• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Official Thread "The Flash" TV Show SPOILER-FILLED
4 4

2,573 posts in this topic

:applause:

THE FLASH: Original 'Dr. Tina McGee' Actress Amanda Pays To Return To The Role

According to Variety, Amanda Pays will play Dr. Tina McGee in the CW's upcoming take on DC Comics' fastest man alive, The Flash. If that sounds familiar it's because the actress played the same role in the first live action series to feature the character back in 1990. As we already know, John Wesley Shipp -- who played the titular hero in that show -- is also on board as Barry Allen's father. Although Pays will play the same character, this time she'll actually be working for a rival tech firm to S.T.A.R. Labs. “When we decided to bring Tina onto our version of ‘The Flash,’ who better to get than the amazing actress who originated the part?” exec producer Andrew Kreisberg tells the site. “Like with John Wesley Shipp, we are so proud and excited to have another actor from the original series join us on our new adventures for Barry Allen.” There's no mention of which episodes Pays will appear in.

The CW Orders More Scripts For THE FLASH Ahead Of Series Premiere

Deadline points out that, "Giving any type of order to new broadcast series several weeks before their debut is unusual and comes after both The Flash and Jane had delivered a couple of more episodes, with the CW executives said to be very pleased with that they have seen. The CW brass like having the network’s new fall series prepared for a possible back order with pickups of additional scripts early on."

Upcoming TEEN TITANS Series To Crossover With THE FLASH And ARROW?

Mark Pedowitz, CW’s president, talked briefly about DC's Flash and Arrow TV series and he discussed the possibility of the newly announced Teen Titans Series crossing over with the shows in the Arrow-verse, “What you’ll see embedded in Flash and Arrow is that we’ll have the ability to test characters out." Mark then adds, "Is there room to grow them into the next show? I cannot tell you yet. There are discussions going on,” It was said that Grayson and his crew would not be appearing in these shows, but Pedowitz said, as you read above, that there might be some discussions so they can make this happen. I would want to see the Titans tag along with Arrow and the Flash, would you? Sound off with your thoughts below!

:o

this would be awesome and it could show that all these tv shows can still be connected.

THE FLASH Star Rick Cosnett Talks 'Reverse-Flash', 'Wally West' And...'Cobalt Blue'?

In the comics, Professor Zoom (a.k.a. Reverse-Flash) has a few different origins, but most have him hailing from the 25th Century. He's certainly never been a detective in Central City! It could be then that Rick Cosnett's Eddie Thawne is an ancestor of Eobard's, and he talked to Comic Book Resources recently about how The CW's The Flash will explore his family and their connection to the Allens. "I think that's going to be the intriguing thing to see, whether he's the white or the black sheep of this family of Thawnes. I think the producers are up to do a lot of twists and to really shock the fans, especially in terms of the first season. The intriguing thing is, "Who are these people, really?" We're trying to show the humanity of them, in social situations and in the present day, I think. It's also quite funny, which I think is going to be surprising to people. It has little gags and everything. It's epic, but it's also human and funny."

Now that's more like it :acclaim:

I heard they added more scenes to the trailer. :grin:

I didn't realize I'd be going to NYCC 2 days after this premieres :o

Good times for sure :applause:

As a life-long Flash fan, I'm incredibly excited.

I haven't watched any of the current CW DC shows (Smallville, Arrow, etc.), so I'm coming into this as a virgin of sorts. But it looks very cool, and anything would be better than the early 90s Flash show.

I haven't watched any of the current CW DC shows (Smallville, Arrow, etc.), so I'm coming into this as a virgin of sorts. But it looks very cool, and anything would be better than the early 90s Flash show.

you should at least give Arrow a chance.

you should at least give Arrow a chance.

I watched almost the whole first season of Arrow. It sucked.

Does anyone else kind of feel this is a monumental occasion? Barry Allen was killed off and stayed dead for longer than almost any other hero. He was completely irrelevant in not only pop culture but even somewhat irrelevant in comics. He died in COIE and then Batman soared in popularity and ever since every DC hero has played second fiddle to him. The reinvention/reintroduction of Barry Allen in his own series is a huge occasion IMO.

If you told me 2 years ago this was going to happen I probably would have died from laughter. I really hope this series is a success, than all they will have to do is justice to Hal Jordan and all will be right with the world.