• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,579 posts in this topic

New insufficiently_thoughtful_person to block:

matthlewi_uwwxc

He bid, won some books, paid for them, then said he made an error and asked to unwind the sale. Avoid this insufficiently_thoughtful_person for sure.

Anyone ever deal with: corvaca
Bought a lot of three books from me and is now sending me pictures of one of the books saying they are all damaged and wants a refund. Will not send pictures of the other two books, the one he does send looks nothing like the one I sent him. I offered a refund if he returns the books (as I allow in my listings). He wants a full refund but refuses to send the books back.`

On 5/21/2018 at 7:15 PM, jcmacdonald85 said:

Anyone ever deal with: corvaca
Bought a lot of three books from me and is now sending me pictures of one of the books saying they are all damaged and wants a refund. Will not send pictures of the other two books, the one he does send looks nothing like the one I sent him. I offered a refund if he returns the books (as I allow in my listings). He wants a full refund but refuses to send the books back.`

Tell him to initiate a return through eBay. They will give him postage and hold his money hostage until the package is delivered. 

2 hours ago, 01TheDude said:

did you check their feedback -- looks like a negative flag show

https://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=gioaoj&ftab=AllFeedback

Sometimes people pass away or get hospitalized then you see feedback like this.

Edited by kav

2 hours ago, 01TheDude said:

did you check their feedback -- looks like a negative flag show

https://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=gioaoj&ftab=AllFeedback

12 minutes ago, kav said:

That probably does happen, but in this case, that's not likely.  Multiple feedbacks -- including one reply to a negative feedback -- mention the seller having a store, so unless it's a one-man operation, that's probably not what's happened here.  Of note, there's also three recent feedbacks -- all dealing with pre-sales like the recent batch of negatives -- that were revised from a previous neutral or negative, suggesting that someone on the seller's end did something to placate the buyer.  Whatever that was, they're not doing it (yet) for the other unhappy buyers who are out money. :facepalm:

In any case, whatever the reason, there's plenty of reason to avoid this seller like the plague at this point.

Edited by ChiSoxFan

3 minutes ago, ikoncomics said:

They have 2 stores here in north carolina

will not answer on facebook.

and most those neg feed back is for a book that has not even come out yet

Looking back at the orginal listings, the ASM #800 is stated in the listings to ship on May 30 (the scheduled release date from Marvel). I stopped collecting new books, for the most part, years ago, so I didn't even realize that it wasn't out yet. :tonofbricks:

With that the case, then did the buyer on that pre-sale not pay attention to the shipping date when pre-ordering? (Five of the negative feedbacks came from the same person for a total of $2500 on the ASM #800 -- the most recent two were on a Venom #1 that I believe has shipped, but I may be mistaken on that -- the store's shipping date was listed as the beginning of this month). I would think that one buyer would have known the release date of the book, considering the hefty cost they were shelling out. ???

I'm not sure about why the seller wouldn't be addressing the feedback -- maybe it's a case of them trying to get the negatives removed through eBay/  That said, this may be a case of "the buyer is one that should be avoided" if they're complaining about never getting shipped a book that hasn't even been released yet. As @fastballspecial said "The perils of the pre-sale" indeed. hm

On 5/26/2018 at 12:50 AM, kav said:

I had that once, paid for something, didn't receive it,,opened a case, and was immediately refunded, so,assume the guy died.

People were leaving negs, but all said they'd been refunded by ebay.

10 hours ago, quicksilver said:

I had that once, paid for something, didn't receive it,,opened a case, and was immediately refunded, so,assume the guy died.

People were leaving negs, but all said they'd been refunded by ebay.

Happened to me over 10 years ago. I was ordering lots of used CDs for cheap at the time. I didn't even realize I didn't receive one until I got a message from the seller apologizing because he was in a motorcycle accident and had to ship all the orders over a month past the sale date. He racked up like 30 negatives in that time. I got my $5 CD and left positive feedback. 

cisco_r_1_1 

This clown bought a $400 comic. Right after he won the auction, he asked to split payment in two, half this week and half in two weeks. I agreed.

The day after he says he will not pay, with some lame excuse about a father in law funeral and a ex wife drying his paypal account.

Avoid at all cost