• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,599 posts in this topic

Wow, that stinks. This is why I try to put insurance on most slabs that I sell. It doesn't cost much and gives the buyer a little peace of mind. Plus tons of Bubble Wrap goes a looooong way!

But on what should be done, definitely a SS pile for later or return them unless you got a good bargain. The seller definitely needs to take responsibility though....and yes, who is this seller???? :frown:

16 minutes ago, martini25 said:

Wow, that stinks. This is why I try to put insurance on most slabs that I sell. It doesn't cost much and gives the buyer a little peace of mind. Plus tons of Bubble Wrap goes a looooong way!

But on what should be done, definitely a SS pile for later or return them unless you got a good bargain. The seller definitely needs to take responsibility though....and yes, who is this seller???? :frown:

I’m of a similar opinion. 

Unless it’s 1) books that I think will be difficult to find in grade again 2) I got a smoking good deal on the price making it worth my time/effort/money to fix or 3) I was intending to crack them out anyway, I would just box the whole thing up and send it back on the seller’s dime. 

Considering the seller’s denial of any responsibility regarding the damage, I think Mr. I-Always-Get-Compliments should be the one to figure out how to turn these lemons into lemonade. 

I suspect the seller won’t get outed until it can be determined if a half-way amicable solution can be reached. 

3 hours ago, martini25 said:

I probably won't reveal the seller, depending on the outcome. There are bad actors here who would have no problem contacting the seller and trying to damage negotiations. This hurts the seller, because it encourages them to entrench, rather than work it out. Of course, these bad actors don't care, so long as they can achieve some measure of petty vengeance in their mind. A prime example has already posted. It's happened before, and it will certainly happen again. It's the world we live in. 

If negotiations fail completely, I'll post the seller, since this is an issue that affects future slab buyers of theirs. It's looking promising. We'll see. The seller has been professionally courteous, so that's a plus. I sent a note saying essentially that it was great that the seller has never had a problem like this before, but it would be nice if they could acknowledge that this time, their procedure failed, and it would be nice not to have to haggle about it.

Edited by RockMyAmadeus

Don't you hate it when you have someone already blocked and they create a new account and they hope that you don't remember them

levesqu_67

This is his new account, Originally block was mariolev07. I reported this to eBay and they verified that it came from the same person, Also eBay told me this person have a total of 8 accounts, The ebay rep couldn't tell me the others

On 2/24/2018 at 1:44 AM, Mapleleafvann said:

Very, very sad.  Just the numeric 129, 181 and 300 are enough to divert attention to their listing.  Thank you for pointing this out so clearly as I can now see why certain junk shows up on my filters when I never wanted that.  

Two things here though;. Does this ever actually work?  I mean the variance between turning people off and increased sales.  Are there notable differences??  I ask this because the eBay platform "suggests" you make these change to your listing.  You could be listing a Batman book and they will still suggest a Spiderman link....you could be listing a VF/NM book and eBay suggests you link it to NM+.  I have never done that as that is not what I am selling....but it seems to me that eBay encourages and enables these kinds of transactions.  

When you think about it, the more sales the better for them as that is how they get paid....the ultimate turnover ruse exemplified electronically.  

In its minutiae and aggregate.....this really explains quite a bit.

I just scheduled some lots of "Web of Spider-Man". When I created the listings with "Web of Spider-Man Lot of 10..." in the title, eBay suggested key words "Star Wars 1" and Genre: War. :insane:

Stefanvommen9

was not satisfied with the slab he received so opened a case with eBay without contacting me first. While I disagreed with the reasons he gave (which include the heat seal from across the street as a defect doh!) I in the end decided to agree with the return.

However as he did not return the slab eBay closed the case in my favour. You would think it stopped there. Nope - immediately after the buyer contacts his card issuer for a chargeback so now have to deal with that. Seems like he wishes to both keep the slab as well as his money.

Edited by Poka
Spelling

jludwig2012jeb

This winner went back and forth with several offers on a book, I accepted and then 30 minutes later I get a message from eBay that the user requested to cancel the order. Total time waster.

If he wasn't from Canada I would've assumed it was a certain "special" person from these boards who likes to muck up other peoples business.

9 hours ago, Poka said:

Stefanvommen9

was not satisfied with the slab he received so opened a case with eBay without contacting me first. While I disagreed with the reasons he gave (which include the heat seal from across the street as a defect doh!) I in the end decided to agree with the return.

However as he did not return the slab eBay closed the case in my favour. You would think it stopped there. Nope - immediately after the buyer contacts his card issuer for a chargeback so now have to deal with that. Seems like he wishes to both keep the slab as well as his money.

Tried to block this guy, but it is coming back as an Invalid User ID

11 hours ago, Poka said:

Stefanvommen9

So very blocked.  Thrill bidders can at least amuse you with their excuses, this clown is just trying to commit outright theft.  Curious - since homeboy is listed in the Netherlands, did you use the global shipping program?

9 hours ago, mattn792 said:

So very blocked.  Thrill bidders can at least amuse you with their excuses, this clown is just trying to commit outright theft.  Curious - since homeboy is listed in the Netherlands, did you use the global shipping program?

Nope. I have to say this is the first time I am considering filing a police report for chargeback fraud. Anyway - will see how it develops.

On 2/23/2018 at 9:03 AM, Poka said:

Blackerfriday (https://www.ebay.com/usr/blackerfriday). Newbie who is returning a completely new slab because of what appears to be a minor scratch.

so should I block or ask CGC for a refund - lol

blocked.

ok. I got the slab back from this guy and as expected - there is not a single scratch so 1 out of 2 scenarios

1. The guy regretted his buy and wanted me to pay for the return shipping, or

2. the guy mistook the edges of the inner holder as scratches to the slab. It is a bit far-fetched but buyer is a newbie and it is the only other explanation I can offer.

Well - I have reported buyer to ebay for what's worth

pictures attached (back is similar to front)

IMG_7757.JPG

IMG_7758 (2).jpg

IMG_7759 (2).jpg