• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,583 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, 01TheDude said:

on the plus side, it doesn't sound like there were any bids that lost out -- not that this excuses them, just less of a bite on a possible sale or people thinking there was a shill bidder

He won the auction. I wasted a week and have to relist again 

2 hours ago, comixry said:

Do you guys know if once you block a buyer, that eBay prevents them from viewing any of your auctions? That is, if they are logged into eBay; if not, I realize they for sure can browse their hearts content. Once I block a buyer, I'd rather not want to deal with them again.

I know that you can adjust your settings so that they can not contact you, but doubt that it blocks them viewing auctions that they won't be able to bid on. I'd prefer for them to try and bid and realize that they're blocked. Sort of a karma moment.

5 hours ago, comixry said:

Do you guys know if once you block a buyer, that eBay prevents them from viewing any of your auctions? That is, if they are logged into eBay; if not, I realize they for sure can browse their hearts content. Once I block a buyer, I'd rather not want to deal with them again.

ebay will not prevent them from viewing your auctions but they cannot bid on them

On 9/9/2019 at 8:21 PM, jsilverjanet said:

He won the auction. I wasted a week and have to relist again 

I apologize if what I wrote made you mad or something. No argument that the person is totally in need of blocking for their actions. I guess what you wrote and responded have me confused.

Were there other bids for the item that their bid won over?

If there were no other bids - I assume they bid the minimum. So without them, there are no bids and a relist would be inevitable. You did not address the question and seemingly yelled at me as if I know all the details that you failed to bring up. Without details, you leave all of us having to guess what is going on based on your words. The guy bid 6 days before the auction ended -- that to me means they were an early bidder-- likely the only bidder. The point being-- you never mentioned any other bids, offering to a second chance bidder-- nothing. That auction would have ended I assume after 7 days total regardless of this assumed single bid. Yeah-- pain in the arse to deal with this clown, but is the relisting that burdensome?

The week would be wasted either way. The listing would be wasted. The relist would be needed. What am I missing other than dealing with the clown bidder?

Edited by 01TheDude

On 9/10/2019 at 7:30 PM, comixry said:

No I'm blocked by one seller over a misunderstanding and I can see their auctions.

23 hours ago, jokiing said:

I know that you can adjust your settings so that they can not contact you, but doubt that it blocks them viewing auctions that they won't be able to bid on. I'd prefer for them to try and bid and realize that they're blocked. Sort of a karma moment.

You should always set your ebay so blocked bidders can message you so when they ask why you can google cgc and their name, find the page in the blocked bidder thread and direct them to it so they know just exactly why and who they can thank for having them blocked by hundreds of the most prolific comic sellers on ebay.  Dont miss out on such a great opportunity to explain to some miscreant that their actions whoops yes actually had consequences this time-very rewarding.

hameedo21

Buyer submits an offer on an item.

Offer is automatically accepted.

Buyer immediately requests cancellation.

I message him asking him what's up and he replies:

"Am sorry I got confused between 2 items didn’t mean to offer
My apologies
It got accepted from the first offer lol"

Moran.

32 minutes ago, jcjames said:

hameedo21

Buyer submits an offer on an item.

Offer is automatically accepted.

Buyer immediately requests cancellation.

I message him asking him what's up and he replies:

"Am sorry I got confused between 2 items didn’t mean to offer
My apologies
It got accepted from the first offer lol"

Moran.

Do you mean "insufficiently_thoughtful_person?"

1 hour ago, mattn792 said:

I lose my bleep when an eBay loser includes “lol” in their message.  So glad this is funny to you azhole.

right??

16 hours ago, mattn792 said:

I lose my bleep when an eBay loser includes “lol” in their message.  So glad this is funny to you azhole.

In my experience, it's a millennial safety net.  They use it when writing something that makes them uncomfortable.  I also see it a lot when young people post something that might be somewhat inflammatory...always followed with an "lol".  This way, if they get in over their head, they can fall back on "Dude, chill.  I was joking.  Didn't you see the lol?".

It's largely ineffective on people over 30 years old, but maybe it's effective amongst their peers.  There has to be some reason it keeps popping up, right? 

On 9/13/2019 at 4:57 AM, Turtle said:

In my experience, it's a millennial safety net.  They use it when writing something that makes them uncomfortable.  I also see it a lot when young people post something that might be somewhat inflammatory...always followed with an "lol".  This way, if they get in over their head, they can fall back on "Dude, chill.  I was joking.  Didn't you see the lol?".

It's largely ineffective on people over 30 years old, but maybe it's effective amongst their peers.  There has to be some reason it keeps popping up, right? 

l o l

Edited by kav