lined up for a season, and only give them a few episodes to lay out the storyline between each against Team Flash.

I agree! I think early on this idea of one main villain per season kinda worked but that was because it was the ultimate villian, Zoom! Now that he's gone I think they are still trying to figure out where to go and how to precede. 

81,647 posts

And at one point he had tricked fans by saying he was done with the role.

81,647 posts

Definitely a wild character last night. Like a mix of Cheech and Chong.

But I really felt bad for the final results of this episode.

:frown:

27,466 posts
Spoiler

I was finally starting to like Ralph last night. Meanwhile Iris is better than she was...

861 posts
On 4/9/2018 at 6:43 PM, Bosco685 said:

And at one point he had tricked fans by saying he was done with the role.

Snart's coming back?! I hope he stays around for a few episodes

81,647 posts

Wow! They did a Thinker opening scene where he raids an Argus facility. It was like the Quicksilver scene from Days of Future Past demonstrating how he utilizes all of his powers in a fight. Why can't the show always be like that?

81,647 posts

18,780 posts

can this show get any slower?  Im still watching and hoping for good stories, but.  we all complain about the Netflix Marvel series being stretched long and thin, but The Flash and Arrow are 24 episodes of wasted time around a few scenes of story development.  crazy.  Both DeVoe and Diaz are ridiculously uninteresting villains unable to sustain interest for an entire season

81,647 posts

I just want the Thinker finally thunk so we can move on to better characters. I still like all the main supporting characters.

2,676 posts
2 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

I just want the Thinker finally thunk so we can move on to better characters. I still like all the main supporting characters.

+1.  Or as I like to call him, the Stinker.

8,633 posts

Fun episode! :applause:

27,466 posts
Spoiler

So was the Flash's daughter the 2nd speedster?

8,633 posts
10 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:
  Hide contents

So was the Flash's daughter the 2nd speedster?

Yes