• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,596 posts in this topic

Got a return request from ebay user: vincr_87

It's a noob account with 31 feedback, which is completely typical.

I got a return request out of the blue on a Thor #350 CGC 9.8 SS Stan Lee book. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the book or case. Screwed up my paypal account over nothing. This is his reason in the return request:

Here's what the buyer said

Reason

Just didn't like it

Comments

Case just feels loose

Dont walk to add this one to your blocked list, RUN!

3 hours ago, PittsPilot said:

Got a return request from ebay user: vincr_87

It's a noob account with 31 feedback, which is completely typical.

I got a return request out of the blue on a Thor #350 CGC 9.8 SS Stan Lee book. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the book or case. Screwed up my paypal account over nothing. This is his reason in the return request:

Here's what the buyer said

Reason

Just didn't like it

Comments

Case just feels loose

Dont walk to add this one to your blocked list, RUN!

Just tried to add this user to my block list and it looks like it is an "Invalid User ID"

Thanks for the message though, sorry he screwed you over. My condolences. 

:/

3 hours ago, Poka said:

adairwi6 https://www.ebay.com/usr/adairwi6

left a neutral that book took too long to arrive. The book took 6 business days incl 2 days handling time to arrive and well within estimated arrival time.

ebay removed the feedback

You did nothing wrong as long as the listing's shipping/handling details match up with when the book actually arrived.  If that's the case, I'm glad ebay removed the neutral feedback.

That said, is there any reason it took so long for the buyer to receive the book?  With shipping supplies delivered to your door for free and free package pickup, I'm getting books to the buyers 2-3 days after payment is received depending on where they live.  I find that most the books I buy from ebay arrive in roughly the same amount of time.

In an Amazon Prime kinda world, you'll likely see these issues more and more if it routinely takes you 10 days for your buyers to receive a book.  (6 business days + 2 weekend days + 2 days handling)  Most are delivering books to their buyers in 1/3 the time. 

1 hour ago, Turtle said:

You did nothing wrong as long as the listing's shipping/handling details match up with when the book actually arrived.  If that's the case, I'm glad ebay removed the neutral feedback.

That said, is there any reason it took so long for the buyer to receive the book?  With shipping supplies delivered to your door for free and free package pickup, I'm getting books to the buyers 2-3 days after payment is received depending on where they live.  I find that most the books I buy from ebay arrive in roughly the same amount of time.

In an Amazon Prime kinda world, you'll likely see these issues more and more if it routinely takes you 10 days for your buyers to receive a book.  (6 business days + 2 weekend days + 2 days handling)  Most are delivering books to their buyers in 1/3 the time. 

The book was shipped from overseas as indicated in the listing. The book actually arrived ahead of the estimated delivery time.

Buyer claims to have been checking shipping for an item (not from me), pocketed his phone, and managed to click make an offer, then entered a value within the $10 threshold of the item, and last submitted the offer. What miracle of interaction between ebay's mobile UI and his pocket fabric could lead to such, I can only fathom.

Or he's just a lying regret buyer.

Blocked: madmaverick79

1 hour ago, DavidTheDavid said:

Buyer claims to have been checking shipping for an item (not from me), pocketed his phone, and managed to click make an offer, then entered a value within the $10 threshold of the item, and last submitted the offer. What miracle of interaction between ebay's mobile UI and his pocket fabric could lead to such, I can only fathom.

Or he's just a lying regret buyer.

Blocked: madmaverick79

https://www.newsweek.com/florida-woman-blames-wind-cocaine-found-bag-876695

On 7/11/2018 at 7:46 PM, elektra101 said:

I have had a STRANGE month selling on Ebay and with that I have had more RETURNS in the last month or so then in over 3 years total before.

Block at your OWN choice.

#1    elirosenshine

Bought Avengers 19 CGC 9.4 - had the book almost 2 weeks and he sends a refund request.  Changed his mind.  (weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!)

#2    florio2190

Bought Spider-Man Special Edition - Trial of Venom.    I get a refund request -  Changed his mind.  Then comments to say the book is only worth 50 dollars etc etc. (Shipped book back in a bubble wrap mailer).

I was shocked.  Somehow the book arrived back safe. 

#3  marjorie33326

Bought Yesteryear Infinity Variant - I get a refund request again.  Changed their mind and something to the effect they just didn't want it.  (They at least PAID shipping back)

Elektra101

I have been having that as well, Most of them are saying that they ordered the wrong supplies

Today I had ebay user

flores85rf

Send me an offer of 50 dollars for a 150 dollar book.  I told me please don't low ball me as it starts us off on the wrong foot.  He then messages back about a starting point to negotiate and my passive aggressive comment.

I only SELL buy it now.  Whats to negotiate?

BLOCKED by me.  has a few negs too I see from others.  SURE he is a winner.

Elektra101

2 hours ago, elektra101 said:

Today I had ebay user

flores85rf

Send me an offer of 50 dollars for a 150 dollar book.  I told me please don't low ball me as it starts us off on the wrong foot.  He then messages back about a starting point to negotiate and my passive aggressive comment.

I only SELL buy it now.  Whats to negotiate?

BLOCKED by me.  has a few negs too I see from others.  SURE he is a winner.

Elektra101

Dont be too hard on guys like this-I have had many low ball offers accepted.  Its not outrageous to do it.

1 hour ago, elektra101 said:

I just dont see how telling me 33% of my buy it now price is good.  LOL  50 for 150 book.

Maybe I need to just learn to not respond back.  I will work on that.  :)

Elektra101

Yeah dont let it get under your skin.  Since many people do accept loball offers, there's no way to tell who will take offense to it.  Also, it is a starting point.  Counteroffer and see where it goes.  Not an insult offer like 1 cent less but something you would actually accept.  You might be happy.

It doesn't help that sometimes lowballs work. There was a low grade but rare Australian comic on local eBay last week with a BIN of $1000. Probably worth $200-250. It got relisted at $600 two days later. I was thinking I'd make an offer if it dropped again, only to see it sold the next day. Using the worthpoint tool, I see the seller accepted $165. In that case 33% of asking was more than was required to get it. It has changed my thinking about offering on BINs set well above a sensible price.