• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,583 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, mattn792 said:

Happy Thanksgiving!  And to heck with this guy -- jastoc_47

Woke up to a winning offer on my 9.8 Vengeance of Bane 2nd print...and this follow-up nonsense:

"I didn't realize that this was a second print, I would like to retract my offer"
"I apologize for the inconvenience but I don't want this book, I was turkey tired"
"It is a great book but I don't want to purchase this. I do apologize. I didn't realize that this was a second print. I am sorry for the inconvenience"

For the record, between the title, photos, and description, 2nd print is mentioned 5 times in my listing.  Take a walk thrill bidder/offerer.

"hello yes my turkey bid on this book plus I didnt realize second print meant second print. i thought it meant first print plus the turkey thing."

ebay user ID: charlie9912

Neg'd us because he doesn't know the difference between a mis-wrap and a trimmed book. Ebay will not remove the negative despite the fact that he is 100% wrong. I asked the ebay rep if the guy said the sky was green while we had a listing that the sky was blue, what would she do? She said it's his "opinion". Anyway, proceed with this turd nugget if you like dealing with restoration "experts". Not the first neg he's left for "trimming" either. 

22 hours ago, gregreece said:

Neg'd us because he doesn't know the difference between a mis-wrap and a trimmed book. Ebay will not remove the negative despite the fact that he is 100% wrong. I asked the ebay rep if the guy said the sky was green while we had a listing that the sky was blue, what would she do? She said it's his "opinion". Anyway, proceed with this turd nugget if you like dealing with restoration "experts". Not the first neg he's left for "trimming" either. 

Yuck!  How can that be a reasonable response from a rep? 

A new conversational trend I've seen develop over the last few years is that opinions cannot be wrong by virtue of the fact that they're opinions.  News flash: OPINIONS CAN BE WRONG!  If someone were of the opinion that standard comic books were round in shape, I assure you, the correct response is not "I respect that opinion". 

Edited by Turtle
Punctuation

1 hour ago, Turtle said:

Yuck!  How can that be a reasonable response from a rep? 

A new conversational trend I've seen develop over the last few years is that opinions cannot be wrong by virtue of the fact that they're opinions.  News flash: OPINIONS CAN BE WRONG!  If someone were of the opinion that standard comic books were round in shape, I assure you, the correct response is not "I respect that opinion". 

I read the feedback that the perp left, and I got a kick out of this -- "Book TRIMMED to disgiuse ROLLED SPINE"

First, he misspelled "disjuice."  (Noun; definition - the desired juice; usage - "I'll have a glass of disjuice instead of coffee with my bacon and eggs.") 

Second, while I'm no trimming expert, why would anyone trim a book to DISGUISE a spine roll?  And more importantly, how?  Seems to me such a process would entail removing the staples, cutting the entire spine down, somehow reattaching the covers into a new spine, then re-inserting the staples.  If only this industry had a pressing process that could safely mitigate spine rolls, such wonton destruction could be avoided...  

On 11/25/2018 at 3:55 PM, gregreece said:

This is the other book the guy is claiming to be severely trimmed. Apart from the miswrap, the bottom left corner shows a misalignment in the printing process.

I'm not the seller btw. Though he  is a UK seller.

image.png

3 minutes ago, Gnasher said:

This is the other book the guy is claiming to be severely trimmed. Apart from the miswrap, the bottom left corner shows a misalignment in the printing process.

I'm not the seller btw. Though he  is a UK seller.

image.png

By the clown prince's definition of trimming, CGC is missing plenty of it too...

s-l1600.jpg

On ‎11‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 7:38 PM, mattn792 said:

You don’t need to play junior detective on this.

Playing a little detective myself, here was the original listing.  I count three potential flaws just on the front cover pic, easily negating a super-high grade.

The buyer was obviously a little naïve to believe the grade estimate and shouldn't have left bad feedback just for the grading.  That said, the seller's response was atrocious and I've blocked them.  I prefer not to give business to someone who acts like that.

Edit: They actually sold several like this recently, also under the name coasttocoastcomics2.  Here, here, here, and here.

Edited by MadripoorNights
Added more sales

On 11/9/2018 at 10:32 PM, kav said:

financial situation

sudden illness/hospitalization

relative with sudden illness/hospitalization

kid/cat/power surge bid accidentally

paypal issues

Father dying last year.

Mother dying last year.

Mother AND father dying.

Mother, father, and older sister dying.

Mother dying and older sister pregnant

Older sister dying and mother pregnant.

Younger sister pregnant and older sister dying.

Here's an oldie but a goodie: Half of the family dying, other half pregnant.

16 minutes ago, W16227 said:

Father dying last year.

Mother dying last year.

Mother AND father dying.

-cat bid accidentally while we were all distracted by massive number of pregnancies/people dropping dead in living room.

36 minutes ago, W16227 said:

Father dying last year.

Mother dying last year.

Mother AND father dying.

It's night time, Klinger......go put on an evening dress!!!

15 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

If anyone ever uses the “father pregnant” excuse, I will cancel with nary a word.  And applaud while doing so.

"Father gone into labor.  On way to hospital.  Pls cancel order"

5 minutes ago, MagnusX said:

Ebay ID: shop-1017

He win a book I had for sell
and then I have this:

"My son ordered this after I told him him no.. I'm very sorry but could I cancel this order thanks..
Happy holidays"

:censored:

Reply are you sure it wasnt your cat?  Usually it's the cat.

7 hours ago, MagnusX said:

Ebay ID: shop-1017

He win a book I had for sell
and then I have this:

"My son ordered this after I told him him no.. I'm very sorry but could I cancel this order thanks..
Happy holidays"

:censored:

Reply:

”With this sale I told my son I could buy him (x).  Now I can’t, and you’ve ruined his Christmas.   Go have relations with yourself deadbeat.”

Edited by mattn792

4 minutes ago, mattn792 said:
7 hours ago, MagnusX said:

Reply:

”With this sale I told my son I could buy him (x).  Now I can’t, and you’ve ruined his Christmas.   Go have relations with yourself deadbeat.”

You might say well you can relist it-but with the time you wasted I can no longer meet the deadline for Christmas.  Thx a bunch.

Ps we both know you're lying about your 'son'-just pls stop.

I just... Don't understand...

Why would someone bid on an item that they have no intention of paying for? I bid on 10 items this past week that I wanted, but 3 of them got out-of-hand quickly. I didn't really want 70% of the set, and thankfully someone outbid me on all of them, but I would still honor my bids had they won.

And if that isn't the case, why would someone give their kid(s) access to their eBay account..?

I just... Don't understand...

2 minutes ago, Mystafo said:

Hey, don't talk to me or my son ever again.  Please find some other son to interact with.  There are billions in the world to choose from.

:|

There really are