• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dallas Comicon (Fan Expo Dallas) -- May 29-31, 2015

178 posts in this topic

Jenna Coleman added to the media lineup.

Jenna-Louise_Coleman_-1024x681.jpg

I may have to take a break and get out from behind the table for a short while... :luhv:

Billie Piper added today. Three Companions.

I'm in.

Jenna Coleman added to the media lineup.

Jenna-Louise_Coleman_-1024x681.jpg

I may have to take a break and get out from behind the table for a short while... :luhv:

Billie Piper added today. Three Companions.

I'm in.

Piper is making up for her February cancellation. Still, maybe it's just me, but lately the guest list at these shows has been taking a decidedly Whovian direction...

Maybe... the two I went to last year were Firefly- and Agents of SHIELD-centric.

Yeah, I remember that Firefly show. But Feb and now May are stacked pretty heavily with Dr Who guests. I'm hoping for more comic names, though they're off to a good start. With the weekend largely to themselves there should be little competition for guests if they want to bring some in.

Edit: Apparently they snuck Bob Layton and Alex Maleev onto the guest list, so I'm feeling better but would still like to see more.

Maybe... the two I went to last year were Firefly- and Agents of SHIELD-centric.

Yeah, I remember that Firefly show. But Feb and now May are stacked pretty heavily with Dr Who guests. I'm hoping for more comic names, though they're off to a good start. With the weekend largely to themselves there should be little competition for guests if they want to bring some in.

Edit: Apparently they snuck Bob Layton and Alex Maleev onto the guest list, so I'm feeling better but would still like to see more.

I'd like to see more comics guests, as well, but since I'm largely out of the hobby at this point, I'm not as in tune with what's going on there.

I should make my "Boardie" shirt this year.

I wish they would focus on comic names for what was originally named the Dallas COMIC con, but they have turned the last few shows into dr. Who shows. The problem I've experienced as a comic vendor with heavy Dr. Who shows is that dr. Who fans are not at all interested in comics. It's great for the promoter, as they pay their admission to get in the door, and they are rabid about autographs. I've tried to offer dr. who comics, both recent and vintage, and they sit.......

If you look at other big comic cons, (mostly wizard shows) you'll see that they have 50+ comic quests. For the Dallas show we are supposed to be excited about 13, when Stan, Conner, and Palmiotti have been to this show multiple times. I wish fan expo would do a strictly Dr. Who show, and leave the comic con, to comics.....

Last few shows seem to have been VERY Dr Who centric. Last years' revamped show and venue did bring out some quality comic guests, J Scott, Slott, Bagley to name a few. Here's hoping we get more of the same this go around.

:wishluck:

I would love to see JSC come back. However, if they do not want to do a back to back, I would love to see Hughes, Lee(if that is even possible) and maybe even Claremont. All lofty aspirations, but one can hope:)

I would love to see JSC come back. However, if they do not want to do a back to back, I would love to see Hughes, Lee (if that is even possible) and maybe even Claremont. All lofty aspirations, but one can hope:)

Stan Lee is on the guest list already, so it is possible. ;)

Hughes has also done one of the shows within the last couple of years. It has been at least a year because this was when we were still just attending as fans prior to setting up. The latest it could have been was the October 2013 show, and I'm thinking it was earlier than that. Someone with a better memory than me (or who wrote it down) can chime in.

I just got some good news. Looks like my brother will be coming from Michigan that week (Comicpalooza is the weekend before).

I only get to see him twice a year, so I'm pretty excited.

I just got some good news. Looks like my brother will be coming from Michigan that week (Comicpalooza is the weekend before).

I only get to see him twice a year, so I'm pretty excited.

:applause:

wrong Lee I think.

He may have meant Jim, but I doubt that is ever going to happen.

+1, I'd go bananas to have Jim Lee at the show! We need an image reunion Portacio, Larsen, Liefeld, Silvestri... get the whole gang out!