• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,583 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Sensei Ryan said:

eBay ID: mutatede18 (Real Name: Leonard Mouton) email address: moodiemouton69@yahoo.com

Purchased two items from me (one on eBay and one through Paypal) two months ago (80 days ago) - opened two cases on Paypal claiming that he did not receive the item.  He did this for two disputes on my wife's Paypal account which I sometimes use.  I provided the tracking # to prove it was delivered.  80 days go by with no complaints, but now he 'doesn't remember purchasing them' even though I have 11 messages from him bargaining with me to purchase them (Paypal has them now, too).

He also purchased another two books from me a few days earlier on my eBay account - is now disputing that, too, claiming he didn't buy them.  Funny thing is, he already left me positive feedback for those two items.  Oops on his part.  Same tracking # + same messages provided to Paypal.

Whoever 'accessed' his account must be really polite to leave me positive feedback weeks after receiving the items.  Funny how that works out, huh?  His 2 feedback record over the course of the pst 3 months must mean he's legit.  Let's hope Paypal doesn't screw me over on these (trying to have faith).  SMH

blocked

On 2/26/2017 at 8:16 PM, KryptoSpidey said:

I hope Ebay ID UNCANNY_STASH  is not a Board member here

AVOID!!!

I've never bought from them and they have some auctions up right now I'd like to win.  Anyone else have any issues with them?  Feedback seems decent.

On 6/2/2018 at 12:48 AM, Sensei Ryan said:

eBay ID: mutatede18 (Real Name: Leonard Mouton) email address: moodiemouton69@yahoo.com

Purchased two items from me (one on eBay and one through Paypal) two months ago (80 days ago) - opened two cases on Paypal claiming that he did not receive the item.  He did this for two disputes on my wife's Paypal account which I sometimes use.  I provided the tracking # to prove it was delivered.  80 days go by with no complaints, but now he 'doesn't remember purchasing them' even though I have 11 messages from him bargaining with me to purchase them (Paypal has them now, too).

He also purchased another two books from me a few days earlier on my eBay account - is now disputing that, too, claiming he didn't buy them.  Funny thing is, he already left me positive feedback for those two items.  Oops on his part.  Same tracking # + same messages provided to Paypal.

Whoever 'accessed' his account must be really polite to leave me positive feedback weeks after receiving the items.  Funny how that works out, huh?  His 2 feedback record over the course of the pst 3 months must mean he's legit.  Let's hope Paypal doesn't screw me over on these (trying to have faith).  SMH

Sidenote: the con artist is located in Hawthorne, CA (anyone that comes across him and wants to verify address info please feel free to contact me but I would recommend avoiding like the plague).

That's ridiculous. Let us know how the case turns out.

2 hours ago, ygogolak said:

That's ridiculous. Let us know how the case turns out.

Paypal released the holds they had on what he paid me as they agreed with me and told me I was covered ... he filed a reverse charge with his credit card company and side-stepped Paypal.  It's still under review but I've been cleared and am good on my end...I just hate scum like this that tries to scam their way into more $ to buy more books and keep their fraudulent games going.

Avoid him at ALL costs.  I suspect he has multiple accounts and possibly uses other names to buy stuff with, too.  

Do you ever look at your Activity Log? It shows the huge problem with the bay. Buyers have a 100% feedback score, yet my settings don't allow them to bid because they have had too many unpaid item strikes. But on the surface they look fine.

1.jpg

5 hours ago, ygogolak said:

Do you ever look at your Activity Log? It shows the huge problem with the bay. Buyers have a 100% feedback score, yet my settings don't allow them to bid because they have had too many unpaid item strikes. But on the surface they look fine.

1.jpg

Yeah, it's always fun to check the activity log.

To me, this is one clear indication of how eBay is completely slanted in favor of the buyer.

The only reason the users above were blocked from bidding on your items is because you the seller took the time to add that to your buyer requirements.  But I'm sure there are numerous sellers who are unaware of those buyer requirement settings.  Thus, these serial non-payers will be able to "purchase" from them.

But honestly, why should sellers have to take the initiative to block users with more than 2 unpaid item strikes in the last 30 days?

If a user can't get their stuff together to pay for 3 different items within a 30 day period, shouldn't it be a GIVEN that they would be blocked?

Maybe I'm being too hard, but I would think that once a user hits 3 unpaid items in a month they really need a mandatory 30-day break from eBay to get their *ahem* financial situation straightened out; the block should be automatic.   

Edited by Number 6

38 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

To me, this is one clear indication of how eBay is completely slanted in favor of the buyer.

The only reason the users above were blocked from bidding on your items is because you the seller took the time to add that to your buyer requirements.  But I'm sure there are numerous sellers who are unaware of those buyer requirement settings.  Thus, these serial non-payers will be able to "purchase" from them.

But honestly, why should sellers have to take the initiative to block users with more than 2 unpaid item strikes in the last 30 days?

If a user can't get their stuff together to pay for 3 different items within a 30 day period, shouldn't it be a GIVEN that they would be blocked?

Maybe I'm being too hard, but I would think that once a user hits 3 unpaid items in a month they really need a mandatory 30-day break from eBay to get their *ahem* financial situation straightened out; the block should be automatic.   

It's things like this and getting ad packets in the mail even though you keep requesting it stop that make me wish I had super powers.  I would make it stop.  I would tell ebay-you're changing your policy-today-

1 hour ago, Number 6 said:

Exactly. Shouldn't a seller be protected by the platform they are paying for?

seller: zigcomics  link

can't block them but I am not planning on using them again. Understand that these are not high priced anything-- just some simple copper age books.

Ordered 5 books (X-Men  -  Muir Island Saga) combined shipping-- received them except 1 (the 4th of 5, with the 5th being an epilogue- so basically the most important book of the saga), seller was slow to communicate, then said they were trying to find one for me -- I told them that was fine, I would be patient. Then as soon as they could process a refund, did that instead of completing the order. Lousy packaging, uses media mail, and did not seem too concerned with my small purchase. Ended up giving them 4 positives for the books I did receive and 1 neutral for the one they refunded. I had to find another seller (and there were dozens available) but it cost me more money (and time) to complete the order myself.

TLDR: half arsed service

Edited by 01TheDude

On 6/13/2018 at 9:51 AM, comicquant said:

I've never bought from them and they have some auctions up right now I'd like to win.  Anyone else have any issues with them?  Feedback seems decent.

I've bought from them a couple of times without issue.  @KryptoSpidey  What exactly went sideways in your interactions with them?

Edited by MustEatBrains

On ‎5‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 10:39 PM, ChiSoxFan said:

Looking back at the orginal listings, the ASM #800 is stated in the listings to ship on May 30 (the scheduled release date from Marvel). I stopped collecting new books, for the most part, years ago, so I didn't even realize that it wasn't out yet. :tonofbricks:

With that the case, then did the buyer on that pre-sale not pay attention to the shipping date when pre-ordering? (Five of the negative feedbacks came from the same person for a total of $2500 on the ASM #800 -- the most recent two were on a Venom #1 that I believe has shipped, but I may be mistaken on that -- the store's shipping date was listed as the beginning of this month). I would think that one buyer would have known the release date of the book, considering the hefty cost they were shelling out. ???

I'm not sure about why the seller wouldn't be addressing the feedback -- maybe it's a case of them trying to get the negatives removed through eBay/  That said, this may be a case of "the buyer is one that should be avoided" if they're complaining about never getting shipped a book that hasn't even been released yet. As @fastballspecial said "The perils of the pre-sale" indeed. hm

As far as being a presale. I sent them a message before I sent them best offer. once I saw they are only an hour from me. I asked if I won could I pick up at there store. they answered with in 5 mins. even told me which store of there 2 to pick up from.

then I contacted the facebook account with same store name as this ebay profile has in the picture. after 10 messages they finaly answer back and tell me its not them and they never seen that name before. then I show them the paypal info that shows it links to there email and site. they say they don't have paypal.

And now they put that same profile pic from ebay up on there facebook.

Someone suggest maybe the person got hurt, died, or stolen account. but never once did they ever say anything like that to me.

I say they are BUMS. I would stay as far from them as you can.

Learn and Live. all good

Thanks

On 6/15/2018 at 11:01 AM, MustEatBrains said:

I've bought from them a couple of times without issue.  @KryptoSpidey  What exactly went sideways in your interactions with them?

Hey I haven't been active on the boards in a bit. That was something that happened a while back, I'll really have to look back and see what transpired,but I guarantee you that for me to post an "avoid" for them, it was definitely something that I didn't want anyone else to have to deal with here on the boards.

I've been a boardie for over a decade now and rarely post anything negative or something like that,so take it for what it's worth, I moved on pass their auctions,for some reason,and haven't dealt with them since.

Let me see what I can find out...

On 6/13/2018 at 9:51 AM, comicquant said:

Hey I haven't been active on the boards in a bit. That was something that happened a while back, I'll really have to look back and see what transpired,but I guarantee you that for me to post an "avoid" for them, it was definitely something that I didn't want anyone else to have to deal with here on the boards.

I've been a boardie for over a decade now and rarely post anything negative or something like that,so take it for what it's worth, I moved on pass their auctions,for some reason,and haven't dealt with them since.

Let me see what I can find out...

Yeah so I went back into my messages from a while back,I knew that someone else had inquired about the same seller and my avoid post,way back when...

It all came back to me now.

Basically the seller retracted my winning bid for a book that appeared to have restoration on it, after I had bid it up and won the book, in the last day of the auction.

Basically I noticed the resto,sent messages to the seller, and then got rude responses from the seller about how it was a Sunday night and he spent weekends with his family and doesn't respond to messages the last day of the auction. That I had all week to message him about questions,I shouldn't have bid if I thought it had resto, ECT.

Simply put, it was bad business.

Im not on eBay all week,I found the auction the last several hours it was live,and after downloading the pictures, enlarging and doing my thing I had many suspicious thoughts about the book.

I was obviously correct otherwise the seller wouldn't have freaked out like he did, basically I called him out on undisclosed resto.

So I stick to my post, avoid the seller, you may get a restored book....

Screenshot_20180617-203017.png

Getting tired of people extorting for partial refunds once they receive their items.  Currently dealing with one right now.

USER ID: thanatos1981

He sends me this initial first message.

"hi there.this book is ok other then top left corner has a crease on the cover.I would keep it if you guys did a partial refund for this.I can send pics if needed. thank you"

The crease on the spine is clearly shown on my scans, so basically he's just picking anything out to ask for a partial refund.

My response to him...

"Hi,

Sorry I cannot issue a partial refund for this book as the crease you are mentioning about is clearly shown in the scans. Please feel free to send the book back for a refund if you are unhappy with it."

Deal with him at your own risk.

It has been awhile, I have a few more deadbeats to ad to the list

lyrmac-0 and annamac0

These 2 are the same person, Bought something and then request to cancel (This happened on both accounts) and yes, the same person and the same address

brkn56

Going back and forth on offers until I agreed to accept his offer, then a few messages and no response

tgre-94

Bought something and never paid

blucat2

This loser bought 3 things from me, kept saying that I did not mention something on the description when I clearly did, Threatened to leave Negative feedbacks (which he did & was all removed by eBay) and then the next email demanded partial refund. I did everything by the book with eBay but he did not want to get a rep involved. Spoke to a few ebay reps and all sided with me and clearly said that this was extortion. Do not deal with this guy. It is one of those things that he did not read the description and can't force someone to read. He could not admit he was at fault for not reading

4 hours ago, HOTFLIPS said:

blucat2

This loser bought 3 things from me, kept saying that I did not mention something on the description when I clearly did, Threatened to leave Negative feedbacks (which he did & was all removed by eBay) and then the next email demanded partial refund. I did everything by the book with eBay but he did not want to get a rep involved. Spoke to a few ebay reps and all sided with me and clearly said that this was extortion. Do not deal with this guy. It is one of those things that he did not read the description and can't force someone to read. He could not admit he was at fault for not reading

This one has appeared before in this thread.

5 hours ago, HOTFLIPS said:

It has been awhile, I have a few more deadbeats to ad to the list

lyrmac-0 and annamac0

These 2 are the same person, Bought something and then request to cancel (This happened on both accounts) and yes, the same person and the same address

brkn56

Going back and forth on offers until I agreed to accept his offer, then a few messages and no response

tgre-94

Bought something and never paid

blucat2

Pls tell me it was all one transaction from your previous post below and you didnt get stung twice by the same guy.

Screenshot 2018-06-20 at 1.22.49 PM.png

13 minutes ago, kav said:

Pls tell me it was all one transaction from your previous post below and you didnt get stung twice by the same guy.

Screenshot 2018-06-20 at 1.22.49 PM.png

Yes it was the same transaction, He was putting a negative about 2 weeks apart, Give credit to ebay for being on the ball with this