• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

EBAY: BLOCKED USER LIST
54 54

8,583 posts in this topic

Avoid coasttocoastcomics(aka Frank Simmons) like the plague.  This guy is using his title as Overstreet advisor to scan people.  He will put a picture of a comic up for bidding on Ebay then when a person contacts him about more details on the book he will use different ways to get your email.  He then emails you with an offer and completes the transaction outside of Ebay.  He's  been doing this for years using different names, but his most recent Ebay seller is coasttocoastcomics.

On 10/11/2019 at 3:35 PM, cpfefer said:

Avoid coasttocoastcomics(aka Frank Simmons) like the plague.  This guy is using his title as Overstreet advisor to scan people.  He will put a picture of a comic up for bidding on Ebay then when a person contacts him about more details on the book he will use different ways to get your email.  He then emails you with an offer and completes the transaction outside of Ebay.  He's  been doing this for years using different names, but his most recent Ebay seller is coasttocoastcomics.

you can forward those messages to ebay and get his acct suspended.

On 10/11/2019 at 4:35 PM, cpfefer said:

He's been a scumbag for years.

On 10/11/2019 at 5:35 PM, cpfefer said:

I can't believe he's SCANNING people.  I wouldn't be able to close the lid on my scanner. 

Honestly, I wouldn't call that tactic a scam as he's not tricking a person to buy something but that tactic is a scum-bucket move since he's using eBay to draw traffic to his items for sale and avoiding the fees.

3 hours ago, Red_Hood said:

I can't believe he's SCANNING people.  I wouldn't be able to close the lid on my scanner. 

Honestly, I wouldn't call that tactic a scam as he's not tricking a person to buy something but that tactic is a scum-bucket move since he's using eBay to draw traffic to his items for sale and avoiding the fees.

Is that really that bad LOL? I mean I have made offers (as a buyer) to people on eBay and also noted that I am on the CGC Chat boards and give them my name here.  I don't say lets do a deal through here but it's sort of implied :roflmao:.  It's worked out a few times where we were both (buyer/seller) happy.

Edited by Xenosmilus

As I said this miscreant is having his ebay buying experience seriously hampered.  If he messages to ask why you can explain in loving detail and point him towrds this thread and all the people that have him on their list.

Just now, kav said:

As I said this miscreant is having his ebay buying experience seriously hampered.  If he messages to ask why you can explain in loving detail and point him towrds this thread and all the people that have him on their list.

I respectfully disagree.  It's the whole mushrooms and keeping them in the dark argument.  "We" as a community can do more damage to duplicitous buyers and sellers if they don't come here.....

Just now, Mapleleafvann said:

I respectfully disagree.  It's the whole mushrooms and keeping them in the dark argument.  "We" as a community can do more damage to duplicitous buyers and sellers if they don't come here.....

Tell that to goodnewscomics.  Banned from ebay, opened another acct, banned, opened another account, banned for good.