• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,560 posts in this topic

I had a fun one today... a buyer opened a request for a refund, claiming not to have received an issue of New Mutants he had purchased from me.

The book shipped on April 3, and -unbeknownst to the buyer- I had added tracking, which showed successful delivery at 12:06 pm on April 5. When I pointed this out and provided the tracking number, he withdrew his request.

The buyer's ID is adrian293411

Although the spate of non paying bidders is almost overwhelming these days, this situation warranted noting.

nic8612

Purchases a book in FEBRUARY.  Does not pay.  Does not respond to inquiries.  After a week, he 

sends a cancellation request which is approved.  Book is relisted and sells.

Fast forward 2 months, when he leaves a negative feedback stating he never received his book.

Not only is the eBay system not supposed to allow that chain of events, but it takes about a half hour 

of arguing to get it removed.

Removed it is, but the inanity of the whole situation, plus the fact that I still have never had communication 

with this person.....save yourself the headache.

jparra112

He's the guy who sold me an X-Men #123 CGC 9.8, then shipped the slab in a single layer bubble mailer, inside an otherwise emtpy Med Flate Rate type box:

DSCF4789.thumb.JPG.b76cc512c20ab496f1ba0b06711ac1cd.JPG

(Yes, that is EXACTLY what the box looked like when I opened it, and that was the bubble mailer the slab was in.)

And the resultant damage:

DSCF4782.thumb.JPG.fe266995d8ec9b2b1416ce4d1e77ecc3.JPG
DSCF4794.thumb.JPG.e27c1721802931b31b4e3edc83bacc51.JPG

Claims it was shipped UPS. It wasn't. It was shipped USPS, in a UPS box:

5ad90b2bebff2_infoerased.thumb.jpg.fed32da3d657ed497c0efa3d319a536a.jpg

Had to file a claim to get a refund. Seller wouldn't accept any responsibility, and even filed an appeal to the decision. He claims it was packed properly, still. I don't know what he imagines is proper packing, but a bubble wrap mailer banging around inside an empty box several sizes too large for it, isn't proper.

It would be interesting to imagine that someone at UPS took this package, took out all the packing material, then accessed his eBay/USPS shipping account and printed a pre-paid label with his name on it, then shipped it to me via USPS. 

Interesting...but not remotely believable.

I like to think I helped the guy out when I returned the slab by including a sufficient amount of wadded packing paper to prevent further damage to the slab and book. 

5 hours ago, deathtohemingway said:

Not only is the eBay system not supposed to allow that chain of events, but it takes about a half hour 

of arguing to get it removed.

Removed it is, but the inanity of the whole situation, plus the fact that I still have never had communication 

with this person.....save yourself the headache.

Somewhere, somewhen, the utter frustration that these eBay drones subject people to is going to be visited upon them. 

It's like it's a contest to see just how much they can anger their customers, and every year they award the winner a car full of balut. 

kramerarts

All I can say about this guy is....holy goosh, what a hot mess.

So, pull up a seat, this will take a while.

In early March, I bid on, and won, three auctions from this guy:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Black-Panther-1-Four-KEYS-4-Issues-All-in-1-Auction-Jan-1977-Marvel-Comics-/173172841081?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&nma=true&si=h27Eu9oQBRIusaPpA0bWMZnhXas%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

https://www.ebay.com/itm/X-MEN-95-96-97-98-99-100-Key-LOT-NICE-Early-X-MEN-Wolverine-Marvel-Comics/391986235469?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

https://www.ebay.com/itm/X-MEN-102-103-104-105-106-107-108-109-110-111-Nice-LOT-Early-New-X-MEN-Marvel/391986237829?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Now, when I received the books, I was preparing for four weeks of convention madness. In the course of 4 weeks, I worked Wondercon (Mar 23-25), then Indiana Comicon (Mar 30-Apr 2), C2E2, including Diamond Retailer Summit (Apr 4-Apr 7), then Silicon Valley Comicon (Apr 8...yes, I flew from Chicago to LA on the 7th, drove from LA to San Jose the same day, and then went to the SVCC the next day...mainly because I'm crazy), and finally the Sac Anime Con last Sunday, April 15.

So...I didn't have time to thoroughly inspect the books. That's on me. But the guy had a 30 day return policy, so I knew I had some time, AND...well, there's more.

So, the Black Panther lot I was looking forward to, because the guy stated the books had lots of pressing potential, and I could take advantage of onsite grading at C2E2. What the seller "neglected" to mention, however, is that all four books had rusty staples.

:facepalm:

His initial response made me chuckle: "I don't remember seeing any rust on the staples, but I'll take your word for it. Sometimes staples come in darker shades due to the metal they were made from, so maybe take a closer look?"

meh

After assuring him that, yes, all four books had RUST to varying degrees, I told him I might still be able to work it out. I made him a proposition. I said I would do the press work necessary on the books (yes, between Indy and C2E2!), and if any books graded 8.0 or below...the "break even" grade...he would pay for slabbing and shipping (I was sitting at a business computer in Indianapolis at midnight or so, so I forgot to say "yes, and PRESSING ISN'T FREE") and I would send those back to him...any books that graded 8.5 or higher I would consider a "wash."

Nevermind that I should NOT have had to pay what I had to pay for the books anyways...the books had RUSTY STAPLES, and therefore sold for more than they would have had this been mentioned. I was giving him quite a deal. And, of course, he went for it. He sent me a suggestion that I'd never heard of for "removing" the rust:

"Oh and please keep my vibrating toothbrush secret between you and me. Certain areas may need more pressure and time, but be sure to remove all the dust that’s the key. I’ve done it many times and never been caught in grading, they look for scratches on cleaned staples....but a good vibrating tooth brush with soft bristles gets rid of 90% and sometimes all of the corrosion with no scratches because the bristles are unable to scratch and if anything they blend any leftover corrosion smooth scratch free."

If that's true...and I suspect it isn't, but who knows...then I believe that would result in a Restored or Qualified grade, with "staples cleaned" as the note. Note what the guy says: "I've done it many times and never been caught in grading." Uh huh. 

So...why didn't this guy do it on these? He expects me to do restoration work for him, which he assures me "won't get caught"? I'll grant that he may not have seen the rust...which I doubt; it's completely obvious with the books in hand, and which the grader's notes attest...but then suggesting I do this work that was his responsibility in the first place? I tell him "no, the rusty staples are the whole reason for this exercise. I am neither qualified nor experienced to do such work, which would almost certainly result in a Qualified or Restored grade."

When I mentioned that he would have to pay for pressing, he flipped his lid, and jumped up and down, saying "you didn't say anything about that!!!"

To which I replied..."dude...yes, I didn't mention a cost for pressing, but you're going to get BETTER books back than you sent me, and you think that's free...? Do you think that's fair? Do you think that's equitable? That someone else do work for you, for which you are unwilling to compensate them?" And that, on top of wanting me to remove the rust, but offering nothing for the service?

He still wigged out, but apparently was able to control himself enough to agree to pay the horrendous $15/book charge I thought was MORE than fair.

Remember: the books weren't worth what they sold for in the first place, because all four staples were RUSTY. I SHOULD have just returned them, but...hey, I'm a sucker for a gamble.

In any event, I pressed them, they turned out really well....but the rusty staples killed them all. 8.0, 8.0, 8.5, and 9.0.

Notes:

8.5 - Light staple rusted
Tear top of back cover

9.0 - light staple rusted

8.0 - bindary tear bottom of back cover
light crease right bottom of front cover breaks color
light staple rusted
rust stain right center of back cover

8.0 - creasing lower right edge front cover breaks color
staple rusted

So, I write the guy back, and he says to send him the total cost for the two he agreed to. I had mentioned earlier that a partial refund might work, and he suggested $100, which I said would be fine, but let's wait for results. So he sends me a message, and I tell him to please wait until I got home. Instead of waiting, he just sends the $100 refund.

Ok, fine. Whatever.

But then...I have the chance to look over the REST of the books...and while the X-Men #102-111 lot was acceptable...barely...the #95-100 lot was not. He described it as "NICE!" and "They are all higher mid-grade to higher grade comics."..which I interpret as 7.0-9.0. Unfortunately, they're all about 5.0-8.0 (and #100 and #95, the most valuable, are 5.0-ish and 7.0-ish.) I explain to him that it doesn't make sense to pay MORE for raw books than the same books already slabbed, and I'd like to return them. I told him I'm sure he thought I was unreasonable, but that's how I look at it...and since it's my money, after all, I think that's pretty fair.

He says "sorry, yes you're unreasonable (shock!) and 30 days have passed. I will not accept a return."

Now...GRANTED...I passed the 30 day deadline. HOWEVER...it's not like I waited all this time and THEN contacted him. I contacted him on Mar 29...about 3 weeks after I got the box...but again, 1. I didn't expect there to be problems, as I'd communicated with this guy before, and 2. I was still, at that time, within his 30 days. And, I remained in contact with him throughout the process. Again, I acknowledge that I was now outside his 30 day "window"...but, if you claim to be concerned with having "100% customer satisfaction", why does that go out the door on day 31? I've had people contact me after 30 days...and you know what? I tell them to send it back.

In any event, that's when things got really ugly. I had, in the meantime, bid on and won two MORE lots from him, these:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Justice-League-of-America-12-13-14-15-16-17-18-19-20-KEY-Lot-9-issue-Run-DC/391991906839?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Justice-League-of-America-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-11-KEY-Lot-10-issue-Run-DC/391991894698?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Now...the JLA #2-11 lot is acceptable...again, barely...but when I opened the box (again, just got home after being on the road for several weeks)...I discover that 1. JLA #12 and #13 aren't even in the box, and 2. despite assurances that all books were "complete", issue #15 has a page torn out.

None of these things, in and of themselves, is a big deal.

But ALL of them TOGETHER...?

This guy is a hot mess. And he claims he runs an "honest and quality operation."

meh

Anyhoo...I called eBay and asked them how to file a claim when some of the items are missing, and guess what? The only option I have if the seller won't cooperate is to send what I have received back. Yay. And now, of course, we're in the snarky back and forth messaging phase. And, I left negative feedback for the missing books, the overgraded books, and the rusty stapled Black Panthers, and just the general attitude...and, as usual, another seller calls in to eBay and cries to them to get two (so far) removed. I'll be calling back in the morning to have them reinstated.

There's no point in having a feedback system if sellers can convince foolish eBay agents to ignore eBay policy so easily. We'll see how successful I am.

I don't want to accuse the guy of outright fraud, because, really, I don't know his motives. But...rusty staples, won't accept a late return even with extenuating circumstances, 2 out of 9 books not even in the box, and a book with a page torn out...? And, on top of all of those "mistakes", cops an attitude about the whole thing?

This guy's either grossly negligent, or he's just fishing for suckers, overstating the conditions of his books, hoping for fools to bid more than the books are worth. "Honest", he is not.

Edited by RockMyAmadeus

A relatively minor one, but I'm bored...

buyer offers £7.50, I counter at £9.00, he counters at £9.50, I ignore it, it expires.

He comes back after a while with £10.00...hoo hoo, 50p more than I said he could have it for !

Five minutes (no more) later...

New message from: eddieswhitelegs (985Purple Star)

iam sorry didn't mean to buy the comic can you refund me please sorry

4 hours ago, quicksilver said:

A relatively minor one, but I'm bored...

buyer offers £7.50, I counter at £9.00, he counters at £9.50, I ignore it, it expires.

He comes back after a while with £10.00...hoo hoo, 50p more than I said he could have it for !

Five minutes (no more) later...

New message from: eddieswhitelegs (985Purple Star)

iam sorry didn't mean to buy the comic can you refund me please sorry

No wonder he's got white legs, he obviously doesn't get out much!

3 hours ago, Turtle said:

I'd say I'd agree with the strong majority of the subjects you post here on the boards, but if I'm being honest, I had a hard time reading this one. 

As I was reading, I started putting myself in the seller's shoes and I asked myself what I would do in this situation.  Below are some thoughts that went through my head while reading:

"He received the box and waited 3 weeks to open it!?  He's too busy to carve out 5 minutes over the course of 20+ days to inspect the contents of a box he ordered?  :eyeroll:  Seems like a bit of a red flag, but he's still within my generous return policy window, so I'll refund him if it gets that far."

"He says he's not happy with the condition of the books, but is suggesting a convoluted plan by which he's going to press them and grade them, sticking me with the cost of anything that doesn't grade out to his liking?  Big red flag.  Hard pass.  I don't even offer partial refunds, so this nonsense certainly isn't going to fly.  I'll just offer him a refund and my apologies for the inconvenience."

"So he lays out a detailed plan to try to save the situation and he tells me that I will have to pay for grading and shipping.  Ok fine.  Hang on...now he's tacking on pressing?  Why didn't he say that up front?  If I agree to that, will he hit me with a handling charge next?"

"Wait...so he wasn't pleased with one batch of books but then didn't think to look at the other boxes of books that I sent him until after the window for returns has passed?  And he's winning more of my auctions in the meantime?  Am I getting scammed?  What's this guy's angle?"

Look, I understand that there are explanations for your actions.  You've even mentioned a few in your original post (travelling, sucker for a gamble, etc.).  However, none of this changes the fact that as soon as you weren't satisfied with the books you received, you should have initiated the refund process.  This doesn't fall completely on you, though.  The seller should have turned down your offer and just suggested a full refund.  Apparently he's a sucker for a gamble too. 

Based on what was written, I don't think that this guy is out to scam you.  Is he at least a little negligent for missing torn out pages or describing comics as "NICE!" in his descriptions?  Probably.  And his rust removal process doesn't cast him in a great light.  But I could easily see someone posting in this thread the reverse of this situation.

I sent a buyer a few boxes of books.  THREE WEEKS after he received them, he tells me he's not happy with them, but instead of a refund, he wants them pressed and graded on my dime.  AVOID AT ALL COSTS!

Look at this same situation from the seller's perspective, keeping in mind that he only has the information you've told him.  From his perspective, it may seem a bit like you're trying to pull a fast one on him.  Anyone who knows you via these boards knows that's not the case, but he doesn't know that. 

All I'm saying is that mistakes were made on both sides.  Given your knowledge of eBay's systems and the fact that you're the buyer in this situation, I'm willing to wager that eBay will ultimately side in your favor.  I'm just not sure that your post, as-written, is exactly fair to the seller as it removes your responsibility from the equation.  Take this experience as a lesson and remember it the next time you get an item that isn't as it was described on ebay

I understand your point. I don't agree with it, but I certainly understand your perspective.

My response is this: if you have a 30 day return policy, it doesn't matter when the buyer notifies you that there's a problem. It can be on day 1, or it can be on day 30 (which would be more than FOUR weeks at that point.)

So, in that sense, your "he waited THREE WEEKS?" is rendered moot, because...again...a 30 day return policy is a longer period than three weeks. A seller with such a policy has no right...legal OR philosophical...to complain if a buyer expressed dissatisfaction at any point during that timeframe. They CAN say, on Day 31, "sorry, that's outside of my return policy", and they would be within their rights...but again, I go back to the "if you're really concerned about customer service, denying a claim on Day 31 disproves that." There are sellers here who have taken back books that were discovered to have problems YEARS after the transaction...were they obligated to? No, of course not, not at all! But they did, because they were genuinely concerned with customer service.

If a 30 day return policy bothers a seller, there is nothing forcing the seller to have a 30 day return policy. Right...?

(One fact check: you claim that I "won more auctions in the meantime", implying that I bid on and won more auctions AFTER discovering the first batch wasn't to my liking. That wasn't the case. I won two more auctions on Mar 11, but that was only 8 days after the first batch. I didn't have the chance to go over the first box until a couple of weeks later. And you can't simply make up arguments on behalf of the seller, like "I don't even offer partial refunds", and present them as potentially the seller's frame of mind...how do you know? You're projecting your opinion onto this seller, and that's not being very fair to me. In fact, a partial refund is exactly what ended up happening with the BP lot.)

As for your contention that "he wants them pressed and graded on my dime", well, of course! The seller would have gotten books back that were A. graded, and B. better than they were when they left his hands. Look at the BP #1 in the bottom right of the picture. That book had a severe stacking roll at the spine. That book wasn't getting better than a 6.0 as it stood. But the grade it got was 8.0.

Those things...as you well know...have value. The seller was perfectly free to reject the terms of the proposal...and he agreed to them, and, what's more, paying for grading and pressing is hardly an unreasonable expense for a seller who would get back books that were A. graded, and B. pressed. There was no force involved, there was no coercion, the seller was free to reject the proposal and simply ask for the books back. Again: the seller agreed to the proposal. At that point, your "red flag" argument is also rendered moot. There wasn't anything convoluted about it: press, sub, return books that don't meet a certain grade threshold for a refund. What's "convoluted" about that?

Remember: that second box was missing JLA #12 and #13 before Day 1. That JLA #15 was sitting in that box with a page torn out before Day 1. Those Black Panthers all had undisclosed rusty staples before Day 1. Those were real problems that really existed, not mere disagreements about grading. A "30 day return policy" does not cover situations in which the items aren't even sent.

By the way...it takes a bit more time than 5 minutes to accurately inspect 20 comics, especially if they're marginal, and you have to determine whether they're acceptable or outside of that. When it's on the edge of acceptable or not, it takes a bit more time...and often research (like looking up GPA and completely eBay sales, for example)...to determine if the books are worth to you, the buyer, what you paid for them.

But I do thank you for providing your perspective, because I value your opinion. :)

Edited by RockMyAmadeus

2 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

I'm just not sure that your post, as-written, is exactly fair to the seller as it removes your responsibility from the equation.  Take this experience as a lesson and remember it the next time you get an item that isn't as it was described on ebay

One more quick comment about this: I get items that aren't as described on eBay on a regular basis. So have you. Such behavior is precisely why CGC, and thus this board, exists. I've known you for a very long time, and you've known me. We've met and talked in person. We've exchanged dialogue, here. I have enough respect for you to not lecture you, however respectfully, about taking lessons from eBay transactions, considering that, between the two of us, we probably have 100,000 or more transactions on eBay under our belts, and are both well aware of how eBay works.

Your contention, that my post as-written removes my responsibility from the equation, is inaccurate. I freely confessed...and didn't have to, by the way...that I forgot to mention that pressing would be a cost AFTER the seller agreed to the proposal. That's on me. And, yes, the seller balked. I appealed to him as a gentleman to consider the circumstances, and he backed down. It is common sense to me that if you get a service, you should pay for that service. But if he hadn't, I would have had to eat that. That's me accepting my responsibility in the situation. I freely confessed that I was outside his 30 day window for the X-Men transaction. That's me accepting my responsibility in the situation.

If we're going to be fair, let's be completely fair.

PS. I wonder how many "likes" my rebuttal will get. :D

Edited by RockMyAmadeus

On 4/23/2018 at 6:28 AM, Turtle said:

I sent a buyer a few boxes of books.  THREE WEEKS after he received them, he tells me he's not happy with them, but instead of a refund, he wants them pressed and graded on my dime.  AVOID AT ALL COSTS!

:busy:

Edited by kav

I understand your point. I don't agree with it, but I certainly understand your perspective.

My response is this: if you have a 30 day return policy, it doesn't matter when the buyer notifies you that there's a problem. It can be on day 1, or it can be on day 30 (which would be more than FOUR weeks at that point.)

So, in that sense, your "he waited THREE WEEKS?" is rendered moot, because...again...a 30 day return policy is a longer period than three weeks. A seller with such a policy has no right...legal OR philosophical...to complain if a buyer expressed dissatisfaction at any point during that timeframe. They CAN say, on Day 31, "sorry, that's outside of my return policy", and they would be within their rights...but again, I go back to the "if you're really concerned about customer service, denying a claim on Day 31 disproves that." There are sellers here who have taken back books that were discovered to have problems YEARS after the transaction...were they obligated to? No, of course not, not at all! But they did, because they were genuinely concerned with customer service.

If a 30 day return policy bothers a seller, there is nothing forcing the seller to have a 30 day return policy. Right...?

(One fact check: you claim that I "won more auctions in the meantime", implying that I bid on and won more auctions AFTER discovering the first batch wasn't to my liking. That wasn't the case. I won two more auctions on Mar 11, but that was only 8 days after the first batch. I didn't have the chance to go over the first box until a couple of weeks later. And you can't simply make up arguments on behalf of the seller, like "I don't even offer partial refunds", and present them as potentially the seller's frame of mind...how do you know? You're projecting your opinion onto this seller, and that's not being very fair to me. In fact, a partial refund is exactly what ended up happening with the BP lot.)

As for your contention that "he wants them pressed and graded on my dime", well, of course! The seller would have gotten books back that were A. graded, and B. better than they were when they left his hands. Look at the BP #1 in the bottom right of the picture. That book had a severe stacking roll at the spine. That book wasn't getting better than a 6.0 as it stood. But the grade it got was 8.0.

Those things...as you well know...have value. The seller was perfectly free to reject the terms of the proposal...and he agreed to them, and, what's more, paying for grading and pressing is hardly an unreasonable expense for a seller who would get back books that were A. graded, and B. pressed. There was no force involved, there was no coercion, the seller was free to reject the proposal and simply ask for the books back. Again: the seller agreed to the proposal. At that point, your "red flag" argument is also rendered moot. There wasn't anything convoluted about it: press, sub, return books that don't meet a certain grade threshold for a refund. What's "convoluted" about that?

Remember: that second box was missing JLA #12 and #13 before Day 1. That JLA #15 was sitting in that box with a page torn out before Day 1. Those Black Panthers all had undisclosed rusty staples before Day 1. Those were real problems that really existed, not mere disagreements about grading. A "30 day return policy" does not cover situations in which the items aren't even sent.

By the way...it takes a bit more time than 5 minutes to accurately inspect 20 comics, especially if they're marginal, and you have to determine whether they're acceptable or outside of that. When it's on the edge of acceptable or not, it takes a bit more time...and often research (like looking up GPA and completely eBay sales, for example)...to determine if the books are worth to you, the buyer, what you paid for them.

But I do thank you for providing your perspective, because I value your opinion. :)

Just to clarify the fact check portion:

The first set of statements written in italics are things that went through my mind as I read through the post.  I didn't intend to project anything onto the seller.  I intended to BE the seller in this mental exercise.  The difference is subtle, but not inconsequential.  Those statements aren't what I think the seller was thinking.  The statements were what I would be thinking if I were in the seller's position.  Hence the part about not offering partial refunds...I don't offer them as a rule.  I don't presume to know the actual seller's policy on partial refunds.  And a red flag to me isn't necessarily a red flag for someone else.  I was going off my own experience.  I typed the statements out not to make an argument for the seller, but more to offer a perspective that maybe you hadn't considered. 

I'm certainly not taking the side of the seller.  In my mind, you're right.  Any seller worth his mettle would offer a hassle-free return on the books in this situation.  Stating the 30-day return policy has elapsed when you two have been in communication with each other for a while is lacking class.  I'd have taken that return and not even batted an eye. 

And you're not wrong.  Pressing does have value.  Your time does have value.  The seller did agree to your proposal.  And I'll give you that it does take more than 5 minutes to inspect 20 comics in this situation.  All given.

The mistake occurred before all that.  When the books weren't as described, the seller should be contacted and made aware.  Upon being made aware, the seller should have offered a full refund, shipping included.  Given how this played out, do you not agree with this?

One more quick comment about this: I get items that aren't as described on eBay on a regular basis. So have you. Such behavior is precisely why CGC, and thus this board, exists. I've known you for a very long time, and you've known me. We've met and talked in person. We've exchanged dialogue, here. I have enough respect for you to not lecture you, however respectfully, about taking lessons from eBay transactions, considering that, between the two of us, we probably have 100,000 or more transactions on eBay under our belts, and are both well aware of how eBay works.

Your contention, that my post as-written removes my responsibility from the equation, is inaccurate. I freely confessed...and didn't have to, by the way...that I forgot to mention that pressing would be a cost AFTER the seller agreed to the proposal. That's on me. And, yes, the seller balked. I appealed to him as a gentleman to consider the circumstances, and he backed down. It is common sense to me that if you get a service, you should pay for that service. But if he hadn't, I would have had to eat that. That's me accepting my responsibility in the situation. I freely confessed that I was outside his 30 day window for the X-Men transaction. That's me accepting my responsibility in the situation.

If we're going to be fair, let's be completely fair.

PS. I wonder how many "likes" my rebuttal will get. :D

True, you did confess that you missed the pressing portion of your initial proposal, but that's not the sticking point for me.  Maybe we see it differently, but to me, assuming responsibility would be admitting "I should have just gotten a refund, I made a mistake when I proposed anything different". 

All of this is really just splitting hairs.  My main point isn't that a mistake was made.  I'm not looking to rub anyone's nose in anything.  My purpose for writing my post was to offer a perspective you maybe hadn't considered.  Or maybe you had considered it and you simply don't agree (which is fine). 

In the end, we may not see eye-to-eye on this matter, but in the long run, who cares?  What I appreciate is that opposing viewpoints can be offered in a respectful way without devolving into petty name-calling.  I'll still appreciate your posts as much as I have for years.  Thanks for the response. 

1 minute ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

This is a provocative comment, meant solely to inflame conflict, regardless of any other merit it may or may not have. 

Thanks professor.

On 4/23/2018 at 12:28 PM, RockMyAmadeus said:

This is a provocative comment, meant solely to inflame conflict, regardless of any other merit it may or may not have. 

:busy:

Edited by kav