• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,560 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, manetteska said:

ID: williscomics 

Won an auction last Sunday. 

Sends me a message Wednesday saying payment will be there Thursday or Friday. 

And here we are on Saturday with no payment. 

How does the Second Chance offer work, if I wanted to sell to the second highest bidder? Do I have to wait?

I think you can send a second chance outright (I think this is to accommodate sellers with multiples of the same item), but you probably want to cancel first so that homeboy doesn’t actually make payment five days later.

Megatron9223

Made offer, I accepted, writes back a day later requesting to cancel. Told me he bought two copies for cheaper later and want to cancel our deal. 

On 1/25/2019 at 11:51 AM, the blob said:

otisthorpe33 - damaged $50 book while opening packaging, claimed ignorance, and then demanded full refund.. has not responded to my message calling him out on this. of course ebay automatically takes his side as I do not have a written confession from him. kharma is going to bite you dude, you sell some good books, someone will F one of them up and then demand a refund. What goes around comes around.

Maybe I'm not reading this right or missing something but did he say he damaged it? 

45 minutes ago, I like pie said:

Maybe I'm not reading this right or missing something but did he say he damaged it? 

He returned it. I can see where he sliced into the top of the comic bag while opening the cardboard sandwich. The gemini mailer it came in was undamaged. It is obvious what happened. It does not take Sherlock Holmes, although I have great powers of deduction. Shockingly I put it up for auction with the damage and it is almost at the prior sales price. Go figure. I guess I gave in too easily on the best offer.

warlockhim 

Made a bid and won one of my books at ebay , i had to cancel the transaction  because he sent me a message asking me to meet him via social media so we can close the deal and he was from another country i dont usually ship. 

One month passed and he leaves me negative fedback. I called ebay and they removed this feedback

So you should ad warlockhim  to your block list

30 minutes ago, Mijael.Levy said:

warlockhim 

Made a bid and won one of my books at ebay , i had to cancel the transaction  because he sent me a message asking me to meet him via social media so we can close the deal and he was from another country i dont usually ship. 

One month passed and he leaves me negative fedback. I called ebay and they removed this feedback

So you should ad warlockhim  to your block list

you're blocked, warlockyou

Edited by kav

On 11/25/2018 at 10:55 AM, gregreece said:

ebay user ID: charlie9912

Neg'd us because he doesn't know the difference between a mis-wrap and a trimmed book. Ebay will not remove the negative despite the fact that he is 100% wrong. I asked the ebay rep if the guy said the sky was green while we had a listing that the sky was blue, what would she do? She said it's his "opinion". Anyway, proceed with this turd nugget if you like dealing with restoration "experts". Not the first neg he's left for "trimming" either. 

Call them again and you will find someone else that might side with you

Another Loser to block

coolbruce73 

This person leaves the most petty feedbacks to sellers. just check it out his feedbacks left for others, you all will want to block this guy, even though he has over 1,100 feedbacks. 

Sold him a comic, it showed up damaged, told him to file a claim & i can replace it. Claim was filed, I responded and was waiting for his response, Never heard anything, Then leaves me a negative saying that I Never responded. Called eBay to report this. I still worked with him after the negative, told to send the damaged comic back, paid for a return label and he never returned it, Neg Feedback was removed. I did notice some familiar ebay handles that got the same thing, if you are one on them, keep calling ebay and get it removed and try to get this guy thrown off. 

May as well add this guy----won a 30 cent variant last night, and this afternoon asked to cancel claiming his paypal was hacked.

Not sure what that has to do with his eBay bids or not, because he didn't claim his eBay account was hacked, so I have to believe he actively bid on the book, won it, and now can't pay.

So I'd like to follow up here on seller p.sales from ebay.  I'm looking to see if any community board members have dealt with him in the past.

eBay - Eric McCroskey (p.sales)

Here's why----after a back and forth yesterday of him telling me all his accounts were hacked----credit card, paypal, eBay, and that he wanted to cancel the order, I woke up this morning to find he'd PAID for the book (after I made a 2nd chance offer to the runner up).    I went into his ebay history, and found that he does buy and sell similar items (graded comics, and even some price variants), so I was suspicious from the start.  Now I'm REALLY all WTF.   Looking to the hive mind for advice.  This is a new one on me.  IE: "I didn't want this, I didn't bid on it, I can't pay for it because putting a freeze on all my accounts" and then next thing I know----huzzah, he's paid for it.  WTF.

21 minutes ago, Rich_Henn said:

So I'd like to follow up here on seller p.sales from ebay.  I'm looking to see if any community board members have dealt with him in the past.

eBay - Eric McCroskey (p.sales)

Here's why----after a back and forth yesterday of him telling me all his accounts were hacked----credit card, paypal, eBay, and that he wanted to cancel the order, I woke up this morning to find he'd PAID for the book (after I made a 2nd chance offer to the runner up).    I went into his ebay history, and found that he does buy and sell similar items (graded comics, and even some price variants), so I was suspicious from the start.  Now I'm REALLY all WTF.   Looking to the hive mind for advice.  This is a new one on me.  IE: "I didn't want this, I didn't bid on it, I can't pay for it because putting a freeze on all my accounts" and then next thing I know----huzzah, he's paid for it.  WTF.

If the accounts were really hacked, and access to the funds for this purchase were missing for a bit, they might have been trying to be proactive, not knowing how long it would take for the funds to be restored.
The one time my PayPal was hacked and money taken, PayPal restored the missing amount within hours even before an investigation had begun.

56 minutes ago, DeadOne said:

If the accounts were really hacked, and access to the funds for this purchase were missing for a bit, they might have been trying to be proactive, not knowing how long it would take for the funds to be restored.
The one time my PayPal was hacked and money taken, PayPal restored the missing amount within hours even before an investigation had begun.

Still doesn't make sense though.  If his eBay was (allegedly) hacked, and this purchase from Rich was a result of said hack, why would he turn around and pay for a seemingly unwanted item the next day?

1 minute ago, mattn792 said:

Still doesn't make sense though.  If his eBay was (allegedly) hacked, and this purchase from Rich was a result of said hack, why would he turn around and pay for a seemingly unwanted item the next day?

I don't think this is true, only his money was frozen and couldn't pay, but not at the time of auction or BIN 

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
4 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

I don't think this is true, only his money was frozen and couldn't pay, but not at the time of auction or BIN 

That's how I read it as well.
I was under the impression that Rich saying  "IE: "I didn't want this, I didn't bid on it, I can't pay for it because putting a freeze on all my accounts" and then next thing I know----huzzah, he's paid for it." was just an example he was using and not the actual flurry of excuses that the buyer used.

If my interpretation is wrong, then you @mattn792 are probably right.

20 hours ago, Rich_Henn said:

May as well add this guy----won a 30 cent variant last night, and this afternoon asked to cancel claiming his paypal was hacked.

Not sure what that has to do with his eBay bids or not, because he didn't claim his eBay account was hacked, so I have to believe he actively bid on the book, won it, and now can't pay.

here is the original post, the buyer doesn't say ebay was hacked.... nor that he didn't bid on it.... @DeadOne @mattn792

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Don't you have to cancel the original transaction before you make a second chance offer? If so, how would the original buyer have paid for a cancelled purchase?

**Just a question, btw. No ill intent insinuated. 

Edited by DeadOne