• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,597 posts in this topic

Just now, Mapleleafvann said:

Time to invite another candidate to the arena.  ...oops, I meant forum!

welcome to the thunderdome!

What I understand is that he likes to ask for partial refunds for whatever reason he can come up with. Those who cave in get positive fb such as “problem solved” “resolved issue” etc. Those who do not agree to partial refund get negative or neutral fb and/or a comic back which is not in the condition they sent it. Response Fb from sellers such as “buyer returned comic poorly” basically means that he did something to the comic

I understand that a number of sellers (at least 20) who over the years have got negative fb have reported the buyer to eBay - yet he is still around.

Edited by Poka
Spelling

2 hours ago, Poka said:

What I understand is that he likes to ask for partial refunds for whatever reason he can come up with. Those who cave in get positive fb such as “problem solved” “resolved issue” etc. Those who do not agree to partial refund get negative or neutral fb and/or a comic back which is not in the condition they sent it. Response Fb from sellers such as “buyer returned comic poorly” basically means that he did something to the comic

I understand that a number of sellers (at least 20) who over the years have got negative fb have reported the buyer to eBay - yet he is still around.

...except that his/her feedback left looks a lot like feedback...especially in a very high "soft fraud" category, such as comics...probably should look.

Things to remember about comics:

• People tend to overstate/overvalue the items they're selling
  • Grading really IS subjective
  • CGC (and the poor imitations) exists because of the rampant, persistent overgrading and nondisclosure that infected this hobby like the plague
  • Most people do not know how to ship fragile items like comic books properly. There have undoubtedly been millions of comics damaged by collector-to-collector shipping in the eBay/internet age
  • People do not complain. The usual statistic thrown around is 96% of all customers say nothing. This results in many sellers adopting a "no one ever complained before!" attitude...which is probably true, but does not prove whether their other customers did, or did not, have complaints.

Now...I'm not defending this person. It looks like they're habitually unpleasable, and shouldn't be on eBay. The "too small for cats" comment was hilarious, but also a little disturbing. 

BUT...that doesn't change the fact that many of his/her complaints are common ones heard in the comics industry, and have been issues for decades. It's why CGC exists. 

An unusual amount of negative/neutral feedback left doesn't necessarily mean that someone is a bad faith customer. It could mean that...it certainly is evidence pointing TO that conclusion...but it shouldn't be a conclusion reached on that basis alone.

58 minutes ago, FC169 said:

Found it.

A28598C0-0184-490B-AF3C-18169428AC71.jpeg

that book has been well loved

good candidate for Stan Lee to sign (right over the FU please)

but you could probably just black out the bad word and not impact the overal grade-- that book is pretty burnt.

In no way am I saying what they did was right-- just that the damage is sort of lost in the overall condition.

Edited by 01TheDude

On 9/1/2018 at 1:01 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

comics828

I just found your post that mentioned this user who has not payed for his purchase from me. No contact from him at all so far. Waiting for the case to be 4 days old so I can move on. Thanks for the info.

Here is another pic. What is to add that when it was shipped to him there were no water damage and cover was not ripped off in half. He sent it back in a Manila folder which was bend in half so obviously have different standards for receiving and sending

0D5E3222-1C7A-4106-9198-5AE2622ADC23.jpeg

3 minutes ago, kav said:

You could easily change it to 'Buck Young' and it would just be another name written on cover.

It got subsequently sold as is.

@01TheDude

It was in a bit better standard when it got shipped to the buyer and that is an understatement.

Edited by Poka
Spelling

9 minutes ago, Poka said:

Here is another pic. What is to add that when it was shipped to him there were no water damage and cover was not ripped off in half. He sent it back in a Manila folder which was bend in half so obviously have different standards for receiving and sending

0D5E3222-1C7A-4106-9198-5AE2622ADC23.jpeg

Do you always where gloves? Is that a thing? Should I?  :shy:

4 minutes ago, Poka said:

It got subsequently sold as is.

@01TheDude

It was in a bit better standard when it got shipped to the buyer and that is an understatement.

good to hear it found a new owner to continue to show it some love.

Even beat up books can be special imo. I have sold a few that looked like this-- not for a big amount-- but they buyer was very happy to have a copy. The same book made me very happy for many years as a boy.

sample:

Spoiler

1134584906_JIM122-2-a.thumb.jpg.f1b58d73254e97a8813f599b6b3a77b4.jpg

TOS-63-2-a.thumb.jpg.4c098360fb7655270b7974b8d480573f.jpg

15 minutes ago, 01TheDude said:

good to hear it found a new owner to continue to show it some love.

Even beat up books can be special imo. I have sold a few that looked like this-- not for a big amount-- but they buyer was very happy to have a copy. The same book made me very happy for many years as a boy.

sample:

Hide contents

1134584906_JIM122-2-a.thumb.jpg.f1b58d73254e97a8813f599b6b3a77b4.jpg

TOS-63-2-a.thumb.jpg.4c098360fb7655270b7974b8d480573f.jpg

I like to focus on lower grades like 3.0.  They are undervalued, IMO.