• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,587 posts in this topic

Yeah I don't get some of this.

I just won an $88 auction that when I won I said to myself... now why would I do that...

I shrugged and paid.  The seller did nothing wrong and the seller was clear cut about everything.

Instead I will relist it as soon as I get it for $10-15 less to move it out as quickly as possible and learn me my lesson.

The only non paying bidder thing I have on me recently is someone I refused to pay.  I forget if I mentioned this.  They said that they combined shipping.  So I bought three lots from them.  They fulfilled the letter of their statement in that they said that they would combine all three items in one box but wanted to charge me 3X the cost of shipping. ($20 per lot so $60 total).  I protested, they insisted that they were adhering what they said...   I refused to pay on principle alone.   So now when I ask if someone combines shipping am I supposed to ask them to detail their answer?  That would get annoying to sellers. 

17 hours ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

When he got shown the exit here (and added to HOS) this seller threatened bodily harm to numerous boardies.

Every now and then I like to reread that old thread as it will go down as one of the best FDQ exits ever:ohnoez:

10 hours ago, Buzzetta said:

Yeah I don't get some of this.

I just won an $88 auction that when I won I said to myself... now why would I do that...

I shrugged and paid.  The seller did nothing wrong and the seller was clear cut about everything.

Instead I will relist it as soon as I get it for $10-15 less to move it out as quickly as possible and learn me my lesson.

The only non paying bidder thing I have on me recently is someone I refused to pay.  I forget if I mentioned this.  They said that they combined shipping.  So I bought three lots from them.  They fulfilled the letter of their statement in that they said that they would combine all three items in one box but wanted to charge me 3X the cost of shipping. ($20 per lot so $60 total).  I protested, they insisted that they were adhering what they said...   I refused to pay on principle alone.   So now when I ask if someone combines shipping am I supposed to ask them to detail their answer?  That would get annoying to sellers. 

Most times, I get sellers that automatically refund shipping if I win/buy multiple items, but sometimes I wonder if they're gonna make me pay $50 for 10 books that each have a $5 shipping cost (and end up only actually costing the seller $10 to ship).

I think you did nothing wrong. It's just common courtesy (I guess not as common as it should be).

54 minutes ago, telerites said:

Probably already mentioned but Mound City owns Coast to Coast Comics, correct?

Don't think so. Mound City is based in St. Louis and runs something called called Coast2Coast Auctions. coasttocoastcomics is based in CA and is the ebay handle of the fellow described in the posts above. IIRC, he's also an Overstreet advisor which I find concerning.

Edited by Dick Pontoon

johnmcgwn2011

This guy bought a $50 book from me and I never heard from him.  I sent him an invoice after a few days.  A gentle reminder a few days later.  A few days after that, I opened an unpaid item dispute.  Now that 4 days have passed, I closed it and got my listing/final value fees back.  The guy didn't reach out once.  Worth putting on your blocked list.  

1 minute ago, Turtle said:

johnmcgwn2011

This guy bought a $50 book from me and I never heard from him.  I sent him an invoice after a few days.  A gentle reminder a few days later.  A few days after that, I opened an unpaid item dispute.  Now that 4 days have passed, I closed it and got my listing/final value fees back.  The guy didn't reach out once.  Worth putting on your blocked list.  

I always think that maybe (s)he is dead. Has there been any other activity from this person?

Glad you got everything back.

16 minutes ago, NP_Gresham said:

I always think that maybe (s)he is dead. Has there been any other activity from this person?

possible, but same odds as cat bid on item.

On 12/7/2018 at 4:12 PM, NP_Gresham said:

That happened to me. I got a terse note from the executor after my second polite reminder a week and a half after the auction. (There was also a confirming obit online.)

1 minute ago, AJD said:

That happened to me. I got a terse note from the executor after my second polite reminder a week and a half after the auction. (There was also a confirming obit online.)

When my brother died credit card company called my parents asking them to pay his debt.  My dad said 'call the government-they'll bail you out"

I just put down the ban hammer, maybe a bit impulsively but when you get a bad feeling you should act on it. 7171yee asked me about Infinite Crisis 3 &5 auction which had a starting bid of $19.99 and BIN of $30. He asked for $20, I offered $25. He said his budget was $20 so I told him to bid on it at $19.99 and maybe he could get it then. He declined. That was two or three days ago. Then this morning I decided to lower some prices and figured I would try and get the quick sale with that auction and dropped the prices so that the BIN was $20. I told him I had reconsidered his offer and he could go get it if he was still interested. he replied that he now wanted $20 with free shipping so I dropped the hammer. We both changed our minds which is why I said it may have been impulsive but it felt like that guy who wants his military discount...not seriously looking to buy but constantly haggling. So BANNED! I did let him still communicate so if he messages me maybe I will change it but at this point I felt jerked around.

Edited by Bird

2 hours ago, Gsims718 said:

I recommend blocking dabearsfamily on eBay.  He sent me a offer, I accepted and then he wanted me to relist it for cheaper.  I said no and he threatened to pay and return it.   

Here is our exchange.  

Per eBay policy, you were actually in the wrong for not capitulating to the buyer's every demand... 

Seriously though, :censored: that guy.  "dabears".  How cute.  Go back to 1992, loser.

3 hours ago, Gsims718 said:

I recommend blocking dabearsfamily on eBay.  He sent me a offer, I accepted and then he wanted me to relist it for cheaper.  I said no and he threatened to pay and return it.   

Here is our exchange.  

63838413-A358-471F-AF40-335374DBF786.jpeg

you would have good luck with that.

On 11/18/2018 at 12:40 PM, signedbyheroes said:

I bought an item from Frank Simmons aka coasttocoastcomics  / eBay item number:113241212862

Wolverine 1 1988 ..he claim it was 9.8 -9.9 end up being a 9.4

i did a neutral review and he looked up my business email and my cell which is my personal email and business phone number. He has called several times and left VM just breathing ... he also has emailed 6 times within 36 hours with vulgar language, threatening me to change the review...of course i find out last night the review was removed by ebay with some excuse from ebay saying because he stated it was his opion it was 9.9 or 9.8 and not CGC option he can get away with it. I told ebay he was emailing me and calling me and of course they want me to forward to spoof@ebay.com but they wont let me speak to a rep in that department and they wont give me a time frame when they will get back with me. I want to report him to my local police but of course i threw away the package long ago so i don't have his address or info to report him.. i just know his name is Frank Simmons and he is located at El Dorado Hills CA area. I cant find any more info on him online. I don't think ebay will do anything because the email he is using to harass me is not registered to ebay and he is not sending the emails through ebay.. i was just able to get confirmation from ebay that Frank Simmons whos name of the email he is using ddetectivecomics@yahoo.com to harass me is the same name of coasttocaostcomics. I know he has been mention several times in the forum but does anyone have any kind of contact info so i can report this jerk.  I have attached the disgusting emails he has sent to me as an attachment .

Please assist me if you can..

Huh. I had something almost exactly like this happen in 2005. I wonder if it's the same person. Same exact MO.

Another winner (Sarcasm)

humangatan

Wannabe Buyer's message

Hey there, I'm sorry I got my auctions confused and thought I was bidding on another auction. Is there any way you can cancel this order?

My listing wasn't an auction, Placed an offer and I accepted a Buy it Now. At least get your lies straight