• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,586 posts in this topic

Two more clowns that buy but do not pay. They both never bothered to answer any of my messages

rdfnd_89    This one is a newbie, with a feedback of 9

topgun04191  this one is an experienced ebayer, feedback of 1787

On 5/9/2019 at 9:46 PM, mattn792 said:

silveragecollectibles618 -- 11,000+ positives, 0 integrity.  I'd buy a short box full of Stan Lee forgeries from tonfulle-84 before I'd do business with this guy again.

In short, he bought an Uncanny 120 from me for $18 shipped, description of which, in part, contained the following:

"NOTABLE FLAWS: The main flaw of this book is that it has become slightly wavy, I believe due to moisture exposure (touch gives that impression, and there also appears to be a water stain on the back cover which should be visible in the photo)."  [I also graded the book at a 3.0 overall]

A couple days after shipping I get a "not as described" return request (demand; you can't not accept these, because eBay).  Reasoning?  "This book is water damaged. Did not say so in the description."

I somewhat tersely reminded Mr. buyer of the lengthy sentence I wrote on the topic, response was "well, its coming back regardless".  Ultimately I was going to lose any debate with eBay, because eBay.  So finally I said spoon it here's your money back, send the book back or don't, I don't give an excrement.  Figured why pay return shipping and/or additional blood money to eBay for a book that I just wanted a little beer money for? 

I also wasted a bit of time filling out two of those "Report Buyer" reports, in the second one I made sure to mention that I know eBay doesn't give an excrement about what transpired and I doubt anyone reads these anyway.  

I'll follow-up and award homeboy one integrity point if the book actually does show back up in my mailbox.

Cool story bro :cool:

Here's another for the blocked bidder list.

dewilli-54 
28 Feedback Rating

Bid on a bloodshot comic lot, won the auction, paid and then requested a cancellation almost immediately without explanation. I granted it and then immediately blocked him.

On 5/11/2019 at 9:16 AM, mattn792 said:

Sure, I was only there to deal with it firsthand.  But you’re the one who is right, random internet third party.  👍

He is right. You should not have to pay shipping for a book that was not described correctly. Who told you this? This has happened to me and I request the seller to provide a shipping label and they do if they want it back.

Edited by Franzese10

14 minutes ago, Franzese10 said:

He is right. You should not have to pay shipping for a book that was not described correctly. Who told you this? This has happened to me and I request the seller to provide a shipping label and they do if they want it back.

FFS, this is still a thing?  I’m right about my situation.  Deal with it.

Here is another LOSER to block

schena7

Bought something from me and leaves a negative feedback, doesn't even send me a message to say what is wrong, (Has a habit of doing that, check FB left for others). Messaged this person, waited a week, No response. Ebay has already removed the negative feedback. 

Another one

dondall-0

won a few items on my ebay auctions, all won at $.99 each, kept emailing me that he would pay on wednesday (six days after auction ended) then emails me on wednesday to say he is having issues with his credit card (final price was $6.93), then no response

Edited by HOTFLIPS

4 minutes ago, HOTFLIPS said:

Here is another LOSER to block

schena7

Bought something from me and leaves a negative feedback, doesn't even send me a message to say what is wrong, (Has a habit of doing that, check FB left for others). Messaged this person, waited a week, No response. Ebay has already removed the negative feedback. 

I thought you can't leave a negative if you hadn't messaged the seller? Has this changed?

4 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

I thought you can't leave a negative if you hadn't messaged the seller? Has this changed?

You have to keep calling until someone on eBay agrees with you. most of the time when you speak to an eBay rep, they are willing to help you out

I did reach out and there was no response

Edited by HOTFLIPS

1 minute ago, HOTFLIPS said:

You have to keep calling until someone on eBay agrees with you. most of the time when you speak to an eBay rep, they are willing to help you out

I did reach out and there was no response

Noooooooooo. I mean, as the buyer, I thought you have to message the seller before you could leave negative feedback. That's how it was for the negative I left a few months ago.

I'm aware that getting the neg removed can be excessively annoying.

22 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

Noooooooooo. I mean, as the buyer, I thought you have to message the seller before you could leave negative feedback. That's how it was for the negative I left a few months ago.

I'm aware that getting the neg removed can be excessively annoying.

I thought the same thing, the buyer never contacted me to let me know that there was a problem, just left a negative

I knock on wood whenever I read this thread. I've been buying/selling comics on Ebay for 5 years (been a member since '99) but I have yet to experience anything close to the stories I've read here. Never had a reason to block anyone and hopefully never will. I'm sure it's normal to never be jacked around ... well, either that or I'm blessed.  :angel:

this one should be added to your blocked bidder list.

username lcheah2012   he is a fraudster, was trying haggle with my friend for ages on a MSE 15 and when my friend said he would not give any discount he used the buy it now.

Luckily my friend sent the item tracked and signed and a couple of weeks later, he said he did not get the comic and wanted his money back. My friend checked tracking, saw the details and that he had signed for it, yeah stupid person. My friend spoke with ebay, they said wait until he opens a claim, which he then did, ebay closed it quickly, he is under supposedly under ebay investigation. My friend told him he was committing fraud (or trying to) her replied saying, what are you, some sort of lawyer or something, my friend said he would tell as many people as possible to warn others of his tactic.

On 8/2/2018 at 4:00 PM, lonetree said:

Here is an eBay seller to watch:  pennyanddimestudios

I will add that I agree to be careful of this seller.  I recently won a couple auctions from this seller, while waiting on combined shipping (which they advertise offering), they cancelled one of the two auctions.  No notice whatsoever.

I reached out to them and never received a response.  I went ahead and requested they cancel the other item also, they did without any response and immediately relisted it.  I no longer wanted to do business with this seller after this.

Fast forward 24hrs, I received an email that an item I was interested in had been relisted, low and behold there was the item they cancelled that I had won (as well as a couple other items that I lost out on that they must have done the same with). It now had a Buy It Now and was nearly $100 more than what I won the auction for.  Pretty shady practice to have seller's remorse because you didn't get as much as you felt you could.  And since I had not payed for either auction, I could not leave any feedback.

I contacted Ebay to let them know about this seller and what they had done.  They are opening an investigation on them.