• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,587 posts in this topic

another one

power_o6pfw

Bought something, said that it was ripped and torn, I said to file a claim with a picture, He sent a picture and we could not make what it was after eBay downloaded it. Even the eBay reps didn't know what that was. (Still can't get that picture), so instead I send him a label so he can return it to me (paid for the label), His reply is "I threw it out" then leaves me a negative (Ebay removed it). 

17 minutes ago, HOTFLIPS said:

another one

power_o6pfw

Bought something, said that it was ripped and torn, I said to file a claim with a picture, He sent a picture and we could not make what it was after eBay downloaded it. Even the eBay reps didn't know what that was. (Still can't get that picture), so instead I send him a label so he can return it to me (paid for the label), His reply is "I threw it out" then leaves me a negative (Ebay removed it). 

you are slapping these dolts down like crazy!  

18 hours ago, kav said:

you are slapping these dolts down like crazy!  

It has been awhile, I have not been on these boards, just trying to catch up, It has been crazy busy in the warehouse

On 6/18/2018 at 6:50 PM, Escaflown41 said:

Getting tired of people extorting for partial refunds once they receive their items.  Currently dealing with one right now.

USER ID: thanatos1981

He sends me this initial first message.

"hi there.this book is ok other then top left corner has a crease on the cover.I would keep it if you guys did a partial refund for this.I can send pics if needed. thank you"

The crease on the spine is clearly shown on my scans, so basically he's just picking anything out to ask for a partial refund.

My response to him...

"Hi,

Sorry I cannot issue a partial refund for this book as the crease you are mentioning about is clearly shown in the scans. Please feel free to send the book back for a refund if you are unhappy with it."

Deal with him at your own risk.

This guy never sent the book for refund, but instead left me a negative feedback.  So it's 100% confirmed that he's one of those partial refund extortionist.  I have already reported him to eBay.  Not sure what they will do about the negative feedback.  Again, just providing a warning to fellow sellers if you want to avoid any unnecessary headaches.  15+ years of selling and this is the first negative I got.  Looks like this is going to be unavoidable with how eBay caters to buyers now.

5 hours ago, Escaflown41 said:

This guy never sent the book for refund, but instead left me a negative feedback.  So it's 100% confirmed that he's one of those partial refund extortionist.  I have already reported him to eBay.  Not sure what they will do about the negative feedback.  Again, just providing a warning to fellow sellers if you want to avoid any unnecessary headaches.  15+ years of selling and this is the first negative I got.  Looks like this is going to be unavoidable with how eBay caters to buyers now.

Reply to his feedback:  Tried to extort a partial refund I said return book he retaliated. Beware.

edit-just saw your reply wow basically the same!!

Edited by kav

On 6/20/2018 at 4:34 PM, HOTFLIPS said:

another one

power_o6pfw

Holy cow what a bung hole!

ebay user IDsweetpeas145

Orders book: " SORRY MY GRANDDAUGHTER BID ON THIS COMIC BOOK? I CANT NOT BUY THIS I DONT HAVE THE MONEY FOR IT?"

ebay user IDalexandrvagnec-0:

Orders book: "Hi, my apologies i didn't see i made a typing error, i wasn't planing on offer 880 but 780. I'm really sorry you can cancel my bid.

Best regards and all my apologies, Alex"

Thrill bidders for the win!

One for the list: josephryan5000

What happens when you buy a hot modern with intention to resell it only to see the market price has fallen since you made the purchase? Why return it of course...and make sure you put the blame on another person. 

ebayebay.jpg.9488530c0b85a7d8dbe3c38e9faaf5ac.jpg

Nothing wrong with returning a book you buy from me, I have the policy for a reason. But if you're going to tell me that you're returning a book because you already have it maybe you shouldn't then put the same book up for auction.

LINKY

Edited by darkstar

7 minutes ago, mattn792 said:
10 hours ago, gregreece said:

ebay user IDsweetpeas145

Orders book: " SORRY MY GRANDDAUGHTER BID ON THIS COMIC BOOK? I CANT NOT BUY THIS I DONT HAVE THE MONEY FOR IT?"

Now I’m thinking if he can’t not buy, one negative cancels the other and he can buy!  hm

Yes hello oh god so sorry to inform my granddaughter's cat accidentally hit the keys and bid on this book plus my wife already bought it for me plus I am having surgery and also my wife wont let me spend money on comics pls cancel thx for understand.

14 hours ago, kav said:

Yes hello oh god so sorry to inform my granddaughter's cat accidentally hit the keys and bid on this book plus my wife already bought it for me plus I am having surgery and also my wife wont let me spend money on comics pls cancel thx for understand.

Always monitor your pets' online activities.  When me and the cat are discussing the family portfolio, I only ask her for stock advice, I don't actually let her enter the orders.  Not that the brokerage wouldn't be MORE than understanding when I tell them "oh sorry, I was trying to buy a little GE on the recent dip, but I let the cat type and she accidentally bought 9367539 shares of GRPN.  Please cancel."

Remember to post links to various ebay miscreants from now on folks because ebay makes it impossible to look someone up if they are just a buyer.

Edited by kav

4 hours ago, ExNihilo said:

supremejoog

I set a BIN price below other listed books in order to attempt to sell quickly.  supremejoog sent me an eBay message telling me to increase the price on a BIN item so I wouldn't "mess it up for other sellers".  Seems to largely be a shill account.

hm

I have had a STRANGE month selling on Ebay and with that I have had more RETURNS in the last month or so then in over 3 years total before.

Block at your OWN choice.

#1    elirosenshine

Bought Avengers 19 CGC 9.4 - had the book almost 2 weeks and he sends a refund request.  Changed his mind.  (weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!)

#2    florio2190

Bought Spider-Man Special Edition - Trial of Venom.    I get a refund request -  Changed his mind.  Then comments to say the book is only worth 50 dollars etc etc. (Shipped book back in a bubble wrap mailer).

I was shocked.  Somehow the book arrived back safe. 

#3  marjorie33326

Bought Yesteryear Infinity Variant - I get a refund request again.  Changed their mind and something to the effect they just didn't want it.  (They at least PAID shipping back)

Elektra101

On 6/13/2018 at 6:51 AM, comicquant said:
On 2/26/2017 at 5:16 PM, KryptoSpidey said:

I hope Ebay ID UNCANNY_STASH  is not a Board member here

AVOID!!!

On 6/13/2018 at 6:51 AM, comicquant said:

I've never bought from them and they have some auctions up right now I'd like to win.  Anyone else have any issues with them?  Feedback seems decent.

I'm not sure if they are still selling, but in the past they have tended to list books 2 or 3 grades higher than what they were purchased as on ebay, including some previously slabbed crack and bump books, IIRC. And I've seen them understate the amount of resto that had been advertised previously. 

While there is nothing wrong with disagreeing with a grade, including CGC's, if you consistently grade books higher than nearly everyone you purchase from, I'm going to question your motives. I would be very careful about buying from them.