• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,586 posts in this topic

This guy is nutz, called me all sorts of names for the past few days, telling me how I sell cracked slabs, ect. then I get this email a bit ago..

Email title:Change in mind

I would like to buy one of your books. Im thinking the #4 Vampi. Let me know.

Umm, I'm thinking no.

Edited by Makmorn

4 minutes ago, Makmorn said:

This guy is nutz, called me all sorts of names for the past few days, telling me how I sell cracked slabs, ect. then I get this email a bit ago..

Umm, I'm thinking no.

But but but, in my best Ricky Ricardo voice

WHA-HAPPENED?

24 minutes ago, Makmorn said:

Umm, I'm thinking no.

tell him you are highly interested in doing business with him if he's not a liar-and he can prove that by showing a pic of the cracked slab-

5 minutes ago, kav said:

tell him you are highly interested in doing business with him if he's not a liar-and he can prove that by showing a pic of the cracked slab-

I'm not sure which personality I might get...:eek:

Edited by Makmorn

The strange case of Dr. Heckel and Mr. Buy.... Look for it on Amazon this Fall...

They would try to put it in the fiction section, sadly it's not...:insane:

Edited by Makmorn

I really don't understand the mentality of being a b-hole. Maybe it's because these people have never worked in Customer Service? I worked in the field for 5 years. Now, I am certainly not the nicest person in the world. Most people I know would say I'm a d&*k (but they love me).

What's the point? Just to screw people over that you don't know? I personally get into hobbies to make friends/acquaintances, have fun conversations about the hobby, etc. I guess these are just losers looking to acquire product by the cheapest means necessary. F&*k those people.

IMO every high school student should be required to work in a Customer Service field (face-to-face like CVS/Walgreens/Rite-Aid) as a Senior to teach kids/teens how to treat people.

1 hour ago, Red_Hood said:

You can add this m_oron to the list if you wish...

tlcns-83

Bid and won an auction and then promptly sent this message.

eBay7?euid=f65607e2efdf4d108d7423e290100447&

New message from: tlcns-83 (3)

Hello please cancel this order for some reason my kids bid on this without my permission thank you

lolwut

7 hours ago, Red_Hood said:

You can add this m_oron to the list if you wish...

tlcns-83

Bid and won an auction and then promptly sent this message.

eBay7?euid=f65607e2efdf4d108d7423e290100447&

New message from: tlcns-83 (3)

Hello please cancel this order for some reason my kids bid on this without my permission thank you

Kids:  Accidentally bidding on items on eBay since 1995. :facepalm:

10 minutes ago, ChiSoxFan said:

Kids:  Accidentally bidding on items on eBay since 1995. :facepalm:

"Kids" as opposed to "My 10 year old son".  Vagueness=lie.

Yes I'm sure all his kids were gathered around the computer, bidding and taking turns hitting buttons.

Edited by kav

fairwaycomicsncollectibles

I truly, truly hope this person is a member.  Especially if he forgets there is copious message / photo / video evidence of below

This gentleman purchased a FVF Iron Man #1 from us.  After buying, he sent a total of 7 messages, asking questions that most people 

would ask prior to purchase.  But, people are weird sometimes.  Those being answered, we ship it to him.

Two hours after receiving said item, he opens a return for an item not as described.  The points on which he is claiming discrepancy, are, 

line for line, the actual flaws on this book listed in the listing itself.  But again, no huge deal.  eBay allows regret returns, as long as you call them 

not as described.  It is , sadly, what it is.

When we receive the item, in the same top loader in which we sent it, it now has a smallish, but very noticeable, chunk missing from the right 

edge of the front cover, in what looks like a tape snag.  When reviewing the photos he sent to justify his return, they are all cropped immediately 

below this area.

When confronted, he immediately begins the histrionics, protesting with MANY CAPITAL LETTERS that he is a professional, that this is impossible, 

that the photo I sent him of the damage is CLEARLY another book, that now he can see that the damage is CLEARLY on the same book, that it somehow 

happened during transit, inside a top loader, that he had NO IDEA what I meant about the cropping, that he sells items worth 10 times this amount so 

that is proof of something or other.

At which point I mentioned to him that there was video from our helpful mailperson, of the box being opened, with the damage inside the top loader.

Literally, 2 minutes later, he escalates his return to a claim, a full 45 minutes after the item was delivered, and has now kept quiet to this point.

While this is not nearly as egregious as him stealing the book and sending me a photo copied Archie book, it is plainly childish behavior, and an example 

of someone being unable to take responsibility for what was, more than likely, an unfortunate accident.

And yes, we have confirmed the refund, and will be eating the loss on resale.  As much as he liked to defend this action by proclaiming himself a 

PROFESSIONAL, we actually are.

2 hours ago, deathtohemingway said:

fairwaycomicsncollectibles

I truly, truly hope this person is a member.  Especially if he forgets there is copious message / photo / video evidence of below

This gentleman purchased a FVF Iron Man #1 from us.  After buying, he sent a total of 7 messages, asking questions that most people 

would ask prior to purchase.  But, people are weird sometimes.  Those being answered, we ship it to him.

Two hours after receiving said item, he opens a return for an item not as described.  The points on which he is claiming discrepancy, are, 

line for line, the actual flaws on this book listed in the listing itself.  But again, no huge deal.  eBay allows regret returns, as long as you call them 

not as described.  It is , sadly, what it is.

When we receive the item, in the same top loader in which we sent it, it now has a smallish, but very noticeable, chunk missing from the right 

edge of the front cover, in what looks like a tape snag.  When reviewing the photos he sent to justify his return, they are all cropped immediately 

below this area.

When confronted, he immediately begins the histrionics, protesting with MANY CAPITAL LETTERS that he is a professional, that this is impossible, 

that the photo I sent him of the damage is CLEARLY another book, that now he can see that the damage is CLEARLY on the same book, that it somehow 

happened during transit, inside a top loader, that he had NO IDEA what I meant about the cropping, that he sells items worth 10 times this amount so 

that is proof of something or other.

At which point I mentioned to him that there was video from our helpful mailperson, of the box being opened, with the damage inside the top loader.

Literally, 2 minutes later, he escalates his return to a claim, a full 45 minutes after the item was delivered, and has now kept quiet to this point.

While this is not nearly as egregious as him stealing the book and sending me a photo copied Archie book, it is plainly childish behavior, and an example 

of someone being unable to take responsibility for what was, more than likely, an unfortunate accident.

And yes, we have confirmed the refund, and will be eating the loss on resale.  As much as he liked to defend this action by proclaiming himself a 

PROFESSIONAL, we actually are.

I freakin' hate people.

What is your eBay? I'm gonna start trying to shop from sellers here that are getting shafted by losers, to give you guys some more good business.

2 minutes ago, Timmay said:

Two more winners that can play but not pay:

comics.sportcards

awesomedealshere-1

Why is it that I read 'awesome deal shere'. I can't get on with these spaceless amalgamations (:

Add this guy to your list of non payers:

matthewamcha -buys a Transformers #3 CGC 9.8 from me and then tells me that he can't pay for it because of my high shipping price ($40) which is my cost to ship to Australia.. He claims he has never been charged that high price to Australia before.  Also, he tells me there is a $20 surcharge added to the order (I am not aware of any surcharge added to a book after shipping).  I told him am only charging the $40 so not sure where the $20 charge coming from as it might be an error or an Ebay customs fee?.  After a few days of going back and forth I told him if he is not going to pay I will cancel the item and he says go ahead and cancel due to the shipping and the surcharge fee.  The next day I get a message saying he is willing to pay for the book if I am willing to work on the price with him!  WTF??  Block this guy and save yourself a headache.

39 minutes ago, loboagain said:

matthewamcha -buys a Transformers #3 CGC 9.8 from me and then tells me that he can't pay for it because of my high shipping price ($40) which is my cost to ship to Australia.. He claims he has never been charged that high price to Australia before.  Also, he tells me there is a $20 surcharge added to the order (I am not aware of any surcharge added to a book after shipping).  I told him am only charging the $40 so not sure where the $20 charge coming from as it might be an error or an Ebay customs fee?.  After a few days of going back and forth I told him if he is not going to pay I will cancel the item and he says go ahead and cancel due to the shipping and the surcharge fee.  The next day I get a message saying he is willing to pay for the book if I am willing to work on the price with him!  WTF??  Block this guy and save yourself a headache.

That was fortuitous, same guy messaged me today about doing a deal for two X-Men books.  Negotiations now cancelled.

On 10/14/2018 at 10:03 AM, loboagain said:

Anyone who has bought slabbed books from the US before should know how much it costs to ship them to Oz. The $20 surcharge is probably the new eBay 10% goods and sales tax for Australians that's taken out by direction of the Australian government. it came in on July 1. Was the book $200?

I was watching this item. While I was in the shower my son took it upon himself to place an order "to be nice." Any chance we could cancel this order?

ebay id: wordbomb90

Could actually be an honest mistake but I do not have the time and patience to find out. New ebayer with low feedback and gave me his real name in the email asking for the above.