• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,560 posts in this topic

42 minutes ago, mattn792 said:

And the cat promptly started seizing.  Out of the goodness of my heart I covered the veterinary and ER bills for these perfect strangers but am now out the $4000 I had planned to pay you.  I thought about setting up a goFundMe to cover the cost of the books I planned to buy, but they wanted a Social Security Number and I loaned that to my neighbor’s 6 year old last week.  I am epically apologetic and apoplectic.

-it was at this point I noticed my shoes were worn out!  Also my socks.  I could have conceivably still honored the purchase but now I would be needing several pairs of highly expensive orthopedic shoes-

1 minute ago, kav said:

-it was at this point I noticed my shoes were worn out!  Also my socks.  I could have conceivably still honored the purchase but now I would be needing several pairs of highly expensive orthopedic shoes-

-And by getting out ahead of the orthopedic shoe possibility, I’ve now saved money which in the long run can be put toward a future comic purchase!  I sincerely and thoroughly look forward to doing business in the future most gracious sir.-

ebayexcusescreatedforyou.com — brought to you by kav and matt.  

1 minute ago, mattn792 said:

-And by getting out ahead of the orthopedic shoe possibility, I’ve now saved money which in the long run can be put toward a future comic purchase!  I sincerely and thoroughly look forward to doing business in the future most gracious sir.-

ebayexcusescreatedforyou.com — brought to you by kav and matt.  

Now that I have the right shoes I will actually be making larger purchases from you-as I walk for a living.  This is a win-win for you. the seller-

7 hours ago, mattn792 said:

Absolutely!  This thread is basically our only respite from eBay’s policy of screwing sellers at every turn.

Here they are, eBay ID is tropix101, I've already added them to my blocked bidder list.

Screenshot_20190625-073636~2.png

15 hours ago, Bill C said:

I'm not reporting any negative story about this seller (probably a boardie actually?) but before I bid with him I am wondering if anyone has had any experiences with him? :

hotintheshade2013

He has seven negatives in the last year (out of 73 FB), all basically complaining of the same thing- he cancels orders when the book doesn't sell as high as possibly hoped. Wondering if anyone can vouch for (or against?) him. To bid on one of his auctions, I'd have to shift my work schedule and don't want to do that if there's a good chance of cancellation.

This guy was a board member but I haven't seen him active here in many years.  In fact, he used to be a witness for Signature Series under the old program (pre-2010).  He was known for getting some of the toughest-to-get signatures and sketch covers out there.  He was also notoriously private about his collection. 

I can't say I've interacted with him in the last few years, so I'm afraid I can't vouch for him as I don't know what his current situation is. 

15 hours ago, Jmchnaway said:

What's the consensus on eBay buyers requesting a return on CGC graded books because they "Found a better price" and "needed to return this because i got something else"? I do have a 14 day remorse return period, which I was told, by eBay, negates any specific mentions in the listing to no CGC returns.

You should remove entirely or amend your remorse policy to explicitly state for raw books only if you feel the need to have one.

ebay would have sided with you if omitted all together and provided them the buyers “found a better price” excuse

1 hour ago, MustEatBrains said:

You should remove entirely or amend your remorse policy to explicitly state for raw books only if you feel the need to have one.

ebay would have sided with you if omitted all together and provided them the buyers “found a better price” excuse

Good point, I may just go that route going forward. The eBay Concierge desk member that I spoke to suggested that I keep the return policy, in case someone really wanted to return the item and would lie about the item being incorrect or defective to force a return. So, either way, unsavory buyers have the upper hand on eBay!

Here's someone many folks on these boards have had fun run-ins with.  He's caused havoc for many (wins and never pays) and keeps coming back with new usernames.  I am out 750 on three fury comics he won last week and in typical Sahakian fashion, didn't bother to reply to invoices nor pay for the books.  I'm doing the whole non-paying thing via ebay to get listing fees etc back but thought I'd warn the community this fine, upstanding contributor to our hobby is back...block him from all your auctions

current username: spicyco-66

former usernames include:

lagiant888

texastoast909

dddsahakian

adsahakian1

armenookie

And here is his latest address according to PayPal.

Armen D. Sahakian
161 Banyan Dr
State College, PA 16801-2562 
United States

Avoid this waste of oxygen at all costs.   

13 minutes ago, SUPREMO said:

Here's someone many folks on these boards have had fun run-ins with.  He's caused havoc for many (wins and never pays) and keeps coming back with new usernames.  I am out 750 on three fury comics he won last week and in typical Sahakian fashion, didn't bother to reply to invoices nor pay for the books.  I'm doing the whole non-paying thing via ebay to get listing fees etc back but thought I'd warn the community this fine, upstanding contributor to our hobby is back...block him from all your auctions

lagiant888

texastoast909

dddsahakian

adsahakian1

armenookie

Armen D. Sahakian
161 Banyan Dr
United States

Remember folks once you block someone they can change their username all they want theyre still blocked.  If he's opening several accounts I would report to ebay-I believe they only allow 2.

1 hour ago, SUPREMO said:

lagiant888

texastoast909

dddsahakian

adsahakian1

armenookie

Armen D. Sahakian
161 Banyan Dr
United States

I thought the original issue with this user was something worse than non-payment. 

If I remember right, he would win and pay for items, receive them and then wait until the USPS tracking number would expire (I want to say 30 days after the label was created) and then file a failure to receive claim (with either eBay or PayPal, can't remember which) because the window for making such a claim extended beyond the life expectancy of the tracking number. 

Since the tracking number was now defunct the seller no longer had "proof" that the buyer received it in which case Armen won the case and got to keep both the book and get his money back at the seller's expense. If I recall correctly, he was nailing sellers for some pretty expensive books. 

I think it was thanks to Armen that I started asking for receipts every time I dropped packages off as that was proof that a seller had shipped a buyer's package and was the only way to thwart this kind of scam. 

Maybe I'm misremembering, but I thought his shenanigans went way beyond non-payment. 

15 hours ago, SUPREMO said:

lagiant888

texastoast909

dddsahakian

adsahakian1

armenookie

Armen D. Sahakian
161 Banyan Dr
United States

Thanks for the heads up. Blocked.

ebay user ID: silversurfer.rx_2 

Puts offer in on $3500 book.  

Hi to whom it may concern,

I had made an offer regarding the 4.5 cgc Brave and Bold #28. Please disregard my offer of $3500. At the time, I thought I had budgeted enough to purchase such a wonderful comic. But I just will not be able to afford it even for this price. Sorry for the inconvenience. Thank you.

Thrill bidders for the win! :banana:

2 hours ago, gregreece said:

ebay user ID: silversurfer.rx_2 

Puts offer in on $3500 book.  

Hi to whom it may concern,

I had made an offer regarding the 4.5 cgc Brave and Bold #28. Please disregard my offer of $3500. At the time, I thought I had budgeted enough to purchase such a wonderful comic. But I just will not be able to afford it even for this price. Sorry for the inconvenience. Thank you.

Thrill bidders for the win! :banana:

Was this the same book that windshield guy backed out of?