• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,560 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, mattn792 said:

Dog got stolen

Truck ran away

wife ran off with plumber

guitar string snapped

I'm just about out as a seller on ebay. I have 1 or 2 low dollar items for sale and when those sell I'm likely done. Been on there for almost twenty years but the toxic culture of buyers they've engendered has pushed me away. I'd rather support comics focused online selling houses like MCS, High Grade, Bedrock, etc. 

58 minutes ago, Heronext said:

It would be interesting to know if they have a deadbeat buyer rate on the same order as eBay

I've yet to have an issue with consigning through MCS and I've done a lot of volume with them. 

On 11/10/2018 at 1:40 PM, marmat said:

Another non  paying buyer:

9traje19

Purchased 6 items for $150 total. Sent a reminder 4 days after the first invoice, it's now a week and I opened a case against him. 

The buyer finally payed, I believe he got a legit reason to pay late. I am removing him from my blocked list

1 hour ago, marmat said:

The buyer finally payed, I believe he got a legit reason to pay late. I am removing him from my blocked list

Anything other than "I was in a coma" demands a little message stating payment will be a little late.

Agreed, the seller is out of line, but the buyer kind of is too. Unless the seller makes some kind of guarantee that the book he's selling will grade out, I don't understand why the buyer would feel he has the right to leave a neg.

No excuse for the seller to act that way though, if it were me ( and I wouldn't list a raw as a possible 9.9 under any circumstance ) I would've just blocked the buyer and tried to get eBay to remove the feedback...which it looks like they did. 

23 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

Agreed, the seller is out of line, but the buyer kind of is too. Unless the seller makes some kind of guarantee that the book he's selling will grade out, I don't understand why the buyer would feel he has the right to leave a neg.

No excuse for the seller to act that way though, if it were me ( and I wouldn't list a raw as a possible 9.9 under any circumstance ) I would've just blocked the buyer and tried to get eBay to remove the feedback...which it looks like they did. 

I don't care about the comment getting removed ..either way its my opinion and right to put it as a neutral negative.. but i do care about getting 5 calls in a row at 3 am and getting 6 emails threatening me...i don't know what his intentions are.. he could be crazy ..either way i need info to report him to the police and he should be removed from ebay.. no one should be threaten over a review.. period. Its freaking my family out and no one should be dealing with this.

3 minutes ago, signedbyheroes said:

I don't care about the comment getting removed ..either way its my opinion and right to put it as a neutral negative.. but i do care about getting 5 calls in a row at 3 am and getting 6 emails threatening me...i don't know what his intentions are.. he could be crazy ..either way i need info to report him to the police and he should be removed from ebay.. no one should be threaten over a review.. period. Its freaking my family out and no one should be dealing with this.

tell your family keyboard warriors are harmless.

2 minutes ago, signedbyheroes said:

I agree with you, the seller is absolutely out of line and I think you should contact the authorities.

That being said, I would never give a negative feedback to someone for the reason you did.

What's your eBay name?

3 minutes ago, signedbyheroes said:

I agree with the other member that said " I would just drop it.  Its true that an eBay sellers grades are not some kind of guarantee, that would be impossible". Seems like you are spending a lot of time

on something you should just block and move on? Of course you have a right to leave negative feedback but after reading this why would you post a negative if they didn't guarantee a CGC 9.8?

I guess I agree with Logan510 " Agreed, the seller is out of line, but the buyer kind of is too. Unless the seller makes some kind of guarantee that the book he's selling will grade out, I don't understand why the buyer would feel he has the right to leave a neg" .

1 minute ago, Logan510 said:

I agree with you, the seller is absolutely out of line and I think you should contact the authorities.

That being said, I would never give a negative feedback to someone for the reason you did.

What's your eBay name?

I'm sorry..why you want my ebay user name..?

4 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

What's your eBay name?

It was not a negative..it was neutral review.. but should not matter anyways.

2 minutes ago, signedbyheroes said:

I'm sorry..why you want my ebay user name..?

It was not a negative..it was neutral review.. but should not matter anyways.

why do you not want to share it? :baiting: Sometimes people make judgments based on posts and decide not to deal with  someone. Why deal with someone who prefers not to deal with you?

my ebay is fedres420 but I use my wifes account as well, mswas

On 9/25/2018 at 9:58 PM, fastballspecial said:

There is a much higher return percentage on slabs anyone who tells you differently hasn't sold a lot of comics.

Why specifically is this the case? Because they are generally more expensive or Newton rings or damage from comics within the inner well from shipping? I’m very curious.

9 minutes ago, SSuperman said:

I agree with the other member that said " I would just drop it.  Its true that an eBay sellers grades are not some kind of guarantee, that would be impossible". Seems like you are spending a lot of time

on something you should just block and move on? Of course you have a right to leave negative feedback but after reading this why would you post a negative if they didn't guarantee a CGC 9.8?

I guess I agree with Logan510 " Agreed, the seller is out of line, but the buyer kind of is too. Unless the seller makes some kind of guarantee that the book he's selling will grade out, I don't understand why the buyer would feel he has the right to leave a neg" .

You guys are actually defending someone who lists books as 9.9 and they come back from ANY grading company far less than that?  WTF?  Are there different grading techniques for 9.9's that swing it so far out of whack?  Then, this seller begins to hound and basically stalk a buyer who leaves a neutral feedback based on his crappy grading?  Seriously?  Wow.... am I out of whack with what is reasonable.    

Edited by Mapleleafvann

23 minutes ago, Mapleleafvann said:

You guys are actually defending someone who lists books as 9.9 and they come back from ANY grading company far less than that?  WTF?  Are there different grading techniques for 9.9's that swing it so far out of whack?  Then, this seller begins to hound and basically stalk a buyer who leaves a neutral feedback based on his crappy grading?  Seriously?  Wow.... am I out of whack with what is reasonable.    

No one is defending the actions of the seller, he is totally out of line and I recommended the buyer contact the authorities.

If I buy a RAW book from a seller who says in HIS OPINION it is a 9.8, that is just that, his OPINION. The buyer either a) doesn't know what he's doing and subbed a book that had no shot at 9.8 or b) thought the book had a shot at 9.8 and subbed it.

I've bought books on eBay that came back graded at or under the raw grade the seller listed it at. I wouldn't even think to leave a negative or neutral feedback for the seller in that situation...YMMV

31 minutes ago, signedbyheroes said:

Anyways I think everyone is missing the point. He is calling my cell phone number ..its a restricted number so I have no idea what's his number he is calling from..he created some fake email account that is not linked to Ebay and emailing over and over.. all I'm asking is for help..if anyone has any info on Frank Simmons aka coasttocoastcomics on ebay ..like a phone number or a po number box I would appreciate any help.

Thank you

Have you contacted the police to file a complaint?