• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,583 posts in this topic

Originally didn’t intend to report these guys but 3 cancellations within 24 hrs is above the top

1. Christopemassi-4  1. Makes an offer. 30 min later I accept, 1 min later. Cancellation request. Cancelled and delisted

2. brabra-qafja Makes an offer on the relisted book which I accept. 10 min later. Cancellation request as he overlooked that the pages are OW/W and he thought they were W. Cancelled and relisted

3. us.galbi. Multiple offer and counteroffers. I accept his latest offer. 30 min later. Cancellation request as he bought it cheaper ($200) from someone else

As I was typing got a 4th cancellation. Guess I upset someone 

4. mbdoubleup_8 made an offer. I accepted. Immediately after got the son excuse with a request to cancel.

all 4 blocked and reported to my ebay contact

Edited by Poka

On 2/11/2019 at 8:37 AM, mattn792 said:

Further proof that thrill bidding losers come at all feedback levels -- cyclocross13 (977 positive, member since 1998)

Won a book for a couple hundred bucks (was high bidder for roughly two days), asked to cancel an hour after auction close.  I refused and said I'd go through NPB, to which he responded he'd pay and leave negative feedback.  He did pay this morning, and I was ready to take him to task but ultimately didn't want the hassle, especially with the risk of getting a German phone book returned to me after a chargeback attempt.  

Payment refunded, order cancelled, feedback extortion reported to eBay.

What’s NPB?

9 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

didn't give an opportunity to fix the issue - straight negative feedback - zero contact

anub1sibizu 

I listed the books as VF/NM and I know that the books were indeed higher - completely malicious feedback

ebay removed a neg for me once when a guy did that -  rep said they have to contact first to try to work it out.  It says that when you choose neg when leaving FB.  Maybe give it a shot.

2 minutes ago, jsilverjanet said:

I did report and plan to contact them tomorrow

How did you report I thought all you could do is call?  I need to know abt this.

2 hours ago, Gaard said:

So from what I just read ... every neg FB I see means that the buyer contacted the seller (or vice versa) first with his complaint?

Not sure what you mean. I would hope as a seller that if a buyer wasn’t satisfied with their purchase that they’d contact the seller. Shouldn’t the seller be given the opportunity to fix an issue?

9 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

didn't give an opportunity to fix the issue - straight negative feedback - zero contact

anub1sibizu 

I listed the books as VF/NM and I know that the books were indeed higher - completely malicious feedback

Looks like that buyer has left the same feedback a few times.over the past month. Even some of their positive feedback isn't so positive.

I blocked someone on FB for pulling a few shenanigans.

What was interesting was that he even realized that he was screwing around and when I told him that we could no longer do business with each other he apologized and said he realized he was wasting my time. 

Some of the people who are blocked do actually 'get it' it seems,  So maybe blocking is a useful tool to change behaviors. 

10 hours ago, jsilverjanet said:

Not sure what you mean. I would hope as a seller that if a buyer wasn’t satisfied with their purchase that they’d contact the seller. Shouldn’t the seller be given the opportunity to fix an issue?

Absolutely.

I just didn't know that you needed to contact the seller first before leaving negative feedback. Unless I'm reading it wrong, that's what the Ebay rep told kav

13 hours ago, Gaard said:

So from what I just read ... every neg FB I see means that the buyer contacted the seller (or vice versa) first with his complaint?

not all sellers know to call ebay tho but yeah thats what a rep told me once and he deleted neg.

On 2/11/2019 at 9:24 PM, Poka said:

Originally didn’t intend to report these guys but 3 cancellations within 24 hrs is above the top

1. Christopemassi-4  1. Makes an offer. 30 min later I accept, 1 min later. Cancellation request. Cancelled and delisted

2. brabra-qafja Makes an offer on the relisted book which I accept. 10 min later. Cancellation request as he overlooked that the pages are OW/W and he thought they were W. Cancelled and relisted

3. us.galbi. Multiple offer and counteroffers. I accept his latest offer. 30 min later. Cancellation request as he bought it cheaper ($200) from someone else

Thanks for the looser list.... Christopemassi-4 shows up as invalid ID....

BLOCK this guy:

dlabrador83

Bought my (expensive) coverless Ace Comics 11. Complained that the book was coverless and returned it and has now opened a case on me.

I don't need these kind of shenanigans.