• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The most valuable and noteworthy Platinum-Age comics?

67 posts in this topic

Sorry, I couldn't find a link either, but it is in issue #19 which came out fairly recently. The narrative is okay but what I feel make the article special is that it contains the first definitive listing of Pore Li'l Mose Sunday strips. Working with my friends at The Billy Ireland Museum at Ohio State University and using my personal collection, I was able to not only list appearances but confirm absences. Also, one date that some people thought was a PLM strip did contain two black cartoons by Outcault but neither was a PLM strip, and it was good to get that clarified.. For the few of us left who still collect PLM, I hope the listing will be helpful.

Did you mean that the Blackberries page you posted was from the book, or did you mean it was the OA for the page from the book? Last year I was extremely fortunate to finally obtain my first signed Outcault Yellow Kid art so a Kemble Blackberries piece is now at the top of my want list.

Your art is incredible, both beautiful and rare, and by a great artist for a ground-breaking series. I have never seen an original Kemble Blackberries before and I am delighted to know that one exists, especially in the collection of someone who appreciates what he has. Congratulations!

Did you mean that the Blackberries page you posted was from the book, or did you mean it was the OA for the page from the book?
OA (thumbs u

Wow! That's wonderful.