• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,560 posts in this topic

Hey guys - here's a funny one to add to the pile (and would suggest you consider blocking). 

eBay user quibet01 

Buys a book from me.  About four hours after paying sends me a rather rude note declaring i should have shipped already (no joke!), and she now wants to cancel.   I explain to her that i had already shipped (amazing, right?), only not updated the tracking number to ebay ....right there i knew right we had an issue.

She sends me a note after receiving the book that she bought the wrong one for her husband and now she wants to return it.   I had a no returns policy on the listing, but explained to her i'd work with her.  She then says she already returned the book (just went ahead and did it) and wants her full refund.   I tell her that I'd like reimbursement of my shipping cost to send her the book originally.  She leaves me a negative and files a paypal claim against me.

First negative in 15 years of doing this, 5,000+ deals and 1,600 feedback *sigh*   I know it shouldn't bother me, but it does.  but Oh, how it does

Resolution to my case against nutbar eBay seller silvergod. 

He received the book back and immediately opened a case against me saying the book I shipped wasn't in the same condition as the one he sent to me. Well...duh, that's the reason I initiated a return in the first place, that it wasn't in the same condition as he advertised due to poor packaging.

eBay ruled in my favor and refunded the money, though they "scolded" me by saying I need to be careful when returning books :screwy:

Unfortunately they removed the negative feedback I left him, which he absolutely deserved for committing fraud ( charging for Priority boxed shipping and using a bubble envelope and Media Mail ).

1 hour ago, roulette44 said:

Hey guys - here's a funny one to add to the pile (and would suggest you consider blocking). 

eBay user quibet01 

Buys a book from me.  About four hours after paying sends me a rather rude note declaring i should have shipped already (no joke!), and she now wants to cancel.   I explain to her that i had already shipped (amazing, right?), only not updated the tracking number to ebay ....right there i knew right we had an issue.

She sends me a note after receiving the book that she bought the wrong one for her husband and now she wants to return it.   I had a no returns policy on the listing, but explained to her i'd work with her.  She then says she already returned the book (just went ahead and did it) and wants her full refund.   I tell her that I'd like reimbursement of my shipping cost to send her the book originally.  She leaves me a negative and files a paypal claim against me.

First negative in 15 years of doing this, 5,000+ deals and 1,600 feedback *sigh*   I know it shouldn't bother me, but it does.  but Oh, how it does

Not telling you how to run your business as it sounds like a difficult buyer.

But having a "no return" policy on eBay is just asking for it because 99.9% of the time they side with the buyer.

19 hours ago, Logan510 said:

Not telling you how to run your business as it sounds like a difficult buyer.

But having a "no return" policy on eBay is just asking for it because 99.9% of the time they side with the buyer.

I hear you man (and i usually do offer returns, this listing was a holdover from before i'm guessing).  But, ebay wasn't the problem here - they told me i didn't have to return it because of how the buyer set up the return ("changed my mind").    But because she already returned the book to me (without my permission, but besides the point), paypal will of course side with her.   And my issue isn't providing a refund, it's the behavior of the buyer from the beginning.....   hence the warning to my fellow forumites!

2 new winners.

lisooji-0 (https://www.ebay.com/usr/lisooji-0

Non-paying bidder.  Case opened, closed and blocked

Normally I don't give names - but I will make an exception for the next one as I am pretty sure he has multiple accounts

marasafi8 (https://www.ebay.com/usr/marasafi8)

Marat Salenko. Bought 2 preorders for $550. Didn't pay (probably due to that comic got cheaper after he bought) nor replied. He is a 0 feedback bidder but knows really well how eBay best offer through messaging works - which lead me to believe that he has at least another account. Case opened, closed and blocked

On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 6:12 PM, Logan510 said:

I put one of those in a USPS double box setup.

My philosophy is I would rather lose a buck or two off the bottom line on shipping and hopefully make a buyer happy and happy enough to be a repeat buyer 2c

That should be everyone's motto. Its why some sellers never understand why buyers either don't come back or neg them. Learning to pack as a comic seller should be right there with grading. 

On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 6:21 PM, grebal said:

^Yup, you sell to different buyers for the stuff I'm talking about.  For that, I let them pay up if they like, but they don't.

For slabs and high grades or high dollar books I package differently. The point of the mailer was responsive to claim that you can't send 3 book at first class, but I don't mind your change of topic, it's just non-responsive to the point.

Edited November 21 by grebal

Sure you can ship that many books 1st class, but is it really worth the risk? I will ship 1 book first class if someone begs me all do 2 if I can find that right cardboard. Other then that is going flat rate and honestly most buyers use flat rate. I think I now ship only about 20% 1st class now. Odd how that is changing.

On ‎11‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 6:56 AM, Gaard said:

This whole Treasury edition / google scenario got me to thinking ...

Sometimes people get taken for 1000s of dollars. Has anyone ever taken a trip to confront the thief in an effort to retrieve their money?

Many years ago I bought some ASM Spider-Man SAs. Nice books and I bought on the low side at auction. I sent the buyer a money order as this was the very early days of paypal. Never heard back from so I called him. 

Gave me a story about divorce and he would ship books out that weekend. Never heard from him again. So I called the local cops and they told tough luck and call his local authorities. So I called the courthouse in his county and talked to a judge about it. He called it "Theft by Deception" and referred me to local sheriff. We chatted for an hour and asked me to fax him some copies of the auction which I did along with emails. The next day his deputies paid the man a visit.(Small town nothing to do.) That afternoon I had a very very nervous phone call on my answer machine and a I had personally money order at my house in 2 days. lol

Suffice to say the local PO got a nice gift package from me and they said they enjoyed scaring the :censored: of him.

True story.

Another fantastic waste of time with this guy over ASM # 33 which gave me that 'scam# feeling right from the off, guy says he lives in Kuwait as well as the UK, but can't manage to pay with the correct address...

New message from: raghe_uk (96Blue Star)

Hi there,

Not sure if payment went through as i was trying to change the credit card i wanted to use on paypal and i really don't know what happened (or more exactly, what button i pressed).

I'd be grateful if you can confirm if everything is in order and that we're good to go, i'd really appreciate that.

New message to: raghe_uk

Definitely no payment of £457 in our account I'm afraid. If you look in your "Purchase History', it should still be showing as unpaid.

Thanks for your response. I tried doing that but it's telling me there is an error.

Is there another way I can pay you? Perhaps through a direct link via PayPal? I would be grateful if you can help me finalize this as it's a Christmas gift for my son. 

Just sent you a Paypal request for the money.

Thanks,

Richard

Thank you. Link received and payment made..

Would you be so kind and mail the comic to:

Ms. Jodie Evans
268 Pontefract Road
Barnsley
S72 8AQ

Thanks!

Hi Ragheb - Ebay and Paypal state quite clearly that as a seller, we are not allowed to post to any address that is not your registered paypal address. That is why you were not able to complete the payment initially.

I need you to either register this address with paypal, and make the payment again, or pay the extra shipping cost to Kuwait.

Regards,

Richard

Thanks Richard for the clarification although I've never really faced this issue before...

As I work between Kuwait and the UK, I have two addresses and obviously two different credit cards/bank accounts. Do you have a website that I can finalize this transaction on as by the time it reaches Kuwait, i'll already be back in the UK for Christmas/New Years.

Thanks

All you need to do is register your UK address with paypal, then you'll be able to make the payment through ebay.

I have a US address registered with paypal, then I pick books up when I go over there.

Understood; let me do that now.

Thanks for your assistance Richard and I'd be really grateful if you can hold on to the comic until this is finalized.

Cheers,

Ragheb

Updated made...but as I'm waiting for the refund to be credited back to my credit card (which i'm hoping is by tomorrow), I won't be able to do anything until then.

Hope you can bare with me for 24/36 hrs.

Thanks

New message from: raghe_uk (97Blue Star)

good morning..

Is the comic still available for sale? Couldn't find it in my shopping cart and it's no longer listed on ebay. Would be appreciate if you can send me the link to finalize payment.

Also, if this goes through today, when will we receive it? Reason i ask is the my wife travels on Saturday morning and no one will be around to sign for. If you would hold on to it, once paid, and mail it on the 20th of Dec, that would be great.

Thanks

YOU:

I've sent an invoice for the book. Failing that, it will still show in your Ebay purchase history, so you can pay from there.
If you pay today, we can ship for Friday delivery.

HI,

I haven't received an invoice request and on my ebay purchase history, it's not giving me an option to pay you.

Can you do what you did last time and send a payment request to paypal?

Thanks

OK, payment made...please confirm receipt and that all's in order.

Also, can you please send it to the address in Barnsley which i provided a few days ago.

thanks

Ragheb

You've used the wrong address again !

I told you perfectly clearly that we are NOT ALLOWED to send to a non-paypal registered address.
Now I have to refund you again until you can complete the payment with the Barnsley address, which is already showing on ebay.

You know what. Forget it. Just give me my money back. I really don't appreciate the tone of your email. I'm no longer interested in making a purchase. 

Thanks for your assistance

How do you think I feel ?

I know I got annoyed with him, but wouldn't anybody ?

7 hours ago, quicksilver said:
How do you think I feel ?

I know I got annoyed with him, but wouldn't anybody ?

Yikes.

This sounds like an Instagram deal for five $1 books. Some people just don't get it. 

12 minutes ago, Timmay said:

Another deadbeat; made an offer, I accepted, never paid.

dfrshness ( Feedback Score Of4 )

I just don't understand this at all---why make the offer then??

This just happened to me too!  Different buyer (rjordanx2).  They send an offer...it was auto-declined.  They send another offer....I accept and within 2 minutes, they request a cancellation.  WTF?  What is wrong with these people??

eBay blocked bidder list... 1mumba24 ...cancelled bid(s) with 1 day left in auction ...explanation of "item description changed" ...item description was NEVER changed....the buyer also NEVER contacted me as of this writing...avoid this buyer/bidder!

How do you guys feel about a bidder who after he wins the item says he doesn't want it, even though the TITLE of the listing, the item description and photos are EXTREMELY clear? Basically guy bid and won an exclusive Zenescope POST CARD but messages saying he thought it was a comic (contrary to listing TITLE , item description and all pics,etc).  The back scan clearly shows it is a post card with place for stamp.

I cancelled the order for him. Added him to my blocked bidder list but not sure if he qualifies to be cited here...

On 12/8/2017 at 12:31 PM, Mapleleafvann said:

I just don't understand this at all---why make the offer then??

This just happened to me too!  Different buyer (rjordanx2).  They send an offer...it was auto-declined.  They send another offer....I accept and within 2 minutes, they request a cancellation.  WTF?  What is wrong with these people??

I accepted an offer once and the "buyer" sent me a message saying they didn't realize how Best Offer works and didn't want it.