• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,560 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, kav said:

What about the 'I'm a disabled vet and this book is a lifelong goal-'

I would ask the vet what is his favorite book in his collection is, request they take a pic with it, presumably in his wheelchair with a piece of paper with my boardname written out on it, send it to me and I'd give what I was selling free.

Just had my first disputed via Pay Pal claim sent to me. The person left me positive feedback after I delivered the non-comic item in 3 days. Now-- 52 days later -- suddenly this item was never authorized for purchase. It was for a zippo lighter. Not even 13 bucks. And so that paltry amount of money is tied up while Pay Pal reviews the case. Reading the fine print of how this is handled-- that money might be tied up for 75-90 days or possible not given back at all. And they did not return this or bother contacting me via ebay.

I have posted them on the Bad Buyers website (https://badbuyerlist.org/  in case you are interested in adding some of yours there as well)

I'll post their name in case they suddenly start buying comics too-- as I have blocked this account for obvious reasons.

ebay user id: alfredo78542

20 hours ago, 01TheDude said:

Just had my first disputed via Pay Pal claim sent to me. The person left me positive feedback after I delivered the non-comic item in 3 days. Now-- 52 days later -- suddenly this item was never authorized for purchase. It was for a zippo lighter. Not even 13 bucks. And so that paltry amount of money is tied up while Pay Pal reviews the case. Reading the fine print of how this is handled-- that money might be tied up for 75-90 days or possible not given back at all. And they did not return this or bother contacting me via ebay.

I have posted them on the Bad Buyers website (https://badbuyerlist.org/  in case you are interested in adding some of yours there as well)

I'll post their name in case they suddenly start buying comics too-- as I have blocked this account for obvious reasons.

ebay user id: alfredo78542

Sounds almost identical to the situation I just had, except my buyer never left feedback. It only took three days for me to have my money released back to me, so assuming you shipped with tracking, you should get your money back sooner than later.

52 minutes ago, Brother J said:

Sounds almost identical to the situation I just had, except my buyer never left feedback. It only took three days for me to have my money released back to me, so assuming you shipped with tracking, you should get your money back sooner than later.

well that is nice to hear-- though I am not sweating it too hard either way being such a small amount.

On 8/21/2018 at 1:55 PM, 01TheDude said:
On 8/21/2018 at 1:01 PM, Brother J said:

well that is nice to hear-- though I am not sweating it too hard either way being such a small amount.

UPDATE-- got an email yesterday from Pay Pal saying that the item was handled properly (tracking, delivery confirmation etc)  and qualified for the Seller Protection-- they returned my funds and I no longer have to worry about it. Wanted so bad to tell them that the buyer had given the positive feedback not long after the purchase but I guess they can handle it however they see fit.

Edited by 01TheDude

13 minutes ago, jokiing said:

The name alone gives the impression that he could be a pain....

He bid one book of mine. Waited for his payment for five days so I decided to contact him.

He immediately responded. His message:

Hey thanks for contacting me,Was about to do it.I've made a HUGE HUGE mistake as I already have this one in 9.4.Thought it was another book.So I would be happy if you can cancel that transaction.IF you can't I understand but if so can you PLEASE send it in a box at a lower price than 25$???? Never had to pay so much in 18 years on EBay for shipping a raw book. But as I said since I already have this one in higher grade I Don't need that one so IF you can cancel I would be quite happy!! Anyway it goes I will wait for your answer.So sorry about it.

Very friendly yours! Daniel (Ultrapicky)

It's obvious that he didn't want it because I graded it VF+ 8.5. Why did he bid my book in first place?  I canceled the order for him.

I am thinking about blocking him but I just wanted to see if you have any bad experience or get lame excuses from this guy.  It wasted my time.

1 hour ago, JollyComics said:

He bid one book of mine. Waited for his payment for five days so I decided to contact him.

He immediately responded. His message:

Hey thanks for contacting me,Was about to do it.I've made a HUGE HUGE mistake as I already have this one in 9.4.Thought it was another book.So I would be happy if you can cancel that transaction.IF you can't I understand but if so can you PLEASE send it in a box at a lower price than 25$???? Never had to pay so much in 18 years on EBay for shipping a raw book. But as I said since I already have this one in higher grade I Don't need that one so IF you can cancel I would be quite happy!! Anyway it goes I will wait for your answer.So sorry about it.

Very friendly yours! Daniel (Ultrapicky)

It's obvious that he didn't want it because I graded it VF+ 8.5. Why did he bid my book in first place?  I canceled the order for him.

I am thinking about blocking him but I just wanted to see if you have any bad experience or get lame excuses from this guy.  It wasted my time.

Irresponsible to a fault, and selfish. If it was really a mistake, there was nothing stopping him/her from contacting you immediately. 

I'd block, but eBay says that user name is invalid.

19 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Irresponsible to a fault, and selfish. If it was really a mistake, there was nothing stopping him/her from contacting you immediately. 

Agreed.  Please block ultrapicky as well as I block him in eBay.

Edited by JollyComics

19 minutes ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

I corrected it - It is ultrapicky. No capital letter.

47 minutes ago, ThothAmon said:

iMac-57 with over 1200 feedback just messaged me literally 5 minutes after winning a 9,8 Marvel Graphic Novel 4 for over $1000 asking to cancel. Wtf. 

Thanks for the heads up.... but name comes up invalid... Please check spelling and upper/lower case.

3 hours ago, Squeezy McSphincter said:

Look at the last two pages of feedback that he's left for others--you may have dodged a bullet.

I was kinda too lazy to block ultradickie but seeing all the negs he left it was BLOCKAROONIE.

7 hours ago, Squeezy McSphincter said:

Look at the last two pages of feedback that he's left for others--you may have dodged a bullet.

That explained why he called himself an ultimate (literally extreme) picker.  He may change his mind at last minute about my book's condition and I canceled the order without a word.  I won't leave him the feedback. Stay neutral between us.

What a scary!  My feedback is (hopefully) still intact.