• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,560 posts in this topic

On 7/27/2018 at 12:27 AM, DeadOne said:

Here's another one for the list, edge_vintage_collectibles

I purchased a ASM #4 (1st Silk) CGC 9.8 from this seller on June 22nd, just a few moments after the movie announcement came out. I paid immediately. The seller marked the book as shipped but didn't upload any tracking information. No big deal, the feedback for this seller was good. The eBay estimated window of arrival between June 29th and July 11th. Again, no big deal the seller was in Canada and I'm in the US so it's bound to take longer.

After not receiving the item on July 11th, I sent the seller the following message on July 12th: "I was wondering if you have any tracking information for this item. I did not see it listed with eBay or PayPal."
The seller responded just hours later with the following:

reply 1.JPG

On July 21st, after still not receiving the book, I sent the seller another message: "If you have returned from vacation, and it's not too much trouble, could you please send the tracking information for this purchase from June 22nd. It has yet to arrive."
On July 22nd the seller responded:
Reply 2.JPG

On the evening of July 26th (today), after failing to receive any form of tracking as promised, I filed an eBay dispute for "item not yet received" and was refunded fully within an hours time by the seller.

My only conclusion at this point is that the seller had no intention on sending me the book that was purchased (probably because it had become "hot") and for reasons that I will never fathom, decided to hold my money for as long as possible instead of refunding right away and taking his lumps at that time.

I felt like I had no other choice but to leave negative feedback for this transaction.

edge_vintage_collectibles  I feel sad for you.

Just a heads up that this seller currently has a copy back up on eBay... different serial number, but still. (tsk)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/323392639866?ViewItem=&item=323392639866

Here's one to block, first one like this I have ever had to deal with.

amasm47 

Bought a comic from me, believe they paid in a timely manner. No problems. Just received a message today from Paypal:

"The buyer reported that someone made the order without their permission."

No case filed with eBay at all, just with Paypal. I'm hoping I'll be OK, I was eligible for seller protection, and have a tracking number showing the item was received. 

18 minutes ago, Brother J said:

amasm47 

Bought a comic from me, believe they paid in a timely manner. No problems. Just received a message today from Paypal:

No case filed with eBay at all, just with Paypal. I'm hoping I'll be OK, I was eligible for seller protection, and have a tracking number showing the item was received. 

Probably another one who let the cat use his eBay account...

1 hour ago, mattn792 said:

My cat doesn’t get to start collecting until she gets a job, or her stock picks beat the S&P 500 for a full calendar year.

Standard and Paws?

Thank you. I'm here all week.

On 8/17/2018 at 12:36 PM, Brother J said:
On 8/14/2018 at 10:40 AM, Brother J said:

amasm47 

Got my money back with this.

if you don't involve Ebay, they will still charge you the final value fees. You cannot go around them and still get those fees refunded-- they will show on your invoice as a seller.

1 hour ago, 01TheDude said:

if you don't involve Ebay, they will still charge you the final value fees. You cannot go around them and still get those fees refunded-- they will show on your invoice as a seller.

The book was sold through eBay, so I should be paying eBay their fees. I didn't lose out on anything. I sold the book and was paid. I paid eBay their fees and also Paypal fees for receiving the money. The only thing I lost was the usage of the small amount of funds I got for the book (less than $20) for a few days while they "held" the funds. I wonder if the person who did the chargeback also got their money back and if so, who lost out on the funds.

I love:

1. Ebayers who send a message to ask if I have room on an item, when the item has a "make an offer" feature.

2. Ebayers who put in whatever offer message things like "Let's get this done."  or "I can pay within 2 hours if you take my offer."

2 hours ago, Transplant said:

I love:

1. Ebayers who send a message to ask if I have room on an item, when the item has a "make an offer" feature.

2. Ebayers who put in whatever offer message things like "Let's get this done."  or "I can pay within 2 hours if you take my offer."

3. Sellers that ship in a timely fashion.

4 hours ago, Transplant said:

I love:

I had a #1 this weekend. I replied, "Feel free to make an offer on the items that interest you. The bottom threshold is pretty kind imo." Then I get hit with 50% off asking lowball offers.

5 minutes ago, DavidTheDavid said:

I had a #1 this weekend. I replied, "Feel free to make an offer on the items that interest you. The bottom threshold is pretty kind imo." Then I get hit with 50% off asking lowball offers.

What about the 'I'm a disabled vet and this book is a lifelong goal-'