• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,560 posts in this topic

On 3/15/2019 at 7:35 PM, jcjames said:

Don't you have "buyer pays shipping on returns" for situations like this?

I did not have to pay for return shipping and only refunded the purchase price. In other words he paid shipping both ways.

Good grief...

3 hours ago, oldrover said:

I just blocked sarkirak-0 (1)... maybe I'm too quick on the trigger... but after asking multiple questions on a book up for auction, and then bidding, he then asks if I'll sell it to him for $20.

Plus, his location says Armenia... and I don't ship outside the US.

Probably over-reacting... but for some reason all I could think of was...

2wbrdx.gif

So I blocked him and canceled his bid... and he started emailing me. Which he can still do because he's emailing on the old thread, from which he is not blocked.

I will either have to ignore his emails now, or cancel the auction and restart.

giphy.gif

Is it 5:00 yet? LOL

EDIT: Just for fun... I unblocked him. Don't ask me why. This should be interesting. :)

Edited by oldrover

21 minutes ago, oldrover said:

Good grief...

So I blocked him and canceled his bid... and he started emailing me. Which he can still do because he's emailing on the old thread, from which he is not blocked.

I will either have to ignore his emails now, or cancel the auction and restart.

giphy.gif

Is it 5:00 yet? LOL

EDIT: Just for fun... I unblocked him. Don't ask me why. This should be interesting. :)

Play it like a comedy routine and report back.

The guy is bidding on an Ultimate Spidey 1 first edition in 9.0 or higher condition (raw)... and he's trying to get me to sell it to him for $20. LOL

And he's told me he's been outbid on two other books... his high bid was $40, and both books went for over $90.

He's gonna be outbid on this too... but because he couldn't have the bidding opportunity anymore... it suddenly became the MOST IMPORTANT THING IN HIS LIFE. O.o:screwy:

5 minutes ago, oldrover said:

The guy is bidding on an Ultimate Spidey 1 first edition in 9.0 or higher condition (raw)... and he's trying to get me to sell it to him for $20. LOL

And he's told me he's been outbid on two other books... his high bid was $40, and both books went for over $90.

He's gonna be outbid on this too... but because he couldn't have the bidding opportunity anymore... it suddenly became the MOST IMPORTANT THING IN HIS LIFE. O.o:screwy:

You need to toy with him a bit.  Ask him if he has any rabbits he can add to his bid you'll maybe accept rabbits and money.

1 hour ago, oldrover said:

Give the guy a modicum of credit -- most people would evaluate being significantly outbid on two occasions as a sign to up their max bid.  But not this guy, he's going to buck capitalism and pester sellers until he can obtain the book he's seeking for 80% less than FMV!

6 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

Give the guy a modicum of credit -- most people would evaluate being significantly outbid on two occasions as a sign to up their max bid.  But not this guy, he's going to buck capitalism and pester sellers until he can obtain the book he's seeking for 80% less than FMV!

So I let him back in... and because I cancelled his bids... the current bid is at $5.50.

So... the smart play would be to wait until the very end, and then enter your highest possible bid.

That would require patience, and wisdom.

Of which he appears to have neither. LOL

Immediately he bids the book up. However, another guy kept outbidding him.... at first with a reserve... then bid again and boosted his reserve.

Now the auction is at $34.00, and Armenia's outbid. Possibly for good. 

That said, I'm not unhappy. :bigsmile:

Today we have an annoyance and a snowflake:

First the annoyance -- dsock309 

Offered a fair price for Uncanny 267 which I agreed to, and we went back and for a couple times about shipping vs pick-up at C2E2.  Backed out before we could finalize everything.  Not out anything, just a bit annoyed.

Snowflake -- braydeconlo-0

Couldn't even give me a halfway decent story about we he can't come up with $42 to pay for an auction win, just radio silence.

Member id sylvaidhumeau0 ( Feedback Score Of 210Teal star icon for feedback score in between 100 to 499)

Buys a book from me on Feb 28, sends me a message almost right after saying it was a mistake and that they'd never pay for it and that I should just cancel the order. To save myself from the headache I agree. Now today they leave me negative feedback just saying "perfect". Calling eBay when they open to have the feedback removed.

On 3/15/2019 at 10:19 AM, I like pie said:

ziggyzagged

Won an auction Sunday. No replies to any follow up messages. Strike given.

You gave a strike just via the report buyer link? Or did you have to make a case and wait and see if they responded and then ebay put the strike on the buyer?

5 hours ago, Kreton said:

rtyp-81

Purchased a sealed, new in box, comic related toy from me.  Opened a return because he, " Just didn't like it."  Received item back opened with the box damaged and items crammed back into packaging.

Seems pretty clear that you didn't receive the item in the same condition in which it was sent.  I'd contact ebay and have the return reversed. 

6 hours ago, Turtle said:

Seems pretty clear that you didn't receive the item in the same condition in which it was sent.  I'd contact ebay and have the return reversed. 

Yup - and if they don't agree with you... then hang up and call again until you get someone that does. 

Just got a paypal email stating a case was opened against me from a comic buyer I sold to 7 weeks ago.  I got an automated response that I am protected by paypal seller protection but still shows an open case with a resolution date one month out. 

buyer ebay ID is kipag-1

Used the shipping address 

5734 w Palo Verde ave
Glendale AZ 85302

Often times someone has their credit card stolen and items are bought by the thief then sent to some address, whether it is their own or not, I am not sure. 
There are two completely different names showing up, one is Kim Page and the other Paul Rettinger.  They used Paul in the shipping address but Kim is registered to the ebay account.  I am going to guess Kim Page is likely the inactive ebay account that was hacked and used to buy items with a stolen credit card.  Whether Paul Rettinger is even a real person who knows.