• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,560 posts in this topic

bscheidjr

Don't know if this guy was attempting the old switcharoo or what. He bought a comic for $5. ($10 with shipping). It arrived today, the 6th, at 12:25pm... but got a return request at 10:46am... Reason: Bought by mistake. Bid a few days before auction's end and paid day after. Shipped on April Fools day. Plenty of time to realize his mistake before shipping.

1:04 pm... My reply to his request: "Hi. Got a return request for Spawn #2 with reason being that it was ordered by mistake. Can you please expand on your reason to return because I can’t understand how this could have been a mistake. The comic is near mint so I hope it is returned in the same condition, mailing back using the same comic box. Thanks, Joe"

Return request cancelled: 3:45 pm.... "I'll keep it."

Might have realized that he was paying shipping both ways... or who knows. I was a bit leery about this guy after checking his feedback and items for sale. He had the same Spawn for sale at a similar price which was puzzling.... My Spidy sense should have kicked in and I should have cancelled his bid. 

Considering changing my return policy...It will affect my Top Seller rating if I don't accept returns, but may stop some of these scammers. What policy do you peeps have?

Edited by jokiing

marks5474

Block this fraudster! I've been looking for a high grade CGC of Fast Willie Jackson #1. So I do a quick eBay search (using keywords: Fast Willie Jackson #1 cgc) and guess what? This guy's selling two CGC 9.6s and they're identical! (same CGC serial numbers):

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fast-Willie-Jackson-1-1976-CGC-9-6-2006525008/133020036987?hash=item1ef89caf7b:g:LIsAAOSwEeBcr-Pg

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fast-Willie-Jackson-1-1976-CGC-9-6-2006525008/133020775143?hash=item1ef8a7f2e7:g:tloAAOSwxbFcsMyp

more over...they are copy & pastes of a MyComicshop listing!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fast-Willie-Jackson-1-1976-CGC-9-6-2006525008/133002904794?hash=item1ef79744da:g:0-cAAOSwdX5cmeEX:sc:USPSPriority!55410!US!-1

Uggh! Somebody get these fraudster outa eBay please! Cuz it wastes peoples time looking for legit items on eBay.

Add actionstuff  to your block list

I've never had to file a claim before---so this was a first for me.

I purchased two cps of Chilling Adv. of Sabrina #1 from seller actionstuff last week.

From the beginning, I requested to pay a little more for shipping via USPS Priority in a box or gemini mailer.

The seller only uses Media Mail, and mailer envelopes.  I was concerned about damage in the mail---almost any time someone ships me something via media mail it arrives damaged.  The seller assured me that she's never had an issue and that she uses enough cardboard to protect it.

The pkg arrived today damaged, both books with huge corner crunches.  I filed a request to return the books, provided pictures of the books and the pkg.

Her response was to claim that these were not the books she sent me.  I'm trying to escalate this through ebay, I'm surprised that the seller would really dispute this over a $15 sale.

I suppose I should never have stepped out of my comfort zone and purchased with someone who only uses media mail.

sabdamaged1.jpg

sabdamaged2.jpg

sabrinadamage3.jpg

sabrinadamage2.jpg

damagedpkg.jpg

This is just getting better and better.   A second reply from her:

"You made multiple attempts thru ebay messaging indicating conditions of items you have received from others, and also questioning my items, prior to buying. This kind of Abusing Ebay's Money Back Guarantee will not be tolerated. Please do not continue to harass my Good Reputation, and Threaten my Good feedback. "

Game on.

5 minutes ago, Pontoon said:

And her "plenty of cardboard" is a thin Priority Mail Envelope? That's not supposed to be used for anything besides Priority Mail? She stuck the books in that and then inside a plastic bag?

She put the comics in between cardboard---put that into the priority envelope, and then sealed THAT up into a plastic bag, taped with eBay tape.

Honestly----it probably SHOULD have arrived secure---but that corner crunch looks like someone at the post office dropped a BOX on it.  Media Mail is never secure. It's the worst.

51 minutes ago, Rich_Henn said:

Add actionstuff  to your block list

I've never had to file a claim before---so this was a first for me.

I purchased two cps of Chilling Adv. of Sabrina #1 from seller actionstuff last week.

From the beginning, I requested to pay a little more for shipping via USPS Priority in a box or gemini mailer.

The seller only uses Media Mail, and mailer envelopes.  I was concerned about damage in the mail---almost any time someone ships me something via media mail it arrives damaged.  The seller assured me that she's never had an issue and that she uses enough cardboard to protect it.

The pkg arrived today damaged, both books with huge corner crunches.  I filed a request to return the books, provided pictures of the books and the pkg.

Her response was to claim that these were not the books she sent me.  I'm trying to escalate this through ebay, I'm surprised that the seller would really dispute this over a $15 sale.

I suppose I should never have stepped out of my comfort zone and purchased with someone who only uses media mail.

sabdamaged1.jpg

sabdamaged2.jpg

sabrinadamage3.jpg

sabrinadamage2.jpg

damagedpkg.jpg

Ouch man. Hopefully eBay handles this swiftly for you.

marks5474

At it again this morning...copy/pasting a Mycomicshop listing as his/her own. The relisting gives it a new eBay item number so guys, please report this listing.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/133026915490?ul_noapp=true

Original mycomicshop ebay listing:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fast-Willie-Jackson-1-1976-CGC-9-6-2006525008/133002904794

17 hours ago, Rich_Henn said:

She put the comics in between cardboard---put that into the priority envelope, and then sealed THAT up into a plastic bag, taped with eBay tape.

Honestly----it probably SHOULD have arrived secure---but that corner crunch looks like someone at the post office dropped a BOX on it.  Media Mail is never secure. It's the worst.

Ironically enough Rich, had she just honored your original request to pay up for priority shipping, they'd have automatically been insured for $50 and the post office would be the one standing tall to answer for the damage. 

jaso-randl (88)

Negotiated a Best Offer back and forth and settled on a price. Sent two messages during the negotiation. Never paid and no contact after.

Update:

Me:

On the block list you go.

Buyer:

sweet!!! is it an exclusive club? thanks a bunch
Jason from San Antonio

Edited by ygogolak

This one is a warning specifically for those of you who sell/buy toys, specifically vintage Transformers. But others may find it useful as well.

I listed a little under 100 vintage Transformers auctions about three weeks ago. Once they ended, nearly everyone had paid within the first 48 hours, which is how things tend to go. I had two cancellations immediately after the auctions, which are frustrating, but seem to be happening more often these days on eBay.

At any rate, one buyer had won 9 lots for me, totaling right around $200. After two days and no contact or payment, I sent another invoice. After three, I sent a politely worded message indicating that after four days an Unpaid Item case would be opened, so could they please let me know when they planned on paying. I am generally pretty easy to work with, and can be a softy on this stuff, as long as the person communicates with me. I can wait a few days as long as I know the money is coming.

Radio silence.

So, after the fourth day, I open an unpaid item case, which I thought was for the entire lot, but apparently was only for one of the items (D'oh! This is on me.) 

After four more days (the time you have to allow a buyer to respond to an unpaid item case) I still had no payment and no communication. Checking the buyer's feedback, they are continuing to purchase items, as the feedback grows and grows. I'm prepared to close the case, when I finally, at long last (and about two hours before the unpaid item case is set to close), get a message apologizing, and asking that I giver her until Friday to pay for everything. This is Monday. I really don't want to wait four more days to get paid, but I also don't want to run the auctions again, because lots like these tend to do better when you have a bunch of stuff selling all at once. 99 auctions draws attention. 9 on their own, not so much.

So, I wait until Friday. Still no payment. Finally, on Friday, I get another request asking that I wait until Sunday, when they get paid. They are only $20 short. I tell her that payment must be received by the next day, Saturday. No response. On Saturday, I close the case, only to find that I had apparently only selected the first item in the case. So, I go ahead and initiate the remaining 8 unpaid item cases, and as expected, there is no further communication or payment. So, this week, at long last, I was able to close the remaining 8 strikes on their account. Is that enough to close them down? I'm not sure. She seems to be selling Transformers parts herself now, of course.

ale_5241 is the buyer.

Edited by F For Fake

On 2/11/2019 at 9:37 AM, mattn792 said:

Further proof that thrill bidding losers come at all feedback levels -- cyclocross13 (977 positive, member since 1998)

Won a book for a couple hundred bucks (was high bidder for roughly two days), asked to cancel an hour after auction close.  I refused and said I'd go through NPB, to which he responded he'd pay and leave negative feedback.  He did pay this morning, and I was ready to take him to task but ultimately didn't want the hassle, especially with the risk of getting a German phone book returned to me after a chargeback attempt.  

Payment refunded, order cancelled, feedback extortion reported to eBay.

Another vote for this clown, cyclocross13, reports items not as described, when I ask for proof/pics I get no response other than case opened.