• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,586 posts in this topic

On 3/25/2018 at 7:45 AM, DR.X said:

Some really strong selling points in this listing. What an insufficiently_thoughtful_person. I always buy books from this type of seller. I mean, what's not to trust. lol

THERE IS NO GRADE ON THIS BOOK. hm

WE ARE MAKING NO GRADE GUARANTEES. :screwy:

YOUR CRY BABIES, AND WE DON'T WANT YOUR BIDS. ???

THIS IS THE REAL DEAL. xD

EITHER BID OR MOVE ON. YOU WILL NOT BE MISSED ! THIS POSTING IS FOR COMIC BOOK PEOPLE ! doh!  

I'd like to meet someone like this and have a discussion on how to do business instead of being a tit.

68volts

Used Buy-It-Now to purchase autograph card.

Paid for the card. 

Immediately contacts wanting me to cancel as purchase was a “mistake”

Edit to add: 

got the user name wrong, it’s actually 68volts, not 69volts  

And it’s possible that he’s not just a flake but also a scammer. 

His payment was through PayPal (got an e-mail from them when he paid, payment shows posted in my PayPal summery). When I clicked the Issue Refund button to cancel the transaction eBay issued him a refund through PayPal (again, refund to him is posted in my PayPal summery) 

Just got a message from 68volts claiming he didn’t pay with PayPal and that I need to issue him a refund via cash card. 

Pretty sure this is a scam unless he’s just a complete doofus, going to call PayPal now, just to make sure my bases are covered. 

Edited by Number 6
Correct name of eBay user

Heres a great one: the-morgann

Opens a case saying they haven't received the item and wants tracking info. Buyer chose a shipping option that does not include tracking. The funny part to me is that the option they chose has a 12 business day shipping quote. They bought the item on the 27th, paid the 28th, dropped off at the post office on the 29th. Easter was that weekend and their was no mail service on the 30th or 2nd. That means its only been 6 business days. How can they even be allowed to open a request when the shipping quote time hasn't ended yet!?

30 minutes ago, jcmacdonald85 said:

Heres a great one: the-morgann

Opens a case saying they haven't received the item and wants tracking info. Buyer chose a shipping option that does not include tracking. The funny part to me is that the option they chose has a 12 business day shipping quote. They bought the item on the 27th, paid the 28th, dropped off at the post office on the 29th. Easter was that weekend and their was no mail service on the 30th or 2nd. That means its only been 6 business days. How can they even be allowed to open a request when the shipping quote time hasn't ended yet!?

Not trying to rub salt into your experience, but why on earth would you even offer a shipping method that doesn't allow tracking?  To protect yourself ALWAYS get the tracking.....  

3 minutes ago, Mapleleafvann said:

Not trying to rub salt into your experience, but why on earth would you even offer a shipping method that doesn't allow tracking?  To protect yourself ALWAYS get the tracking.....  

This x 100! Never, ever ever fail to get tracking. If the buyer is at all shady, he'll get the item and then file a claim with eBay. And you'll lose the money. Got burned by a person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed pulling that mess once. NEVER AGAIN.

11 hours ago, Mapleleafvann said:

When I started on eBay 5 years ago I use to list with only offering tracking but my items never sold and I was asked all the time why my shipping costs were so high. When I looked into it I realized that a lot of other sellers in Canada were offering much lower prices and that's why my items weren't selling. Domestically I offer shipping options with tracking and non-tracking - to the US and internationally I only ship with tracking - and have never had anyone pull this on me.

7 hours ago, jcmacdonald85 said:

When I started on eBay 5 years ago I use to list with only offering tracking but my items never sold and I was asked all the time why my shipping costs were so high. When I looked into it I realized that a lot of other sellers in Canada were offering much lower prices and that's why my items weren't selling. Domestically I offer shipping options with tracking and non-tracking - to the US and internationally I only ship with tracking - and have never had anyone pull this on me.

Are you generating your postage and printing your mailing labels through ebay?

Perhaps you guys have had a similar experience to this. I'm looking for some advice.

A buyer purchases a book from me for just under $400 USD.

He has no feedback and just opened his account 2-3 prior to buying my book. I contact him to ask him if he's got feedback from any other website/forum and I express my concerns.

He gets upset. Writes me a few long messages that are unnecessary. He does go on to say that he's made purchases for other books (as much as $700 on eBay) and when he pays, sellers ship to him. Yet, he still has 0 feedback.

Because I don't believe him and he grew increasingly angry, I cancelled the order and he was refunded all of his money. He proceeds to leave a negative feedback (I didn't even know someone could leave a feedback for a transaction that didn't happen) and eBay is giving me a hard time about removing it.

I'm not surprised that with eBay i'm getting the raw end of the deal here

Edited by Michelangelo

18 minutes ago, Michelangelo said:

Perhaps you guys have had a similar experience to this. I'm looking for some advice.

A buyer purchases a book from me for just under $400 USD.

He has no feedback and just opened his account 2-3 prior to buying my book. I contact him to ask him if he's got feedback from any other website/forum and I express my concerns.

He gets upset. Writes me a few long messages that are unnecessary. He does go on to say that he's made purchases for other books (as much as $700 on eBay) and when he pays, sellers ship to him. Yet, he still has 0 feedback.

Because I don't believe him and he grew increasingly angry, I cancelled the order and he was refunded all of his money. He proceeds to leave a negative feedback (I didn't even know someone could leave a feedback for a transaction that didn't happen) and eBay is giving me a hard time about removing it.

I'm not surprised that with eBay i'm getting the raw end of the deal here

They will not remove. It is always a choice of the book or the potential neg. you can send up a rule in eBay that you do not sell to buyers with few feedback. Personally I have never had any issues with any zero feedback buyers. The few problems I have had have been with buyers who have 15-30 feedbacks and now think they are experts

Edited by Poka
Spelling

It's such an P*off dealing with eBay

I think I'm done with them. 

I've been an eBay customer for years, paid high fees and they go take the side of a guy who opened an account 2-3 weeks ago. 

Plus, I can't leave a feedback for the buyer because eBay doesn't want retaliatory feedback

Edited by Michelangelo

3 minutes ago, Michelangelo said:

It's such an P*off dealing with eBay

I think I'm done with them. 

I've been an eBay customer for years, paid high fees and they go take the side of a guy who opened an account 2-3 weeks ago. 

Plus, I can't leave a feedback myself for the seller!

I hate to say it, but I think you were the architect of your own pain in this situation.  I can totally understand your trepidation in dealing with brand new folks, but if you've had experience on eBay for years (like you say), then you've dealt with quite a few new people and should be used to this.  If the book is $400 and the guy or girl paid....mail them the book.  If the book is $50, mail them the book.  If not, why are you not mailing them the book?  It was for sale wasn't it?  Then you proceed to call someone's integrity into question without any proof....other than they are new.  You see how someone could interpret this as you being the total antagonist in this situation.....

Now, since you've had experience on eBay, for a $400 item, you should have insisted on priority mail with signature verification....that way, there is at least a signature confirmation that the book was accepted at the correct location.  I'm not saying that there aren't unscrupulous people out there.....clearly look at the title of this thread, but new people shouldn't necessarily be avoided because of little to no feedback....and again, there are additional postal options to consider for your added protection.

2 minutes ago, Mapleleafvann said:

I hate to say it, but I think you were the architect of your own pain in this situation.  I can totally understand your trepidation in dealing with brand new folks, but if you've had experience on eBay for years (like you say), then you've dealt with quite a few new people and should be used to this.  If the book is $400 and the guy or girl paid....mail them the book.  If the book is $50, mail them the book.  If not, why are you not mailing them the book?  It was for sale wasn't it?  Then you proceed to call someone's integrity into question without any proof....other than they are new.  You see how someone could interpret this as you being the total antagonist in this situation.....

Now, since you've had experience on eBay, for a $400 item, you should have insisted on priority mail with signature verification....that way, there is at least a signature confirmation that the book was accepted at the correct location.  I'm not saying that there aren't unscrupulous people out there.....clearly look at the title of this thread, but new people shouldn't necessarily be avoided because of little to no feedback....and again, there are additional postal options to consider for your added protection.

Thanks for the reply - I realize everyone starts somewhere with feedback.

That's why I contacted him - however, it was his immediate negative reaction and him claiming to have bought many high dollar books on eBay (still without even 1 feedback) that made me seriously doubt him. which is ultimately why I cancelled the order

5 minutes ago, Michelangelo said:

Thanks for the reply - I realize everyone starts somewhere with feedback.

That's why I contacted him - however, it was his immediate negative reaction and him claiming to have bought many high dollar books on eBay (still without even 1 feedback) that made me seriously doubt him. which is ultimately why I cancelled the order

You certainly do have a point though---if they were overly indignant right at the beginning, that's a pretty large defensive posture for no good reason.  That just might raise a red flag or two on my radar as well. 

Here’s a big one to add... Supafly_K

Sold books to him (he’s in Hawaii).  They seemed to go missing via tracking .. in that for like 7 days days the tracking didn’t change between SF and Hawaii.  I’d never seen that before,  He contacted me and asked if I had any info on the package, so I checked with my friend at the PO and she said that sometimes en route from CA to HI a package can get delayed for 5-15 days.. and as long as the tracking doesn’t go red, just be patient it’ll turn up.

I told him this, but the guy with a feedback of 17 knew better... and demanded a refund.  I told him that it stinks this had happened but that I was pretty sure the books were coming.  Well 24 hours later he submitted a request for a refund and said he waited like I asked and the package hadn’t arrived.  I asked what he’d do when the package arrived two days later? I asked if he would take care of return shipping and he said he would.

So I refunded him (make the buyer happy) and then of course 24 hours later the books arrived.  I asked him to just pay for the books again, but he said that day he went to store and bought the same books (yeah right) but he’d be happy to send these back if I sent him money for shipping. I explained how no way should this be on me, plus we discussed this... and he said just his time in discussing this was his gift to me.

I told him that he has my books, which he’d paid for originally.  If he decides to keep them and pay $0 for them, that’s up to him.  But I”m not adding to my misery on this by sending HIM more money.   He has not responded.

Anyway.   High maintenance.  Unreasonable. Dishonest.  And not really a very nice guy.   Checks off all my boxes for a big old block. .