• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,560 posts in this topic

29 minutes ago, DeadOne said:

Don't you have to cancel the original transaction before you make a second chance offer? If so, how would the original buyer have paid for a cancelled purchase?

**Just a question, btw. No ill intent insinuated. 

Damn Bryan, reading this thread makes me so happy that I only deal with the likes of you.

4 hours ago, Rich_Henn said:

So I'd like to follow up here on seller p.sales from ebay.  I'm looking to see if any community board members have dealt with him in the past.

eBay - Eric McCroskey (p.sales)

Here's why----after a back and forth yesterday of him telling me all his accounts were hacked----credit card, paypal, eBay, and that he wanted to cancel the order, I woke up this morning to find he'd PAID for the book (after I made a 2nd chance offer to the runner up).    I went into his ebay history, and found that he does buy and sell similar items (graded comics, and even some price variants), so I was suspicious from the start.  Now I'm REALLY all WTF.   Looking to the hive mind for advice.  This is a new one on me.  IE: "I didn't want this, I didn't bid on it, I can't pay for it because putting a freeze on all my accounts" and then next thing I know----huzzah, he's paid for it.  WTF.

Yes I had a similar thing happen.  Dude sent me best offer and I accepted.  He hadn't paid after a few days so I messaged him.  He said he didnt want it he just wanted to see what kind of offer I would accept.  I explained that once your offer is accepted, you bought it.  He said he didn't want it so I cancelled order.  Two weeks later I got notice from paypal item is PAID get ready to ship.  WTF.  Ok.  I packaged it up.  Sent him message.  He ignored it. Couple days later sent him another message ok if I dont hear back I assume you want this item since you paid for it and will be shipping.  He responded immediately no I dont want it I didnt pay for it.  I said yes you did and sent screen cap.  He finally realized when he paid all his paypal invoice for the month that item was still on it!  This was right after ebay and paypal split.

4 hours ago, DeadOne said:

That's how I read it as well.
I was under the impression that Rich saying  "IE: "I didn't want this, I didn't bid on it, I can't pay for it because putting a freeze on all my accounts" and then next thing I know----huzzah, he's paid for it." was just an example he was using and not the actual flurry of excuses that the buyer used.

If my interpretation is wrong, then you @mattn792 are probably right.

His first PM to me:

"Hello. I am sorry but I need to cancel this order. My paypal account was recently hacked along with my personal checking account. I have frozen the accounts and I need to work on getting that figured out first. Would you do me a favor and cancel this?"

At which point I straight up asked if his eBay account had been hacked too----after all, did you bid on this---decide you couldn't pay for it, or did someone else bid on it without your knowledge?   And I got this response:

"Yep. I got my eBay, PayPal, personal checking, debit card all messed with and used. They were able to access it remotely from states away is what my bank is saying. So I have had to close or freeze everything and redo all passwords etc. I am so sorry for any trouble it caused you. This hasn’t happened ever since I had this account forever."

And now this morning the item is paid for.  

4 hours ago, DeadOne said:

Don't you have to cancel the original transaction before you make a second chance offer? If so, how would the original buyer have paid for a cancelled purchase?

**Just a question, btw. No ill intent insinuated. 

Not necessarily.  I mostly do signature series and do multiple copies of an item.  So when one sells, I reach out to the runner up if I have another 2 or 3 laying around and offer those to the 2nd high or 3rd high bidder.  Tomorrow I'm calling paypal to investigate this a little closer.  If the buyer is being truthful and his account was compromised, PayPal will be able to verify.

17 minutes ago, Rich_Henn said:

His first PM to me:

"Hello. I am sorry but I need to cancel this order. My paypal account was recently hacked along with my personal checking account. I have frozen the accounts and I need to work on getting that figured out first. Would you do me a favor and cancel this?"

At which point I straight up asked if his eBay account had been hacked too----after all, did you bid on this---decide you couldn't pay for it, or did someone else bid on it without your knowledge?   And I got this response:

"Yep. I got my eBay, PayPal, personal checking, debit card all messed with and used. They were able to access it remotely from states away is what my bank is saying. So I have had to close or freeze everything and redo all passwords etc. I am so sorry for any trouble it caused you. This hasn’t happened ever since I had this account forever."

And now this morning the item is paid for.  

Guy is definitely full of it.  You don't supposedly freeze all of your "hacked" accounts, then turn around the very next day and pay for an eBay item that you supposedly didn't bid on.

Did the guy forget he had thrill bidder's remorse from one day to the next?  Did he develop thrill bidder's remorse remorse?  Regardless, hopefully this clown doesn't cause you much heartburn Rich. 

It is strange that after the little bit of back and forth that no message came along with the payment.

Maybe the story is BS and the item was accidentally paid for... meaning the oaf forgot to remove it before paying for other items. (shrug)

I wouldn't get your hopes up about PayPal revealing any info. on someone else's account. They'll probably just tell you to cancel/refund and move on.

It sucks any which way.

eBay - Eric McCroskey (p.sales) made Two Purchases, and also goes by Culver's, and as Plainfield Sales, and also has Two different email addresses;

The Tracking Numbers show that Both parcels were DELIVERED to the Confirmed  Paypal Shipping Address he Provided;

The buyer stated that they did not authorize this purchases, and has Opened Two Paypal Claims against us, one for $288.00 and the second for $300.00. 

6 hours ago, Douglas Sulipa said:

eBay - Eric McCroskey (p.sales) made Two Purchases, and also goes by Culver's, and as Plainfield Sales, and also has Two different email addresses;

The Tracking Numbers show that Both parcels were DELIVERED to the Confirmed  Paypal Shipping Address he Provided;

The buyer stated that they did not authorize this purchases, and has Opened Two Paypal Claims against us, one for $288.00 and the second for $300.00. 

Heads up @Rich_Henn 

@Douglas Sulipa

Thank you for the information----I'm moving forward to block all of those user ID's on eBay.  Also, just FYI, if you call and talk to PayPal, you can probably fight those chargebacks since this seems to be a history of behavior, and as they told me, "If the account had actually been compromised, no funds would have been paid out."  

Further proof that thrill bidding losers come at all feedback levels -- cyclocross13 (977 positive, member since 1998)

Won a book for a couple hundred bucks (was high bidder for roughly two days), asked to cancel an hour after auction close.  I refused and said I'd go through NPB, to which he responded he'd pay and leave negative feedback.  He did pay this morning, and I was ready to take him to task but ultimately didn't want the hassle, especially with the risk of getting a German phone book returned to me after a chargeback attempt.  

Payment refunded, order cancelled, feedback extortion reported to eBay.